Harry Potter: The Exhibition

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 06 July 2009 - 07:18 AM

I went to go see this yesterday and it was pretty cool. If you only wanted to see this and not the museum as well it was $18 which I thought was pretty reasonable. I also went the extra $5 for the audio tour. It was both big and small at the same time. If you didnt take your time and just walked right through it, it would only take about 10 minutes at a slow pace to get through. The audio tour really added another dimension and actually forced you to look at things. The setup was amazing and they spent a ton of money building "set pieces" just for this tour. They basically had it set up by character and gave each characters props mini dioramas to match their personality or setting in the film. For example, the actually built a small scale Hagrids hut and then put all of his props inside. I was really blown away by the attention to detail on all the props. Things like multiple choice tests that have real questions written oout and Ministry posters that actually have fine print that makes sense just blew me away. Even on Blu-ray movies there would be absolutely no way anyone would ever even see these details but yet the set masters decided to add that detail. I was getting a real kick out of reading some of these things. Not to spoil anything but in Lockhart's section, one of his tests were all questions about him (which I think they showed onscreen) but reading through 3 pages of questions started to crack me up. My one complaint was that photography was not allowed which seems to be the trend today but its really a shame that I couldnt capture some of the cool stuff and save it. I really would have liked to take a picture in front of the Riddle tombstone or with the Dementor in the background but they had workers constantly walking around. Overall it was a great experience and if any Harry Potter fans get the chance to see it I would really do so! I took about an hour to walk through and probably could have spent another 15 minutes or so max in there.

#2 The_Donster

The_Donster

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 06 July 2009 - 09:11 AM

Ah my wife is going to be so jealous of you laugh.gif She's waiting for that amusement park to open up in FL, that's supposed to be like the world of HP. Question, is this a traveling display, like the Trek one or just in Chicago?

#3 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 06 July 2009 - 11:33 AM

I think its a traveling one more like the Star Wars prop exhibit. Im not too clear with the Trek one but I think that one stays in place for much longer. I know this is the 1st stop of the HP tour and I think it only stays until the late fall and then moves on. Thats just my impression and I could be wrong. I do know they set up the display inside an elaborate tent thats outside the main building so Im guessing it would be gone before the brutal Chicago winter hits.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users