Photo

McFarlane Toys Gets Entire Star Trek Licence!

• Please log in to reply
488 replies to this topic

#401 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 05:42 AM

Great pics JMW. I've been toying with buying the DST Kirk/Khan engineering fight scene just to use as a backdrop for the McFarlane Kirk. Also though about picking up the DST Next Gen Command Chair for Picard, but those are a bit pricier.

Thanks, luckily I still have all of the Select display bases and most of the DST AA stuff. I think all that I'm missing is the Enterprise bridge stuff. I may try and pick up another engineering section or two eventually.

#402 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 10:08 AM

A movie Kirk would look amazing with that chair.

#403 dchimpy

dchimpy

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 07:14 PM

A movie Kirk would look amazing with that chair.

Yes please!!!

#404 Sybeck1

Sybeck1

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 09:20 PM

https://youtu.be/Z7OlLzwh10s

TNI review. Finally larger web series are noticing them. Guy comes down on likenesses and then puts then beside what he considers the best figures of Trek made which is sixteen year old technology. Another review I watched today said Kirk has no waist articulation. AmI the only one who can turn his waist??

#405 Reign1701A

Reign1701A

Action figure anonymous member

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 09:38 PM

I can’t turn Kirk’s waist either. I’m afraid to put too much force on it. Where’s the swivel?

#406 joemolis

joemolis

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 10:45 PM

The swivel is at the bottom of his shirt. My Kirk's waist also swivels.

#407 Sybeck1

Sybeck1

• Members
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 05:01 AM

https://youtu.be/Z7OlLzwh10s

TNI review. Finally larger web series are noticing them. Guy comes down on likenesses and then puts then beside what he considers the best figures of Trek made which is sixteen year old technology. Another review I watched today said Kirk has no waist articulation. AmI the only one who can turn his waist??

I wrote a comment on this review in the defense of this line. I don't feel they were given a fair shake by the reviewer and that is causing many commenters to simply say pass. I want more of these not less

#408 LT CMDR DATA

LT CMDR DATA

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 07:59 AM

I wrote a comment on this review in the defense of this line. I don't feel they were given a fair shake by the reviewer and that is causing many commenters to simply say pass. I want more of these not less

yeah i saw this review too and i was surprised he think kirks likeness was bad yet this is by far the better heads out there.

#409 LT CMDR DATA

LT CMDR DATA

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 08:07 AM

so thanks to a tip, i stop by my game stop near by work and i found 2 sets of these figure. of course growing up with TNG i got picard, this figure is great love the detail and head is good too. the build on this is great and like the articulation much better from what we got with dst. really hope to see more from this line and my most want is to get the tng bridge crew in the movie uniforms, i really love those blk/gry desgins.

#410 MisterPL

MisterPL

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 08:26 AM

I still can't get over how much taller Picard is than Kirk. Scale issues make me sad.

#411 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • Interests:"Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?"

Posted 20 September 2018 - 12:59 PM

Honestly do these reviewers get some kind of cash reward for praising the old Art Asylum sculpts? I will admit I would have preferred that Picard were just a slightly bit smaller but I am not as put off about it as I was the DST Picard. I think that both sculpts from Macfarlane Toys are the best ever in this scale. Mezcos One:12 Kirk looked more like Andy Griffith than William Shatner. The real comparison for me will be Macfarlane Toys Spock against the Mezco One:12 release. That has been the best Leonard Nimoy sculpt to this date. I think it will be hard to beat.

#412 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 04:34 PM

Well... no line is w/o its flaws... but I think most here seem to agree that these are in fact better sculpts than AA/DST sculpts.

Comparatively the AA/DST sculpts are "soft" and you can see it when they are side by side! Also, the AA/DST paint of the skin hue looks pale.. which is fine for Spock as he's supposed to be an alien... but I think the paint looks better on these from what I've seen. 

I do agree that scale is not interchangeable... but this line is 6", AA was 7" and DST was 8"!!! so we have plenty of scale issues!

#413 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 06:13 PM

Mine have arrived. Some advice, don't buy them online. The ones I got have crap paint jobs. Kirk's eyes are too far rightward and quite obviously not on the mark where they were meant to be. Picard has a raised Spock eyebrow. Kinda upset about it actually, this is the best paint app McFarlane can manage?

This Picard does not look more Picardy than AA Nemesis Picard. No way no how!

#414 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 06:43 AM

This is why I want to find them "in the wild".

#415 LT CMDR DATA

LT CMDR DATA

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 06:25 PM

Yeah I was close to getting them online but good thing I found out GameStop got them so I picked the best ones.

#416 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 06:54 PM

I saw a lone Kirk at GameStop today... paint did seem off... so I decided to wait until I can pick and choose. 

1st time I'd been in a Game stop in quite awhile. They really have a pretty large selection of collectibles.

#417 LT CMDR DATA

LT CMDR DATA

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 12:49 PM

check out this great review from toyark, he gives a good opinion on them and does say it's worth to buy them.
http://news.toyark.c...to-shoot-317384

#418 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 01:13 PM

I wasn't crazy about the paint on my first Kirk so I rolled the dice and ordered another one. Luckily the second one was perfect. Now to decide how to customize the first one. Lol.

#419 MisterPL

MisterPL

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 02:39 PM

I may break down and pick up Kirk if I see him in the wild. I'm more of a 6" scale guy but he might fit in with figures from other franchises. 

#420 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 06:32 PM

The size is nice. He'd fit in fine with DCU or ML figures ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users