• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#21 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 01:59 PM

They probably do them one big bin of one type of badge at a time. So one batch of, say, Frosted Flakes would have Klingon badges until the bin is empty and then they randomly grab another bin of whatever is there or until the batch of cereal is done. So you may get a hundred or a few thousand boxes at a time with one type of badge. So if you got two boxes of the same cereal that were produced in the same batch and shipped together, then you will get the same badge in both boxes.

#22 tribble

tribble

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • Location:Iowa - United States - Earth - Sol System - Sector 001 - Alpha Quadrant - Milky Way Galaxy
  • Interests:Anything Star Trek. Laurel and Hardy. Orange County Choppers. Star Wars. Indiana Jones. Pirates. Renaissance Faires. Pirate re-enacting. Collecting Trek ships and tech. Gardening. Browsing antique shops. Looting and pillaging. Yo Ho Ho!

Posted 04 April 2009 - 05:27 PM

So far, the only one I have found is Apple Jacks and it had a Klingon badge in it.
As has been said before, not really a badge, but a kind of cool little item anyway. I am really hoping to get the Starfleet ones at least. Oh well, I am off and running! smile.gif

#23 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 11:10 AM

I just found a Klingon badge in some Apple Jacks I picked up at a Walmart in Ankeny, IA. I see you are in Iowa too, Tribble. Nice weather we're having!

#24 tribble

tribble

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • Location:Iowa - United States - Earth - Sol System - Sector 001 - Alpha Quadrant - Milky Way Galaxy
  • Interests:Anything Star Trek. Laurel and Hardy. Orange County Choppers. Star Wars. Indiana Jones. Pirates. Renaissance Faires. Pirate re-enacting. Collecting Trek ships and tech. Gardening. Browsing antique shops. Looting and pillaging. Yo Ho Ho!

Posted 05 April 2009 - 01:39 PM

Yep, Council Bluffs. Lovely spring day! (NOT!) I am so ready for warmer weather! At least we missed the blizzard they were forcasting yesterday.
By the way, it was Walmart where I got my box also. None of the local grocery stores seem to have the new promos yet. So, just biding my time. At least it will give me time to eat some of this stuff before I buy another box of cereal!

#25 tribble

tribble

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 10:27 PM

spock2.gif
Here is an update. I gave in to temptation and went to check out another Walmart. Guess what? Found two more boxes with the promo. So far out of three different kinds of cereal, I have gotten three different badges! In order...
Apple Jacks/Klingon
Frosted mini wheats/Engineering
Fruit loops/Sciences

Seems like the statistics are still holding pretty closely. Somebody needs to start a running tally. Now, I only need Command and the Romulan Empire. We'll see. I'll keep you updated. Meanwhile, I guess I better go and start eating some cereal!

#26 sallah

sallah

Herbert.

• Members
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 06:18 AM

I also got a Klingon Badge from Apple Jacks... so add that on there too...

I have yet to see Corn Pops with them, but I did find the Eggo plate box!

Sallah

#27 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 09:45 AM

@tribble:
Now the only consistent thing across the board is the Klingon badge in the Apple Jacks. Still, it does seem that a certain type of cereal, from the same store, within a reasonable time span, will yield the same badge as all its brothers it was shipped with. smile.gif

@sallah:
I saw some corn pops finally (went to a ton of stores yesterday in the Des Moines area) that had an offer, but it was not the free badge, I think it was the flash drive. IIRC it was on the normal size, as opposed to family size. I'm not exactly sure that the original report on TrekMovie was accurate. It said that reduced sugar Frosted Flakes would have the flash drive (which it does, I've seen it) but it also said that the regular Frosted Flakes would have the badge -- but I saw normal size, regular Frosted Flakes with the flash drive offer. At first I thought the badges must be in the family sizes, but from what I recall that theory doesn't hold up anymore. For sure, the Mini-Wheats I got Command from are not family size -- but maybe those don't come in a family size.

Also I did finally find the Eggo offer, too! I've only seen it on Eggo Minis like pictured in the TrekMovie article, and I only found that kind to be stocked at Target. My Wal-Marts and midwest grocery chain Hy-Vee do not seem to carry Eggo Minis. I found a grand total of 3 boxes w/offers, between 2 Targets, both hidden behind boxes with no offer. I bought 2 because it requires 2 tokens and I didn't know if they would accept tokens from other products (they all have a little letter on them that tells whether it came from [C]ereal, [E]ggos, etc.).

The one I want most is the Romulan badge...Still none sighted. sad.gif

#28 sallah

sallah

Herbert.

• Members
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 10:09 AM

I didn't relaize it took 2 tokens for the plate! ARGH! Have to buy another box now. I spotted them on pancakes and mini-eggos. Their pancakes are actually quite tasty so I guess I'll get another box of those...

Sallah

#29 JonWes

JonWes

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 06:58 PM

I finally saw my first box today! Out of the whole cereal section they only had a few boxes of Fruit Loops with the Star Trek badges, though there were quite a few Pop-Tarts with the ticket offer.

I got the Engineering badge in my Fruit Loops.

#30 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 07:22 PM

Here is the ultimate reference of what will be in which products. Even includes cereal box sizes. See the product lists at the bottom of these pages:

Beam-Up Badges
Flash Drive (Cereal)
Flash Drive (Snacks)
Plate
Shirt
Movie Ticket

Duplicating the badges list here, since that seems to concern everyone most:
* Kellogg's Frosted Flakes

#31 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 05:27 PM

Finally found some today. I got two boxes of Frosted Flakes at the same time from the same store, but both had different badges: One command badge and one Romulan.

#32 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 06:18 PM

Frack!

I picked up another Box of FF, and it had another Engineering Badge :-(

THat makes 2 Boxes of F-Loops = 2 Klingon & 2 FF = 2 Engineering.

Your making a believer out of me.

If anyone needs these two and has any other two to trade hit me up! I'd love to trade 2-2!

#33 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 03:51 AM

Well there are what 6 cereals?

Frosted Flakes
Rice Krispies
Corn Pops
Apple Jacks
Frosted Miniwheats
And Fruit Loops

So I assume you need to get one of each to get the different badges.

#34 sallah

sallah

Herbert.

• Members
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 08:35 AM

QUOTE (BadBunnyMike @ Apr 10 2009, 03:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Frosted Flakes
Rice Krispies
Corn Pops
Apple Jacks
Frosted Miniwheats
And Fruit Loops

Not necessarily...we thought we had hit a pattern, but it just looks like the packed them in batches instead of in a specific cereal. So if you were to buy 2 boxes of froot loops from the same store at the same time, there's no telling what badge you'll get but you would probably get 2 of the same one, whatever it may be.

So you would probably have better chances buying 1 of each instead doubling up on specific cereal... Like 1 box of froot loops and one box of miniwheats or something. No guaruntee you won't double out, but your chances are probably better than if you bought 2 froot loops.

Sallah

#35 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 01:48 PM

QUOTE (BadBunnyMike @ Apr 10 2009, 04:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Frosted Flakes
Rice Krispies
Corn Pops
Apple Jacks
Frosted Miniwheats
And Fruit Loops

Nope. I got two boxes of Frosted Flakes at the same time from the same store, but got two different badges.

#36 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 10 April 2009 - 08:15 PM

Well I bought two fruit loops from the same store and got one command and one klingon badge. I also bought one apple jacks and got a klingon badge. i would be up for trading if anyone else is.

#37 tribble

tribble

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 10:55 PM

Well, I found the Frosted flakes, and Corn pops, with the badges, and scored a command badge, and (unfortunately)another klingon badge! I only need the romulan badge now,got the other four, so if anybody has an extra romulan, and needs a klingon, let me know. Thanks

#38 s8film40

s8film40

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 862 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 09:08 AM

I got a box of frosted mini shredded wheat and I got a Romulan one. If anyone is looking for the Romulan one and has an extra Starfleet one I'd be happy to trade.

#39 sallah

sallah

Herbert.

• Members
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 12:23 PM

Finally found the Corn Pops...and got another Klingon badge, so that's another towards my son's set. What's disappointing with the Corn Pops is that you actually have to open the bag of cereal to find the badge. All the other cereals have the badge out side the actual bag of cereal, so you can open the box and find out what you have and keep the cereal sealed until you're ready to eat it. So no more Corn Pops for us...

Also got mini-wheats and got a Romulan badge, so now we have-

My set:
Command
Klingon
Romulan

My son's set:
Engineering
Klingon

So if we hit klingon again I'll have one of those to trade...

Sallah

#40 Smitty

Smitty

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 02:15 PM

So far I've found Froot Loops & Apple Jacks with the badges and all have been freaking Kiingon! 9 of 'em.

Cereal gods I beseech thee! Throw me a bone here! Send some delta shields my way!

-cs™

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users