#1 hemble

hemble

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • Interests:military models, Star Trek, custom figures

Posted 13 April 2007 - 11:55 PM

Hi All

I'm starting on my AA bridge for my photo-novel and I was going to make all the instrument panels with raised buttons etc but it's going to take way longer then I expected. So I was wondering if anyone knows of or have decals/prints of the instrument panels that they would'nt mind sharing and thanks for the help.

Ron

#2 Tom Hudspeth

Tom Hudspeth

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 12:44 AM

I am told that if you want detailed bridge shots, you can get this software:
Star Trek: Captain's Chair: The Virtual Tour of Five Starship Bridges
http://www.macgamer....tainschair.html

You can take screeen shots and use MSPaint to resize them to any size.

#3 Tiberius

Tiberius

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 12:55 AM

I have that program, it is actually really good. I could get some pics for you, mostly the monitors as the consoles will be off kilter. I think that the capn has these as he and someone were passing them around for their bridge projects.
No on has said it yet, but great plan can you show us a preview?

#4 hemble

hemble

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 02:57 AM

Hi Guys

Tom Hudspeth - thanks for the help and links I'll have to take a look and see if I can get the Captain's Chair from my local PC shop.

Tiberius - Thanks for the reply, and if you could get me some monitor pics and send them to hemble@zip.com.au I would really appreciate it.

I head back to base on Sunday and then I'm back on leave for a few days to move the wife and daughter to my posting as of the 20th April I'll post pics then.

Where I'm At

At the moment I've finished the captains chair which I've modified by adding a head rest and I've added some extra consoles to the chair and I've also added real leather to the head rest and seat section.

The Bridge will be almost the same as the original bridge but I'll be adding two turbo lifts and I'm thinking about making the helm/navigation as a one person operation instead of the normal two people.

I'll be doing the science and communication station this week coming and if I'm lucky I'll have the 2 stations built but no detailing and I'll add figures for size.

Ron

#5 Sybeck1

Sybeck1

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 03:47 PM

Have you considered the "Captain Chair " CD? It has bridege layouts and close ups of the TOS E, D, E, Voy and Defiant. The only bridges missing are the TOS movie bridges.

This is from the TOS engineering station:

http://img.photobuck...beck1/capn2.jpg

#6 Sybeck1

Sybeck1

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 03:48 PM

^^Duh, sorry didn't read the suggestions above lol.

#7 Tiberius

Tiberius

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 08:02 AM

actually, Sybeck, did you and Capn not do all the others as well. That is Exactly what I was refering to, Ron. If you did the upper monitors and have access to the console buttons, then he has everything he needs.

#8 thecapn

thecapn

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 09:23 AM

QUOTE(Tiberius @ Apr 16 2007, 10:02 AM) View Post
actually, Sybeck, did you and Capn not do all the others as well. That is Exactly what I was refering to, Ron. If you did the upper monitors and have access to the console buttons, then he has everything he needs.

Well, I USED to have the Captain's Chair, but it since got corrupted (it was a file on my PC, never had the CD). I think Sybeck sent me the last few pics from it.

And yes, that's really all you need. Once you have that program, you're good as gold as far as pics go.

#9 hemble

hemble

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 06:10 AM

Hi All

I have mate in my unit that has the Capt's Chair CD so he's going to lend it to me so I can download the pics and thanks again for the help it was very much appreciated.

I also finished the chair for my bridge I'm going for a darker grey for my bridge as I want it to be more of a military feel to it, The Capt is Kirks body and Pikes head I've just got to redo his hair and add a goatee so let me know what you all think.

Ron

#10 WORF22

WORF22

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 10:35 PM

that looks dam good man. i like it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users