Las Vegas Convention

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 17 June 2007 - 08:16 AM

Just realized that I am going to be in Vegas at the same time. Im a bit confused from the website as to what happens and what package I should get. Has anybody gone before to clear some stuff up? It looks exciting!

#2 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 10:36 AM

I've never been, but I'm going to try and go just for a day this year.

I guess it comes down to what you want to accomplish... If you want to meet and get as many signatures as possible then go for the big package you'll save money because so many are included.

If you you only want to meet a couple stars and get a few signed autographs, then go the cheap route and get a few select days.

Actually... I see all the gold packages are long since sold out...

#3 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 08:07 PM

Is any one else going ayt all?

I got a 1 day ticket for Sat as I really would like a Nana Vistor Autograph.

Should be fun... if any one else is going to be around we might be able to hook up for a flagon of Blood Ale at Quarks bar!

#4 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 08:12 PM

I have a bottle of Romulan Ale from Star Trek:The Experience waiting to be opened one day when the right Galactic crisis comes up; Klingons usually fall for it every time.

#5 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 07:03 AM

roflmao.gif

#6 thecapn

thecapn

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 09:11 AM

OK, I know this is kinda OT, but has anyone ever drank Romulan Ale? It's gotta be the worst, watered down, light (WHY DID THEY HAVE TO MAKE IT LIGHT???) Beer I've ever had.

#7 A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees

A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 09:45 AM

QUOTE(thecapn @ Aug 3 2007, 11:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's gotta be the worst, watered down, light (WHY DID THEY HAVE TO MAKE IT LIGHT???) Beer I've ever had.

It's all in the name of authenticity. You did buy it at QUARK'S, didn't you?! smile.gif

#8 thecapn

thecapn

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 03:42 PM

I bought it at one of those stores, a 6 pack....but, I suppose that dang Ferengi has his ears in everything smile.gif

#9 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 08:07 AM

Well... to any one that thinks skirts in Star Trek looked silly, I have to dissagree!

There were lots of pretty ladies wereing skirts at the con!

I took a few picts of some of the better costums!

#10 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 08:14 AM

That does not look silly at all! Here is a girl I know at the last Star Base Indy.

I have a friend out there. Did you see the costume contest? He would have been dressed as Mirror Mirror Archer.

#11 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 08:44 AM

Alas no!

I could only go down for the day.

I took the first flight from Reno down to vegas (it's only an hour) and got there right as the Con opened for the day.

The last flight left a 7:45 and the costum contest started at 6:30, so I had to get going just before that to make my flight back home, so I just missed it.

The con was fun! The speakers were a real mixed diversity and were all very good, one thing is for sure, they need to give the stars more stage time as they were pretty much kicking all of them off.

I may have to try and go for the whole thing sometime.

#12 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 13 August 2007 - 11:12 AM

I just got back from Vegas after my 10 day trip. I went to the convention on Thursday and and heard Geordi, B|arclay and Crusher speak. I have never been to a convention and overall I was pretty disappointed. Barclay was by far the most entertaining speaker. The other two went on about previous projects and their families. I dont know what else there is to talk about but to me 45 minutes of that gets a little long. It also seemed like most of the regulars who consisitently go to the convention have heard all the good stories being told by the actors and in turn the actors try to find new stuff to talk about. I was also disappointed by the delaer section. Not much star trek merchandise is out there any more. I guess if you dont like paying through the nose for autographs or listening to the personal lives ofthe actors...this isnt the place to be! The best part was the charcature I got done of myself in a starfleet uniform. I will post a pic later on...

#13 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 03:44 PM

Hmmmm, Sorry to hear you were disappointed thehsbr.

I can't say that I was. But like I said, I went on a day that had a number of people I wanted to see & hear.

On sat there were quite a few.

Nana Vistor
Rene Auberjonois
Cirroc Lofton
Avery Brooks
Casey Biggs
Jonathan Frakes
Brent Spiner
Marc Alaimo
Penny Johnson
Kate Mullgrew

All were on stage and spoke, and the style varied, but most were quite entertaining to me. Some talked about their lives, so joked around, and some doled out advice when asked.

I was also pleasantly surprised that

Chase Masterson &
Suzie Plakson

Were signing autographs on Sat.

You are correct that some of the autographs were a bit expensive, but I got Chase & Suzie to sign a photo for about $30 ea (total inc the photo)

A really good deal is $20 on any celeb, so I didn't think those were too bad. I shied away from the more expensive ones in general ( I did get a Nana Autograph) but honestly I liked chatting with people like Suzie as she wasn't under any constraints and was very nice!

But I would think Sat was the big day, so maybe it was a better day then the one you went on.

#14 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 07:04 PM

QUOTE(Gothneo @ Aug 12 2007, 08:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well... to any one that thinks skirts in Star Trek looked silly, I have to dissagree!

There were lots of pretty ladies wereing skirts at the con!

I took a few picts of some of the better costums!

You would never guess who my friend Gary hung out with all weekend! One of his Myspace Friends

#15 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 08:51 AM

Ha! that's funny!

Now that you posted a pict of him, I do recall seeing him!

I thought he costum was nicely done.

There was a guy that had a really great borg costum too... I should post a pict of that!

#16 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 11:34 AM

Well... I'm heading out to Vegas for the Con 2-morrow morning... so I thought I'd revive this... is anyone else from the board planning to go?

We could hook up just to say hi if you are!

Cheers!

#17 The_Donster

The_Donster

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 05 August 2008 - 11:49 AM

Have a great time Goth and take alot of pictures if you can wink.gif I look forward to hearing some stories when you get back.

#18 A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees

A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 04:20 PM

QUOTE(Gothneo @ Aug 5 2008, 01:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well... I'm heading out to Vegas for the Con 2-morrow morning... so I thought I'd revive this... is anyone else from the board planning to go?

We could hook up just to say hi if you are!

Cheers!

<waves> Bye-bye boys! Have fun stormin' the castle!

Think it'll work?

Not a chance...

G'BYE!!!!

#19 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 07:22 PM

Bring me back a T Shirt!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users