• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#1 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 07:50 PM

So, pretty big info in this AskDST... Reliant and the KTinga aren't the next 2. I have no idea what's coming anymore.

No Defiant, No Reliant, no Voyager, and no Enterprise C. Not a Klingon ship, not a Dominion ship.

Maybe a TOS BoP like some people have said? I honestly can't even guess the Federation ship at this point.

#2 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 12 May 2014 - 08:06 PM

Copy and paste my post into this one:

Right, I'm done! All out of guesses as to what the next two ships could be if they really are brand new ship classes, not just variations (a la 1701-D/AGT-D). My only thought is, "I have no f****** clue!", but I'm excited. :)

Jeff W.
The Next two Star Trek Ships you have planned are either of them USS Defiant and the Deep Space Nine Runabout?

DSTChuck: No comment.

Reading that, my eyes twitched, and my face screwed up tight. I can't wait for them to be announced, either to completely lose it with excitement, or to just relax whilst waiting for it again! :D

#3 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 08:50 PM

Wasn't the Runabout denied in a past AskDST?

I like the Runabout but I'm not terribly interested in getting one myself. I also wouldn't understand why they'd make a ship like that before Defiant.

I'm also curious as to how big it would be... It couldn't possibly be as big as the other ships they make, it would look funny.

#4 Will Decker

Will Decker

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 09:09 PM

Wasn't the Runabout denied in a past AskDST?

I like the Runabout but I'm not terribly interested in getting one myself. I also wouldn't understand why they'd make a ship like that before Defiant.

I'm also curious as to how big it would be... It couldn't possibly be as big as the other ships they make, it would look funny.

I think we can infer from that that the USS Defiant is a definite.  The guy was just asking if it's either of the two, not both.  They would never make a runabout.  Certainly not at the same time as the defiant.  Too similar with dialogue and such.

If the other one is NOT the Klingon D-7, Reliant, Enterprise-C, or Voyager, which Chuck seems to be implying, we may be looking at a Romulan.  Either a next gen warbird or maybe a TOS Bird of Prey.

#5 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 09:11 PM

The issue with that is Defiant was denied recently.

#6 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 12 May 2014 - 09:20 PM

I'd love a Runabout, but I think they'd make the Defiant before that. Either way, that 'no comment' answer is very different from the usual 'it is definitely on the short-list for future', etc. :D

#7 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 09:27 PM

I'd love a Runabout, but I think they'd make the Defiant before that. Either way, that 'no comment' answer is very different from the usual 'it is definitely on the short-list for future', etc. :D

It is indeed, I'd be thrilled if the Defiant denial was just a misdirection. Or no comment means nothing and we're just being hopeful.

#8 joemolis

joemolis

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 09:45 PM

If one of the next ships is an original series romulan bird of prey, that will be the first new ship I pass on. I grew up on the original series but I think that design is boring and been done to death on multiple scales from multiple product lines. I certainly don't want to offend any lovers of that ship but I just don't see the appeal for it. Just my opinion but I don't begrudge anyone else's.

#9 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 09:57 PM

If one of the next ships is an original series romulan bird of prey, that will be the first new ship I pass on. I grew up on the original series but I think that design is boring and been done to death on multiple scales from multiple product lines. I certainly don't want to offend any lovers of that ship but I just don't see the appeal for it. Just my opinion but I don't begrudge anyone else's.

I agree about the TOS Romulan BoP. I have the playmates one and since the design is so simple it's good enough for me, I really wouldn't be interested in another incarnation of that ship.

#10 trekhunter1701

trekhunter1701

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 223 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek

Posted 12 May 2014 - 10:36 PM

Ferengi or Cardassian! We ruled out everything else!!

#11 Will Decker

Will Decker

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:59 AM

The issue with that is Defiant was denied recently.

Maybe it's all bullshit and he's denying ships that they actually are doing.

#12 Stormfury_Echo

Stormfury_Echo

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:28 AM

We won't know anything until they finally drop it in our laps.

#13 Dilithium1

Dilithium1

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:57 AM

Stargazer? Botany Bay?  NX-01 Era BOP?

Hmm, Ill totally go for that last one....

#14 Dilithium1

Dilithium1

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:58 AM

2009 Enterprise??

#15 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 09:39 AM

Keep in mind that things have been denied by DST in the past then announced months later. They have an approval process to go through so cant always just give direct answers to questions or even say something is being considered. Chuck usually gives little hints like he did with this one (No Comment) if something is possible or will be announced. So I would say Defiant is a possibility.

#16 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 10:24 AM

Defiant would be cool, and if that is the case they just might be making a Galor to go with it. Highly unlikely but you never know. I am kinda bummed it ISNT Reliant :(

#17 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 11:18 AM

2009 Enterprise??

They don't have the rights to the new stuff.

Stargazer? Botany Bay?  NX-01 Era BOP?

Hmm, Ill totally go for that last one....

Those ships aren't nearly popular enough for DST to consider, and if they even thought about making a Botany Bay before anything else I'd be quite angry.

I think based on the no comment comment Defiant is back as being one of the next ships, unless they throw a curve ball and they are doing a Runabout. Which would be massively surprising.

#18 Dilithium1

Dilithium1

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 12:20 PM

I would put money on the Defiant, given the way the question was answered. 

I would have preferred the Reliant or K'Tinga personally.

#19 mars396

mars396

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 02:06 PM

I am beyond disappointed that there will be no DST K'Tinga.   That one, with all of its variant potential seemed like a perfect fit for DST.

And the Reliant denial also adds to the mystery.

In this Ask DST, Chuck all but confirmed the Defiant.  But what is the other one ???

Could it be the actual Deep Space Nine station itself ? 

A Borg cube ?

and why does he always put "new" in quotes !!??!?!?

DSTChuck:  For now we’re not planning another Klingon ship, but we do have two “new” ships in development right now. 

why specifically "new" like that ?   Are we getting a variant of a previously released ship ?  "New" as in "new" variant of a ship we already have ??

#20 Stormfury_Echo

Stormfury_Echo

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 02:30 PM

^ I believe he quoted it for emphasis.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users