Darth Duranium's Content

There have been 2 items by Darth Duranium (Search limited from 28-April 23)

Sort by                Order  

#94668 Star Trek - The Official Starships Collection

Posted by Darth Duranium on 25 August 2018 - 10:28 PM in Everything else.

Can somebody give us all an up-to-date summary of the actual number of planned issues, broken down into types?

Memory-Alpha states there will be "160 + special issues".  This is highly ambiguous IMO.

To me, special issues means the larger ones which cost more.  But there are also the smaller sized bonus issues (including shop exclusives), mirror universe issues, etc.

Does 160 issues refer only to the numbered, smaller issues?  Meaning we are still in for about 1.5 years worth of more ships?

Is it still 160?

Will the Picard show get its own new collection or will it turn into 260?

Do we have any idea how far they will go with more non-numbered, smaller ships?

Hey Whirly! Actually, M-A says 160 + Special editions (which, as the contents and headings lay out) includes Mirror, Bonus, Shuttle, Special, and XL issues. I know 'cuz I wrote it. :) This is based on EM's way of identifying things but, as I'm sure you've noticed, it's a bit of a dog's dinner. Some (reg. sized) Bonus issues are titled (on their covers) as "Special issues" by EM, for instance. Yup, it's confusing, and the webshop has not always been consistent, either. We muddle on.

Anyhoo, Hobsgrg's interpretation is spot-on in all respects. Rumour has it that ships from the upcoming Picard show will be launched as a new partwork (like the Disco line) as a condition of the license... but this hasn't been confirmed.

Apparently, the toolings are very expensive to produce but the actual production ships are crazy cheap to manufacture. We've seen the regular ships being solicited for less than $2 a pop in China, if you buy 5000 or more. Subs and the webshop are highly profitable for EM; it's quite doubtful the line would still be going if they'd only wholesaled them to Diamond.

#92981 Star Trek - The Official Starships Collection

Posted by Darth Duranium on 30 January 2018 - 10:03 PM in Everything else.

Just a quick FYI: seems that this info didn't make it here yet, must've gotten buried en route, oddly.

EM Customer Service had an update for 123-130 and it was privately confirmed by another EM staffer. Credit to Don and Izo on the unofficial FB page for the scoop. Btw, all of these have been added to the M-A page, for easy reference. 

http://memory-alpha....hips_Collection

123 ROMULAN SCIENCE VESSEL
124 SS EMMETTE
125 ALICE
126 USS PRINCETON (NIAGARA-CLASS)
127 EYMORG VESSEL (remastered)
128 OV-165 (X-33 SPACEPLANE from Enterprise titles)
129 THOLIAN SHIP (23C)
130 BORG PROBE