• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Prometheus

Prometheus

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 09:14 PM

Here are some good shots of the new Hot Wheels Enterprise......

#2 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 30 November 2009 - 09:39 PM

That looks pretty sweet!

#3 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 09:44 PM

QUOTE (Commodore Kor'Tar @ Nov 30 2009, 10:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That looks pretty sweet!

I think it might be the most accurate rendition so far.... I'm just jealous that its not mine !!! Its my roommates sad.gif

I'm going to get one though.

#4 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 30 November 2009 - 09:52 PM

How does the hot wheels ship compare with the DVD/Blu-Ray ship case? In relation to size etc. If you have access to both could you take a couple side by side shots please ?

#5 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 10:04 PM

QUOTE (Commodore Kor'Tar @ Nov 30 2009, 10:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How does the hot wheels ship compare with the DVD/Blu-Ray ship case? In relation to size etc. If you have access to both could you take a couple side by side shots please ?

This is better IMHO ( The saucer is slimer ...which I think is more accurate)...The Hot Wheels is quite a bit smaller though.... Its about 6".

#6 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 10:19 PM

Here are some comparison shots.....

This is the DVD Case:

This is the Hot Wheels:

#7 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 10:27 PM

Here is a comparison of the Playmates, DVD Case, and Hot Wheels.......

#8 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 12:18 AM

Wow thanks for the pics! That is an awesome hot wheels ship to be so detailed and it's the smallest one of the group, it boggles the mind lol

#9 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 11:07 AM

Very nice! It almost makes me regret not doing these ships!

#10 CanOpener1256

CanOpener1256

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • Interests:anything Star Trek, especially ship models from Art Asylum and others.

Posted 01 December 2009 - 06:59 PM

Where did you find a copy? I didn't know it was out. Not at my Target yet, anyway.

#11 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 10:33 PM

QUOTE (CanOpener1256 @ Dec 1 2009, 07:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Where did you find a copy? I didn't know it was out. Not at my Target yet, anyway.

They must be sold out at your Target.... They have been out for a while now.

#12 Jhinkle

Jhinkle

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 05:16 AM

Are these Hotwheels showing up in stores yet or just online shops so far?

#13 dchimpy

dchimpy

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 02:21 PM

Looks cool. I'm in southeast Michigan too (near Detroit), but haven't seen the 09 movie version anywhere. Which Targets have you seen this at? I'm itching to pick one up!

#14 skeletor

skeletor

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 04:49 PM

wow that looks really nice!
I love this new enterprise!
Althought I wish I could say I liked the new movie (sorry for those who love it) I just couldn't get into it, I don't care how they did things like changing the time line and stuff.

Are they not going to be doing a classic TOS Enterprise from the series?
I think they would make it look pretty sweet! It didnt have TOO much detail, so hot wheels could probably do it good justice!

#15 VE Telus

VE Telus

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 08:26 PM

Prometheus, how warped was your right engine? Mine came today, and it's severely warped. Do you think that plastic's fixable?

#16 starfleet_dropout

starfleet_dropout

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 12:47 AM

QUOTE (VE Telus @ Dec 4 2009, 09:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Prometheus, how warped was your right engine? Mine came today, and it's severely warped. Do you think that plastic's fixable?

Newbie here. That's exactly how mine looks like too!

#17 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 01:13 AM

QUOTE (VE Telus @ Dec 4 2009, 09:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mine was slightly warped ...Not quite that bad.... I used a hairdryer to warm it...straightened it than ran it under cold water. It looks pretty straight now.

#18 New Frontier

New Frontier

I know FHC by name.

• Suspended
  • 585 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek: The Original Series <br />Graphic Design <br />Star Trek 2009 <br />Model Making <br /><br />

Posted 05 December 2009 - 07:01 AM

not a fan of the Hot Wheels stuff, every ship i've seen looks incredibly tacky and cheap. It's a shame that Star Trek hasn't had some really truly memorable (for all the right reasons) merchandise in a while - everything seems to look cheap, tacky and just as if no thought had gone into much of it, most things seem to break or have some kind of fault or problem in it (whether it be DST, Mattel or some other company who's had a license). Can anyone remember when toys used to be amazing? - i hope with the launch of Qmx's Trek line next year my opinion on Trek merch will change - not since the day's of the original Art Asylum line have i been blown away by Star Trek stuff.

#19 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 02:04 PM

QUOTE (New Frontier @ Dec 5 2009, 08:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
not a fan of the Hot Wheels stuff, every ship i've seen looks incredibly tacky and cheap. It's a shame that Star Trek hasn't had some really truly memorable (for all the right reasons) merchandise in a while - everything seems to look cheap, tacky and just as if no thought had gone into much of it, most things seem to break or have some kind of fault or problem in it (whether it be DST, Mattel or some other company who's had a license). Can anyone remember when toys used to be amazing? - i hope with the launch of Qmx's Trek line next year my opinion on Trek merch will change - not since the day's of the original Art Asylum line have i been blown away by Star Trek stuff.

I cant afford the 3000.00 -5000.00 price tag they are estimating for the large QMX ships...but I will be getting the smaller collector scales for 250.00....Im hoping, like you, that the quality will be great. I do have to say though...the 09 Hot Wheels Enterprise ( Besides the warped nacelle) is the best one to date in my opinion.

#20 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 02:21 PM

My 2009 Movie 1701 came today and i think it looks pretty good, even though it has the warped Nacelle problem too. I may open it after i get a second one and then i may heat up the nacelle and straighten it out.I really like the DVD case 1701 as well, it looks really good to be a DVD case, and i am not sure if it may actually be better than the Hotwheels version IMO. I plan to get the Hotwheels Battle Damaged 2009 movie 1701 as well when i find one for a decent price.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users