Maybe new voice lines?

Anything else new?

Discuss!

#2 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 21 July 2010 - 02:11 PM

Hmmm. As long as they light the nacelles is all I'm wanting .

#3 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 02:19 PM

The pic looks like it may have more aztecing on the main hull. Interesting. Maybe if enough places preorder it we can get one to find out. LOL!!!

#4 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 21 July 2010 - 02:25 PM

Or we can just ask Chuck lol

#5 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 02:34 PM

Just submitted my question to the Q&A, now we wait. lol

#6 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 02:38 PM

DST is probably just replenishing stock, so preorders probably aren't a necessity to see this made. They said they would do this regularly on the ships and Tek since there seems to be steady demand for them. They might have tweaked the paint, since that is relatively cheap and easy to do. I doubt they would add new electronics, since the cost of that would be much more than some new paint masks.

#7 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • Interests:"Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?"

Posted 21 July 2010 - 07:58 PM

And when this doesn't sale they're going to scrap the fleet. The Enterprise-E needs a refit withe LEDs!

#8 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 21 July 2010 - 08:20 PM

ive never broken open the E so I have no idea how its set up but would it really be that hard to replace the electronics? I would imagine no new moulding would be needed for the refit and they probably have to restock the electronics anyway for this new run so why not switch out the stuff?

#9 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 08:31 PM

QUOTE (TheHSBR @ Jul 21 2010, 09:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ive never broken open the E so I have no idea how its set up but would it really be that hard to replace the electronics? I would imagine no new moulding would be needed for the refit and they probably have to restock the electronics anyway for this new run so why not switch out the stuff?

If I'm not mistaken a member here did so last year and had pretty good success with it. Promethus if I'm not mistaken . He said something about going to radio sahck and buying 2 blue LEDs of a certain voltage, and some extra wire and there are two little panels on the bottom of both nacelles which cover the screws, which need to be carefully pried off.

#10 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 09:03 PM

There would be new development costs involved, which DST is usually not keen on doing. The Enterprise-E has sold well and the lack of nacelle lighting is not a defect. I would imagine the majority of people who have bought the ship either don't care or never noticed the lack of nacelle lighting considering the tens of thousands that have probably sold since its release.

#11 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 21 July 2010 - 10:02 PM

I think the devlopment costs to change electrical wriring is far less than that to change a mould. They could probably just use the layout already used with the Ent-D it is after just lights and wires that need to be placed inside the ship compartment. In addition, it might even be more expensive to get standard lighting considering LEDs are smaller and I would think more readily available. Every cheap toy I see nowadays have LEDS and not standard lights. As for the nacelle lights I dont complain because its the only option available to me. Would I prefer to have nacelle lights...absolutely. Would I buy another ship that has LED and nacelle lights...absolutely. I think there are quite a few people already who are going to buy this again for the new paint scheme and possibly new packaging so why not sweeten the deal and add a few new bells and whistles. In my mind its got to be cheaper than all the add ons they did for the AGT Ent or any other variant ship theyve done in the past.

#12 Samwise Gamgee

Samwise Gamgee

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 10:47 PM

And here it is at SDCC:
http://i.toynewsi.co...e...00&start=60
And the card: http://i.toynewsi.co...e...00&start=60

#13 Guest_1701_*

Guest_1701_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:16 AM

looks like the first contact version of the ship - if so and if it keeps that level of detail i'll definitely buy it!!!

#14 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 11:03 AM

I do like the paint app. Looks nice.

#15 LT CMDR DATA

LT CMDR DATA

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 11:06 AM

WOW not bad, more aztec detail. MUST HAVE THIS ENTERPRISE!!!

#16 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 12:06 PM

it also looks more white to me as opposed to the yellowish finish the first one had. Its definately on my list to get.

#17 LT CMDR DATA

LT CMDR DATA

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 02:44 PM

here are two more from CTR and figures.com:
http://cooltoyreview...oys/image53.asp
http://gallery.figur...p...rek&cat=590
from the larger pic it looks like it has aztec on the whole body.

#18 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 04:19 PM

QUOTE (TheHSBR @ Jul 21 2010, 11:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the devlopment costs to change electrical wriring is far less than that to change a mould. They could probably just use the layout already used with the Ent-D it is after just lights and wires that need to be placed inside the ship compartment. In addition, it might even be more expensive to get standard lighting considering LEDs are smaller and I would think more readily available. Every cheap toy I see nowadays have LEDS and not standard lights. As for the nacelle lights I dont complain because its the only option available to me. Would I prefer to have nacelle lights...absolutely. Would I buy another ship that has LED and nacelle lights...absolutely. I think there are quite a few people already who are going to buy this again for the new paint scheme and possibly new packaging so why not sweeten the deal and add a few new bells and whistles. In my mind its got to be cheaper than all the add ons they did for the AGT Ent or any other variant ship theyve done in the past.

It's just not something DST is usually apt to do. Would it be nice? Yes. Would I personally like it if they did? Yes, absolutely. It just doesn't fit with DST's track record and, while it would be a nice and pleasant surprise, it's best not to get one's hopes too high about something like that. That has happened over and over in the past, only to be met with disappointment. If DST should do something like that, it's best to leave it as a pleasant and unexpected surprise.

#19 Thomas E. Johnson

Thomas E. Johnson

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 495 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 08:44 PM

They show this off just after I went through the expense of have brand new custom decals for this ship designed specifically for it. rolleyes.gif

#20 CanOpener1256

CanOpener1256

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • Interests:anything Star Trek, especially ship models from Art Asylum and others.

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:44 PM

Looks good .. but lookie what I found: laugh.gif http://www.bigbadtoy...amp;mode=retail

Click on that link (its safe) and see another starship I am drooling for. I could not find this by searching bigbad's site, but Google found it!!!

Also, nothing on Diamond's site about the new "E". I told them if they want to sell they need to announce these items on their main site and tell us where we can buy them. We shouldn't have to hunt and peck for these things.

Also, new bird of prey looks cool although a wee bit smaller than I expected.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users