Photo

DST BSG

• Please log in to reply
457 replies to this topic

#401 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 02:55 PM

Anyone else notice the the Tigh with Eye patch is missing his right eyebrow? I knew something was off but couldnt put my finger on it. Now that I figured it out I cant thinking about it. Looks like I will be painting it on later. LOL.

#402 eti

eti

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 127 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek (TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY)<br />Battlestar Galactica (1978 &amp; 2003)<br />Stargate SG1 &amp; Atlantis<br />Star Wars<br />V (1984)<br />Aliens<br />Civil Aviation

Posted 23 March 2010 - 06:43 PM

QUOTE (JMW326 @ Mar 24 2010, 09:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyone else notice the the Tigh with Eye patch is missing his right eyebrow? I knew something was off but couldnt put my finger on it. Now that I figured it out I cant thinking about it. Looks like I will be painting it on later. LOL.

It took me a while to see it but you are correct, there is only one eyebrow

#403 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 07:13 PM

The funny thing is that they sculpted the eyebrow, they just didn't paint it.

#404 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 04:26 AM

LOL They only removed his eye.

#405 Dr. Crusher

Dr. Crusher

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:46 AM

Well, the bottom just dropped out of the eBay scalper market for Adama and the stealth Cylon. TRU has them on their website now for $13.99.

#406 eti

eti

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 127 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek (TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY)<br />Battlestar Galactica (1978 &amp; 2003)<br />Stargate SG1 &amp; Atlantis<br />Star Wars<br />V (1984)<br />Aliens<br />Civil Aviation

Posted 29 March 2010 - 04:24 PM

QUOTE (Dr. Crusher @ Mar 27 2010, 05:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, the bottom just dropped out of the eBay scalper market for Adama and the stealth Cylon. TRU has them on their website now for $13.99.

Received my Adama in the mail today, he is certainly a must have. ebay prices have not changed since TRU have placed him up on their site, mind you when you live outside the US it doesn't mean much as TRU don

#407 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 09:51 PM

Received the new figures this week:

I really like Adama & Tigh. Can't see any resemblance in Kara & Felix.

#408 The_Donster

The_Donster

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 02 April 2010 - 12:53 AM

I have to agree with you on the Felix. I saw this one in the stores recently and was a little disappointed with the likeness of him and those horrible glasses they put on Adama. Tigh is awesome of course, but I think I'm going to wrap up my line with the Minimates and a Caprica Six in red dress. That way I can display her with the Cylons I have.

#409 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 03 April 2010 - 10:51 AM

i thought the first starbuck was pretty bad too, and the hair on the second one doesnt look any better.

#410 Dr. Crusher

Dr. Crusher

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 03:03 PM

I think Starbuck is another of those figures that looks better from farther away.

Are we sure that wasn't the Tigh/Generic BSG Crewmember two-pack? wink.gif I haven't picked the set up yet, but that's kind of how he looks to me.

#411 pst01

pst01

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 10:24 PM

QUOTE (Dr. Crusher @ Apr 3 2010, 03:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are we sure that wasn't the Tigh/Generic BSG Crewmember two-pack? wink.gif I haven't picked the set up yet, but that's kind of how he looks to me.

my thoughts exactly. the only thing is gaeta appears to be wearing some lovely mascara, not sure that's standard issue on galactica.

i actually did some major headswaps with my set... i really don't like the reused helo body they used for tigh so i threw the colonel's head onto my "flight deck" lee and i put lee's head on gaeta's body so i'd finally have an apollo in his correct uniform. and poor gaeta sits decapitated among the accessories from the various other figures. tigh looks ok on lee's body, at least better than he did in that buffed up, skinny waisted thing they had him on. he looks far less cartoonish this way, if still a bit trim.

#412 Dr. Crusher

Dr. Crusher

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 11:35 AM

That's not a bad idea with the headswaps. I felt the same way about Tigh on the reused Helo body, and I'm probably going to have to do something when I pick up the set. Not sure what yet though. Do you have pics of any of your headswaps?

#413 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 11:53 AM

While some of the figures are not the greatest I am overall very happy with my BSG set. They look realy good displayed together. Starbuck, Gaeta and Anders are the weakest but not horrible either. If I can pick up another tigh loose somewhere I will probably try and do a headswap onto a smaller framed body but I dont think it is bad enough to mess with the one I currently have. Right now I am realy looking forward to getting the Sharon 2 pack to complete MY display. After that I would like to get Baltar to top it off. Anything after that would be nice but isn't necassary for me to feel that the set is complete. That happened when we got the old man.

#414 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 04 April 2010 - 12:33 PM

QUOTE (JMW326 @ Apr 4 2010, 12:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That happened when we got the old man.

I couldnt have said it better!

#415 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 09:01 PM

It will feel incomplete to me without Roslin, but I am confident she will show up at some point.

#416 J C R

J C R

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 06:55 AM

QUOTE (Artistix @ Apr 4 2010, 11:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It will feel incomplete to me without Roslin, but I am confident she will show up at some point.

I agree Artistix!! I would really like to see Roslin!

Does anyone know when the Sharon two-pack should start shipping?

#417 Dr. Crusher

Dr. Crusher

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 03:04 PM

Agreed on Roslin!

Good question re the Sharon 2-pack. They posted in package pics on the AA blog on 02/26, but I haven't even seen them turning up on eBay yet, which is usually the first indication that things are out somewhere. I keep expecting to hear any day now that they're shipping, or that someone found one at a store... Hmm. Maybe I'll email the shop I preordered my sets from.

#418 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 03:15 PM

It isn't that I don't want Roslin I just don't need her for my collection to be complete. That character annoyed me. But if they do get to her she will definitely be welcome on my shelf to round things out.
I have seen a couple of listing for the Sharon 2 pack on ebay but they are preorders. Right now I still need to find the Starbuck/Leoban 2 pack for a good price.

#419 eti

eti

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 03:54 PM

QUOTE (J C R @ Apr 9 2010, 01:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree Artistix!! I would really like to see Roslin!

Does anyone know when the Sharon two-pack should start shipping?

All I can find is April / May for the Sharon two-pack

#420 J C R

J C R

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 05:31 AM

QUOTE (eti @ Apr 9 2010, 05:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All I can find is April / May for the Sharon two-pack

Thanks for the info guys!!! And I have to respectfully disagree..... smile.gif I LOVED Roslin. She was probably my favorite on that show (her and Dualla) so I am really hoping she sees the light of day!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users