Photo

VOY Figures More or Less of a possiblility now?

• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

Poll: Possible? (44 member(s) have cast votes)

Possible?

1. More of a Chance (16 votes [36.36%])

Percentage of vote: 36.36%

2. Less of a Chance (8 votes [18.18%])

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

3. About the Same Chance (20 votes [45.45%])

Percentage of vote: 45.45%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#141 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 11:44 AM

That's the retailer special case pack, though. Jumpsuit Seven is a Previews exclusive, so retailers can also order cases of her by herself. Borgified Seven, though, is part of the regular case pack. If you order more of them, they will have to order more Borg wave cases.

#142 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 06:05 PM

QUOTE (Whirlygig @ Apr 8 2009, 09:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Somewhere I read that a case of this wave will include 2 assimilated crewmen, 2 borg drones, 2 borg Sevens, and 2 jumpsuit Sevens. If that is wrong, my figurin's be incorrect. If there is a way for a retailer to get Sevens without getting the other characters, then I'm not helping quite as much as I hoped; but still, the more Sevens sell, the more VOY-related sales points we score from DST's perspective.

yeah, those are specialty packed cases. Rick at New Force would get a case assortment like that. but the normal case packs wont have the Human Seven in it, and only one Borg Crewman.

#143 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 06:28 PM

QUOTE (BadBunnyMike @ Apr 8 2009, 07:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yeah, those are specialty packed cases. Rick at New Force would get a case assortment like that. but the normal case packs wont have the Human Seven in it, and only one Borg Crewman.

Hmm. Well the only place I know of to buy this stuff is online (have not stumbled upon any DST Trek figures in B&M stores for some time), at either BBTS, EE, or NFC, and they all appear to be getting these specialty packed cases... That leads to the question, who in the heck gets the normal cases?

#144 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 07:06 PM

Comic stores, Suncoast/FYE, international retailers, smaller internet retailers, etc. Most of the places you listed get the regular cases, I believe. If you order a case from EE, it's usually the regular case pack. I sometimes order from Corner Store Comics/Amazing Toyz and they get the regular case pack.

#145 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 07:50 PM

I should ask my nearby comic stores why they don't carry DST Trek figures. I found one which carried a TWOK Enterprise, but no figures. If they have tried, and they didn't sell, then that will be the answer...but if not maybe they will consider giving it a shot. And if they give it a shot now, the timing will translate into more VOY sales figures on DST's charts. smile.gif

#146 New Frontier

New Frontier

I know FHC by name.

• Suspended
  • 585 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek: The Original Series <br />Graphic Design <br />Star Trek 2009 <br />Model Making <br /><br />

Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:21 PM

QUOTE (FHC @ Apr 8 2009, 04:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's what a business does. In my business, we had an area that wanted service and while it was a small group that asked for it, we assumed that it was a much larger group, but we had just not heard from all of them. We expanded and after a year, we had lost money every single month, so we stopped the service. The first priority of a business is to make a profit. No if someone wanted to front the money, bravely, then I would say that DST would go right ahead and make them.

Well it goes without saying that a company HAS to make money and will only make things that they think will make them money, I understand all of that BUT it just seems as though with Art Asylum they wanted to make the best figures, the most interesting figures. Their collapse was to do with them not being able to sustain such big losses they had incurred with Enterprise - had that series not failed - and Art Asylum were still going stronger than ever - i could imagine we'd be seeing a lot more figures from ALL of the series and films, each with their own unique bodies, sculpted to perfection and painted with the up-most care and attention.

We are just a mere 500 plus people on a message board but by and large the fan-base as a whole rejected/wasn't willing to accept DS9 because it wasn't "Star Trek" enough, Voyager received less than average ratings, Insurrection was poorly received, Enterprise failed, Nemesis sunk and Star Trek died after it became pretty apparent that the Star Trek message had become more diluted, it's fan-base depleted to a size not big enough to bank-roll another episode of Enterprise let a lone another series or film, Art Asylum was finished and DST have done an admiral job at keeping their line running but IMO if this new movie is a success, people won't want to know about Voyager or Deep Space Nine or Enterprise - they will look to TOS and TNG. Those shows ARE the most iconic of all the Star Trek shows, TNG was the most popular Star Trek series ever and well, we all know how popular TOS has become. It's clear to me, after seeing clips, trailers and reading spoilers and reviews for the new movie that series like Deep Space Nine, Voyager and Enterprise will not garner anymore interest than they have now. People will more likely than not become interested in the Original Star Trek and perhaps The Next Generation but just like the other spin-off shows after TNG were criticized in being, the same will be said now of those same shows - i mean, there is a reason in JJ Abrams re-inventing Star Trek and there is a blatant reason why DST are re-using bodies for DS9 and still not making as much money as they had expected, and not wanting to produce Voyager figures or even acknowledge Enterprise existed.

They are not willing to spend the money to make this line a success because to be honest, it would be an unacceptable risk for a company that needs to make money, to take. We are talking about not just a franchise that had died because of shows like Voyager and Enterprise - we are talking about shows that are over 10 years old and really in the shadow of two huge phenomenon's in TOS and TNG, not even TNG sold as well as had been hoped and not even a fan-base in any real numbers - however much they loved Voyager or Enterprise would want to buy an action figure, let alone the entire crew (unless it was a stand alone character with the breasts that male geeks love).

#147 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:45 PM

To sum that up, in answer to the topic title, he says no. smile.gif

#148 AdmiralJaneway

AdmiralJaneway

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 03:36 PM

I really dont get why everyone seems to hate Voyager so much, its was my fav of all 5 shows. there were some really good charactors in the show Janeway for one, she had bigger balls than any of her male counterparts. They also had some really great storys such as year of hell, futures end, basics, and plenty more to boot.
in fact the only lame charactor on the show was Chakotay, he was like a little lap dog.
i really hope they do release a Voyager line its only right they do all 5 crews
(gets off my soap box and thanks everyone for listening)

#149 JonWes

JonWes

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 03:56 PM

I'd agree about Voyager. I liked it. I mean there were some terrible episodes, but there were terrible episodes in every season. I think one of the big things with Voyager is it could be crushingly mediocre in the face of a lot of potential and that's part of why people react so negatively to it. I really loved Kate Mulgrew as Janeway. I agree about Chakotay. He could have been so much better if they hadn't smoothed over all the tension so soon. Other then that... I'd say Garrett Wang was a weak point acting-wise but I thought the rest were great. They were just stuck in episodes that felt too much like TNG at times. I do think though towards the end Voyager found it's niche in the Star Trek universe as a sort of action-adventure show. I think it did that well. I really hope we get a Voyager from DST. I sold my Playmates one a while ago (and don't really regret it) but would love to have some version of the ship. As for the rest... I hope we get Captain Janeway in chair and maybe an Admiral Janeway variant. The rest will be icing on the cake for me.

#150 Quadrotritacale

Quadrotritacale

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 06:13 PM

Mods, I apologize if this is too off-topic, but I couldn't resist after the last two posts. I will step up for the other side of the argument, as someone who can't stand Voyager. My problem with it is that I find all of the characters boring. Unlike Star Trek, Star Trek: The Next Generation, and Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, I don't feel that it has a very diverse cast of characters psychologically and physically. On those shows, there's such a variety of species and neuroses on the crews, which are really well-defined and easily lend themselves to seemingly endless personality exploration in stories. For example, the half Vulcan/half human struggling with those two sides of himself, the android struggling to understand humanity, the Klingon trying to adjust to living with humans, the Ferengi and Bajoran having to deal with living in Starfleet society, the Trill trying to reconcile the memories and personalities of her many past hosts all at once, and the list goes on.

In Voyager, what do you have? A bunch of humans, a Vulcan, a Klingon woman, and a Borg woman, none of them particularly interesting or deep as characters. And I've only seen about 6 episodes of Voyager and I've never enjoyed a single one of them from start to finish. I especially loathed "Year of Hell" (previously identified as one of the standout episodes) which I found soul-crushingly boring, pointless, and convoluted. I enjoyed parts of the Q episodes, but I give credit for that mostly to the actor who played Q who seems to have enough charisma to make sure no episode featuring him is a total waste of time. The only character I like is Tuvok, and that's only because I think it's cute how he sounds exactly like Spock. He's just like a younger, different skin-coloured version of Spock, but I don't find him to be a really unique or intriguing character. It's like Ewan McGregor playing Obi Wan in the Star Wars prequels. It's cute to see him mimicing another actor's accent so faithfully, but that doesn't make him a great character.

So to (sort of) steer this back on topic, I imagine a lot of people don't like Voyager for the same reasons I don't, and that's why DST has in my opinion rightfully declined to focus their efforts on it. I do feel sorry for you Voyager fans being left empty-handed, but I can totally understand DST's perspective. Just for the sake of you poor, neglected fans, I hope they at least make a Janeway figure. If nothing else, Voyager can at least boast having the most attractive captain, and she'd make a fine DST action figure. smile.gif

#151 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 06:15 PM

QUOTE (JonWes @ Apr 9 2009, 01:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They were just stuck in episodes that felt too much like TNG at times.

Bingo. That pretty much sums it up for me, but VOY was the first of all the Star Treks that I watched religiously from Beginning to end when it originally aired.

#152 spider1981

spider1981

Action figure anonymous member

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 06:42 PM

QUOTE (Quadrotritacale @ Apr 9 2009, 07:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And I've only seen about 6 episodes of Voyager and I've never enjoyed a single one of them from start to finish.

Its too bad you hate a series after only watching six episodes. Seems silly to form such a solid opinion based on one quarter of one season.
I for instance watched all of TOS before I decided I disliked it. smile.gif

#153 Hirogen

Hirogen

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 07:02 PM

There are a variety of things that could help the older series. I just read that the new Trek movie has had screenings lately and all have been great Maybe with the success of the new movie (I realize it hasn't happened yet) we may see an interest from fans of the movie wanting to visit the different older Trek series. We might see some best of collections on Blue Ray which may seem silly to us but the casual viewer may be interested in it and purchase it.

#154 Quadrotritacale

Quadrotritacale

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 04:09 AM

QUOTE (Hirogen @ Apr 9 2009, 08:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We might see some best of collections on Blue Ray which may seem silly to us but the casual viewer may be interested in it and purchase it.

There are already standard definition and Blu Ray editions of "The Best of Star Trek" and "The Best of Star Trek: The Next Generation" scheduled for release in the weeks leading up to the new movie. I think these were made possibly in large part for the purpose of enticing casual fans curious about Star Trek in the wake of the new movie's impending release. I doubt similar collections will be made for Deep Space Nine, Voyager, and Enterprise, though.

#155 Thomas E. Johnson

Thomas E. Johnson

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 495 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 04:14 AM

I love all Star Trek and I want a full Voyager crew from DST dam it!!!!! spock2.gif

#156 Hirogen

Hirogen

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 05:45 AM

QUOTE (Quadrotritacale @ Apr 10 2009, 03:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There are already standard definition and Blu Ray editions of "The Best of Star Trek" and "The Best of Star Trek: The Next Generation" scheduled for release in the weeks leading up to the new movie. I think these were made possibly in large part for the purpose of enticing casual fans curious about Star Trek in the wake of the new movie's impending release. I doubt similar collections will be made for Deep Space Nine, Voyager, and Enterprise, though.

That's fine but I would like to see some collections like the mirror universe episodes or borg episodes or greatest battles from ALL the series collected like they did a few years ago.

#157 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 10 April 2009 - 10:33 AM

we need to take this line of thought to a different thread if you want this thread to remain open. In Random thoughts I can clearly remember at least one area where a discussion was held about favorite seasons/episodes/etc.

#158 Hirogen

Hirogen

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 10:39 AM

I think the new movie is going to do well. People who enjoyed it are going to look back at past Treks and there could be a renewed interest in the franchise. Trek going to get bigger, not as big as Star Wars but big and we could see some Voyager and more DS9 figures down the read. Hopefully not too far down the road smile.gif

#159 Barney

Barney

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 11:50 AM

QUOTE (Hirogen @ Apr 10 2009, 10:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the new movie is going to do well. People who enjoyed it are going to look back at past Treks and there could be a renewed interest in the franchise. Trek going to get bigger, not as big as Star Wars but big and we could see some Voyager and more DS9 figures down the read. Hopefully not too far down the road smile.gif

I hope so, but after the cancelation of Sisko/Dukat two-pack I really doubt we will any DS9 or Voy in the near future

#160 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 01:59 AM

At This point I am just going with the flow, and get excited about things as they get released...that way I am not dissappointed as much

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users