anti-hero's Content

There have been 64 items by anti-hero (Search limited from 30-April 23)

Sort by                Order  

#39001 And the AA/ DST Spotlight shines on...

Posted by anti-hero on 26 May 2009 - 01:27 PM in AA / DST

QUOTE (sallah @ May 26 2009, 02:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, it could be the regular one. Is the collar black or the same color as the shirt? The regular one is a standard yellow shirt kirk with a black collar. The WNMHGB is wearing a gold shirt with a ribbed collar.

Did you actually have the chair with it?

Sallah

You're right, it's the regular one with the black collar. Thanks!

#38997 And the AA/ DST Spotlight shines on...

Posted by anti-hero on 26 May 2009 - 12:54 PM in AA / DST

It's not electronic, so I guess it's wnmhgb.

#38992 And the AA/ DST Spotlight shines on...

Posted by anti-hero on 26 May 2009 - 12:24 PM in AA / DST

QUOTE (sallah @ May 26 2009, 01:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It is a phaser holding hand, yeah. Not sure what you need it for, but the skin tones on these aren't going to match well with alot of other stuff...

Sallah

I need it to match to a command chair kirk that I got loose. He has an open hand and the flesh tones of kirk are a lot different than the other crew members, so theirs don't match.

#38983 And the AA/ DST Spotlight shines on...

Posted by anti-hero on 26 May 2009 - 10:51 AM in AA / DST

QUOTE (sallah @ May 26 2009, 11:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
...Commander Spock (as seen in "Amok Time") is up!

http://apieceoftheac...nder-spock.html

Thanks!

Sallah

Stupid question time...in this 2 pack, does the Kirk have a phaser holding hand? It looks like it, but I can't tell if the grip is larger for the battle staff. I need a phaser hand for Kirk and a non Vulcan sign left hand for Spock and was thinking about buying one each of the reissues. If the Kirk has a phaser grip then I just buy this and at least get a couple versions of the characters that I don't have.

#38977 12 inch Sulu and Pike

Posted by anti-hero on 26 May 2009 - 09:41 AM in Playmates

QUOTE (JonWes @ May 15 2009, 10:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Speaking of the 12'' figures... look at the accessories for the Barbie figures! Man, I want those accessories! They look much cooler than the Playmates versions. Grumble.

http://trekmovie.com...e-barbie-dolls/

Whoah!!!  Those are waaay nicer.  Wonder if they fit with the PM figs tho.  

Speaking of accessories....I'm really hoping when Pike and Sulu come out their Phasers are set to kill.  All 3 we've gotten so far are set to stun.  sad.gif

#38763 Which AA/DST Crew is your favorite?

Posted by anti-hero on 22 May 2009 - 08:57 AM in AA / DST

Kind of surprising that TNG is in the lead. I always figured it would be TOS. Altho, if you add up TOS, MM and TWOK then Kirk and co are pretty handley beating Picard and friends 2 (TNG, AGT, Nem).

#38667 Which AA/DST Crew is your favorite?

Posted by anti-hero on 21 May 2009 - 11:52 AM in AA / DST

Just wondering what AA/DST crew all of ya'll like the best and why. I've gotten a ton of ST stuff lately, and by far my fav have been the TWOK figures. I've always liked that uni the best, and they seem to be the best made and some of the better scaled figures they've offered (of the ones I own anyway). Altho the new movie has given me a better appreciation for the primary colors of the TOS crew, I still really hate all the paint fleks that come off their necks, but they'd still probably be my 2nd choice.

How about you all?

#38518 Johnny Lightning NX-01

Posted by anti-hero on 19 May 2009 - 09:10 AM in Everything else.

Sorry if this isn't the right forum, but does anyone have this? Do the missles (or whatever they are) attached underneath come off? How does it compare size wise to the new Hot Wheels ships?

#38411 Enterprise Figures

Posted by anti-hero on 18 May 2009 - 01:02 PM in AA / DST

QUOTE (flw @ May 18 2009, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know about anyone else who has these, but I've had terrible trouble with the hip joints on these figures. They tend to pop out, and with the rubbery covering over them I can't get them re-connected. Also, once the joints pop, the figures won't stand up anymore - at least not reliably. I've thrown away a lot of these figures because i can't really do anything with them once the hips dislocate. Very aggravating!

Hmm...good to know, thanks.

The away team figs look pretty cool, but I noticed they don't come with the phasers. Do the phasers from the duty uni figs fit in their hands?

#38396 Mattel Die Cast Series!!!

Posted by anti-hero on 18 May 2009 - 09:06 AM in Everything else.

Hmm....fairly underwhelming imo.

At this point I'm mostly just interested in when the 1701-XI comes out.

#38394 Enterprise Figures

Posted by anti-hero on 18 May 2009 - 08:38 AM in AA / DST

Hmm....cool. Are the hips ball joints, or the normal AA T crotch?

#38392 Enterprise Figures

Posted by anti-hero on 18 May 2009 - 08:29 AM in AA / DST

Are these figures poseable? I've seen pics of them sitting down, but they look like McF figs in promo pics. Are the paints the soft rubbery stuff like the TOS shirts? What's the general consensus on these? Are they worth getting? I just got hooked on ENT (**shakes fist at the Sci-Fi Channel**) so I'm thinking of picking up a couple of these.

#38123 Playmates 2008 Star Trek Movie Toys

Posted by anti-hero on 14 May 2009 - 01:48 PM in Playmates

QUOTE (BadBunnyMike @ May 14 2009, 03:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
....can't wait to see pix of Sarek, Scotty, and Uhura in 12"

Have those been announced for the 12" line?

#38111 Enterprise E sounds

Posted by anti-hero on 14 May 2009 - 12:26 PM in AA / DST

Yeah, I don't know as much about the actual ship as some people so the paint is fine for me. The windows being painted would've made it a little nicer, but that's a small nit for me.

Oh, and my fav part about the e...I love the landing strip for Shuttlecraft on the back of the second hull. It's nice little touches like this that make it an outstanding toy.

#38102 Enterprise E sounds

Posted by anti-hero on 14 May 2009 - 11:10 AM in AA / DST

QUOTE (LT CMDR DATA @ May 14 2009, 12:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
no theres more, you have to unscrew the cover on the bottom and move the switch from "try me" to "normal" then you will have more sounds.

Oh ok, simple enough, thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, I really love this ship!! This along with the Refit which also came yesterday are my first AA ships, and they're awesome! I had the 2009 PM Ent already and, tho i still like it, these 2 really put it to shame. I think I'm going to have to get the D and a TOS Ent now too!

#38100 Enterprise E sounds

Posted by anti-hero on 14 May 2009 - 11:02 AM in AA / DST

I just got the E in the mail yesterday and the only sound it makes is Picard saying "Battle Stations." Is that the only sound it has? I really doubt that, so is there a way to get it to move on to the next sound?

#37913 And the AA/ DST Spotlight shines on...

Posted by anti-hero on 12 May 2009 - 01:47 PM in AA / DST

So when swapping the head from the TMP Kirk to the TWOK Kirk, is it a simple boil and pop, or do you have to dremmel either one?

#37883 Who wants shuttlecraft?

Posted by anti-hero on 12 May 2009 - 08:47 AM in Playmates

This may be a stupid question, but would the old PM line Goddard Shuttlecraft work with the new 3 3/4 line?

#37783 Spoiler-ific Movie Discussion Thread

Posted by anti-hero on 11 May 2009 - 08:08 AM in SciFi news.

QUOTE (Gothneo @ May 11 2009, 08:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hang on!

ENT cannon is still in play! The Xindi threat seems to have been just as great... both were in for destroying the earth!

LOL, I knew I should've qualified that statement with a IINM. In any case, it was a huge threat, one that several ships and their captains couldn't handle together, much less on their own.

#37781 Spoiler-ific Movie Discussion Thread

Posted by anti-hero on 11 May 2009 - 07:40 AM in SciFi news.

In response to the post about kirk graduating the academy as a Captain...is it ridiculous? Obviously. But I still bought it, at least in the context of this movie and in the context of Star Trek. Here's a few reasons why I can buy it...

1. While drunk and bloodied on a bar floor Kirk is told he can have his own ship 4 years after graduating the academy. That, to me, seems like a ridiculuously short amount of time to begin with. So apparently his "aptitude test scores" place him on a fast track to begin with.

2. Starfleet lost several ships and (presumably) their captains when they disptached (was it 7?) ships to Vulcan. So they are shorthanded and in need of ships immeadiately (again, presumably).

3. Pike has a man-crush on Kirk from the start, to the point that he makes him second in command as he's leaving the ship. So really he wasn't promoted from cadet to captain, he was promoted from suspended cadet to commander, then to captain, LOL. And, imo it's fair to assume that Pike had a hand in choosing his own replacement.

4. Kirk fought and defeated the biggest threat to Starfleet up to that point. He proved that he could command and that the crew followed him. Why replace him with someone else and possibly lower the morale of the crew that just saved the Federation?

Anyway, just my .02.

#37659 Playmates 2008 Star Trek Movie Toys

Posted by anti-hero on 09 May 2009 - 09:58 PM in Playmates

I remember someone posting that the phasers from the TOS line fit in the belts for the Playmates 6" line, but do those belts fit on the AA figures?

#37456 Excelsior starship in fall of 09?

Posted by anti-hero on 06 May 2009 - 12:16 PM in AA / DST

QUOTE (Kyp Durron @ May 6 2009, 12:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I used to own the E, so I believe I can answer that. For one thing, the windows aren't painted in like the later releases, the WOK 1701 the battle damaged version, TOS 1701, TOS The Cage version, as well as the Where No Man Has Gone Before version, The new Enterprise D, etc.

Also, the Enterprise E is rather sparse in the paint application department as well, not to mention that only the front part of the nacelles light up, the part that's supposed to be blue doesn't even have lighting at all.

Otherwise, the sculpt and stand are very well done, but yes, compared to the later releases, it is indeed inferior in my honest opinon.

-Kyp

Hmm...well since I don't any of the other ships I think I can live with all that. I have the PM 2009 Enterprise and love it so I'm sure this will still be a step up, LOL.

#37438 Excelsior starship in fall of 09?

Posted by anti-hero on 06 May 2009 - 07:18 AM in AA / DST

QUOTE (Jedigreedo @ Feb 16 2009, 03:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Despite the inferior quality of the Enterprise-E, a display with all of the Enterprises would be so very, very awesome.

I know this is a pretty old post, but what's inferior about the E? Do you mean the actual design of the ship, or the AA toy being inferior?

#37394 Mattel Die Cast Series!!!

Posted by anti-hero on 05 May 2009 - 12:38 PM in Everything else.

QUOTE (JonWes @ May 5 2009, 12:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, hey, what do you know?

Looking at Ex Astris Scientia's comparison chart and then paring it down to just the D,E and refit... it works! I overlapped them and then took the toys and positioned them and the Refit to the E is almost perfect! Not sure how the D will be until it comes out, of course.

Kind of cool. I didn't realize the original was so small. I remember making a model when I was younger with the Enterprises in scale to eachother (at least I thought they were in scale) and I didn't realize the difference was so great.

[/img]

Nice!  Hmm...that makes me want the AA ships even more now.

#37386 Mattel Die Cast Series!!!

Posted by anti-hero on 05 May 2009 - 08:45 AM in Everything else.

Someone was saying on another board that the refit/A is in scale with the AA E and D.  Is that correct?