Photo

New Animated Trek

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 11:52 AM

I saw this posted over at another trek related board (Thanks Ady) and thought I would share it here. You can click on the link in the article for concept art.

The idea sounds pretty cool to me and I love the look of the concept art. I hope it makes it to production.

#2 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 15 December 2006 - 09:51 PM

I had read a snippet about this somewhere else too. It seems like a great idea ... a new animated Trek. I am not too keen on a new Romulan/Federation war idea. I was hoping that after the events of Nemesis, the Romulans would be looking to the Federation as an ally.

I wouldn't mind seeing a series from the perspective of one of the other races. Perhaps a Romulan series itself would be interesting to watch play out.

I am optimistic despite my lack of enthusiasm about the war storyline. I think this is great news for the franchise!

#3 Cpt. Phil T. Berns

Cpt. Phil T. Berns

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 432 posts
  • Interests:Props, uniforms, 9" clothed figures

Posted 16 December 2006 - 06:37 AM

Although I'm not in favor of taking Trek even further into the future than TNG ( to me the "now" in Star Trek is about 15 years after the launch of the NCC-1701-B ), I like the idea of this 24th century utopia to have been temporary. Stories are only as interesting as the conflicts within them. I also like the uniforms. They're a blend of all Trek uniforms we have seen in the past.

#4 Totalus_Kat

Totalus_Kat

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 16 December 2006 - 10:29 AM

My thought on the Animated front was to go further than just sticking with one Era, why not go out a little more and do the full range of Trek, for instance:

Doing three episode arc of a scene from Enterprise era and the Romulan wars, not specifically involving the Enterprise Crew.

Moving forwards and do a continuation of TOS animated Trek in say a two part episode, and so on and so on. But not involving main cast from the TV series doing something that little bit different, or going out and doing it with the main cast members, but why just stop with what we know? Why go out that little more and use books for reference, I would not mind seeing an adventure of Mackenzie Calhoun (Written by Peter David) or an adventure with the Titan crew.

So instead of setting it over one time frame, why not use the whole of Trek? If done properly it could bring back a little life into Star Trek and give the fans a chance to see the Tv shows they grew up with, one last time smile.gif

cheers
Tk

#5 JulesLuvsShinzon

JulesLuvsShinzon

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,101 posts
  • Interests:Collecting Art Asylum 7" Star trek action figures.

Star trek & writing fan fiction.

Posted 16 December 2006 - 10:45 AM

QUOTE(Totalus_Kat @ Dec 16 2006, 04:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why go out that little more and use books for reference, I would not mind seeing an adventure of Mackenzie Calhoun (Written by Peter David) ...

Well it would be interesting to see what the animators do with Burgoyne!!

I quite like the scenario presented in the news clipping. The possible Vulcan/Romulan axis interests me, but I'm not so keen on the shortness of the episodes ~ I mean, what can you do in a few minutes?

#6 Cpt. Phil T. Berns

Cpt. Phil T. Berns

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 432 posts
  • Interests:Props, uniforms, 9&quot; clothed figures

Posted 16 December 2006 - 10:59 AM

QUOTE(JulesLuvsShinzon @ Dec 16 2006, 05:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not so keen on the shortness of the episodes ~ I mean, what can you do in a few minutes?

I must be getting old. Time for me and Jules to divorce (if we were married). Because she and I agree on something! Indeed, the shortness of the episodes is what made the first season of Clone Wars unwatchable when you watch them one episode after another. Every 5 minutes they start repeating the previous minute. That's why season 2 of Clone Wars was that much better. The eps were about 20 minutes long.

#7 Totalus_Kat

Totalus_Kat

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 16 December 2006 - 01:50 PM

I've died and gone to Trekdom, Jules and Bernsie have actually agreed on something.

*Faints*

#8 JulesLuvsShinzon

JulesLuvsShinzon

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,101 posts
  • Interests:Collecting Art Asylum 7&quot; Star trek action figures.

Star trek &amp; writing fan fiction.

Posted 17 December 2006 - 05:12 AM

^^^LOL! I'll try to avoid doing it in the future! tongue.gif tongue.gif

We mustn't encourage Berns must we? wink.gif

And did I say that I thought the sample pic of the new Captain looks worryingly like a cross between Max headroom and Buzz Lightyear? huh.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users