• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Prometheus

Prometheus

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 14 January 2022 - 01:09 AM

Greetings fellow Trekkers.... I have been building the 1/980 Eaglemoss/ Hero Collector Enterprise D Partswork since January of last year.

It has been both amazing and also difficult at times. The model itself incorporates both Diecast parts and plastic. It is a rather cool build up but very complicated as it does include a complete lighting system.

This is not cheap, nor for the faint of heart. The entire run of monthly shipped parts takes 2 and a half years to reach completion. I am one year in.

The top of my Saucer is nearing completion, I'm half way done with the port Nacelle and the neck is done.

I'm including some images to show what I have completed. As I've said, this isnt for everyone and it isnt cheap. Oh.... The completed ship will measure almost 28" long.

Enjoy!

https://i.imgur.com/jEoJ0zb.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/Ump2m4n.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/aUBsid1.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/4eyaXYy.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/5yXv6EC.jpeg

#2 2thGuy

2thGuy

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 14 January 2022 - 09:08 AM

MMMMMmmmmmmm,,,,,,,This is making me salivate!  Can you post a picture of the saucer section with a ruler, so that I can judge relative size?  What is the cost of the kit?   And I'm assuming Eaglemoss is sending you "a part of the month"?  If there's a 1701 or 1701 A I'll be all over it!  Thanks for posting!

#3 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 14 January 2022 - 04:26 PM

Sure! When I get home I will post a picture. You get 4 packs every month and 1 magazine that gives you directions for all 4 packs. The total number of packs is 120 for the full build.... So you are looking at 30 months to completion.

The price is the scary part... When all is said and done you are looking at over 1500.00. It's a huge model though and half of it is metal.

#4 Morgan

Morgan

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 14 January 2022 - 07:35 PM

Dang that's cool. I hope it's designed to be sturdy as a single piece. Nice to see such detailed lighting in the windows in the drive section.

#5 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 21 January 2022 - 12:30 PM

I've been building her too, looks like you got Mike Lane's escape pod decals? Are you doing any light blocking on the windows and escape pods? 

IXp4Y04.jpg

#6 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 24 January 2022 - 07:20 PM

Hey Alteran!I have been using thin electricians tape for light blocking. I'm putting it inbetween the panel connections on the light reflectors. So far, so good. Personally I am enjoying this build even though a lot of people are complaining.

Yours looks great!! You are further along than me.

#7 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 24 January 2022 - 07:23 PM

PS.... I did use Mike's decals.... I just couldn't bring myself to use the dry transfers... Way too expensive. I hope Mike does a dry transfer for the Registry.... Word is that EM/HC is planning on sending us a water slide decal. I dont think that's a smart move.

#8 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 24 January 2022 - 09:01 PM

I occasionally check in on this chap's progress on the same build. He has some potentially helpful tips regarding light bleed and decals:

#9 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 26 January 2022 - 10:30 AM

PS.... I did use Mike's decals.... I just couldn't bring myself to use the dry transfers... Way too expensive. I hope Mike does a dry transfer for the Registry.... Word is that EM/HC is planning on sending us a water slide decal. I dont think that's a smart move.

Waterslide would be terrible, Id definitely go with something from Mike Lane if they go that route.

Im also light blocking, started with liquid electrical tape, but have started using some thin black tape for the windows and gluing down the escape pods seems to fix it for the most part there.

Havent done anything with the panels, Im hoping Eaglemoss saying it tightens up as it gets finished proves to be true.

#10 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 26 January 2022 - 10:31 AM

I occasionally check in on this chap's progress on the same build. He has some potentially helpful tips regarding light bleed and decals:

Ive been following his channel for a while, watching a couple different builds. Definitely helpful.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Eaglemoss, Star Trek, Partwork, Hero Collector, Model, Diecast, Captain Picard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users