Just a thought....

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 01 August 2007 - 09:52 PM

I just recently vistited the AA site and wow....what a mess. Even though we have our disagreements here we always stay civil and at least try to look at the opposing sides opinions. I hate when people start typing in caps and I think thats the first sign of a doomed board. I would just like to thank everyone here for making this a place where I come everyday and spend a few hours looking, reading, and responding! I know that there have been a lot of changes lately but I feel they we as a community are as strong as ever and hope that we can get even better in the future. Thanks for making my days a bit easier and a little bit more fun!! biggrin.gif spock2.gif djparty.gif laugh.gif cool.gif

#2 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 07:11 AM

YOUR WELCOME! tongue.gif

Maybe I don't read the right threads over on the AA board (and I don't go over there much) but it seems to me that people talk allot about how mean they are to each other, but I never find where they are really being mean?! I just can't really carry on posting about the same topic in to different forums, so that's why I stick here. That and the fun TOS colors just make it more "Homey" to me!

#3 Mason

Mason

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 423 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek, Collecting Action Figures, Collecting DVD's

Posted 04 August 2007 - 08:59 AM

I would just like to back up what thehsbr has said. He is absolutely correct. I've only recently logged back onto the AA boards and it is awful...a shadow of it's former self. A lot of arguing, name calling and in-fighting. I too would like to thank everyone for keeping this place great!! smile.gif

And thanks to the fun TOS colours too!! wink.gif

#4 JulesLuvsShinzon

JulesLuvsShinzon

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,101 posts
  • Interests:Collecting Art Asylum 7" Star trek action figures.

Star trek & writing fan fiction.

Posted 04 August 2007 - 10:02 AM

^^^Ditto! Although I would say that I think it's actually improved since the time I backed off last December. I have been back and posted a few things recently.

#5 ECH

ECH

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 11:30 AM

I pop back from time to time and have a quick read. I rarely post however. I don't usually find any arguing and such either but that might be becasue the posts/threads have been deleted!

#6 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 06:13 PM

There doesnt seem to be any kind of Moderation presence on the AA forums. Reminds me of a Kindergarten class without a teacher.

#7 TLAMGUY

TLAMGUY

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 131 posts
  • Interests:Blowing stuff up and collecting TOS Trek

Posted 05 August 2007 - 05:24 AM

It was acually an interesting place at one time, but there were those who felt they had to dominate every conversation and any dissenting opinion was an attack on them. I finally got tired of the whole play ground mentality and broke ranks. I've surfed there from time to time for info, but don't post.

#8 pickard

pickard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 02:44 PM

QUOTE(TLAMGUY @ Aug 5 2007, 07:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It was acually an interesting place at one time, but there were those who felt they had to dominate every conversation and any dissenting opinion was an attack on them.

Yes, some of those people are still around.

#9 JulesLuvsShinzon

JulesLuvsShinzon

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,101 posts
  • Interests:Collecting Art Asylum 7&quot; Star trek action figures.

Star trek &amp; writing fan fiction.

Posted 12 August 2007 - 07:35 AM

Strictly speaking guys, Trektoy, TFU, and AA, are veritable havens of peace, love, and goodwill compared to other message boards I lurked on ~ even when ST:E (remember him?) and I are duking out it out over on the Star Trek XI subforum. I checked out Moby's board today and just about every post is slamming another member and the language is eye-wateringly piquant. The very worst message board I have ever visited was actually run by the BBC for the Radio 4 show The Archers, you wouldn't believe how people could become so passionate and spiteful to each other over whether or not Ruth Archer committed adultery with Sam the herdsman. rolleyes.gif

Truly....be grateful!

#10 ECH

ECH

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 01:58 PM

^lol. You'd think Radio 4 listeners would be more courteous.

#11 JulesLuvsShinzon

JulesLuvsShinzon

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 07:08 AM

^^^That's what stunned me as well! wink.gif

#12 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 14 August 2007 - 09:39 AM

I go to He-man.org a lot and that forum isnt nasty but just messy with people having taglines that are as big as the screen and others constantly in caps. I think we should also all be thanked for having a great looking and orderly site!

#13 Wildcard

Wildcard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 11:17 AM

^that's for sure. I like SOME taglines, but the ones that take forever to load really get on my nerves. That and when the tagline is so big it takes up the majority of your post, that's just rediculous to me.

But anyway, I digress....*high fives everyone* Good board everyone.

#14 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 07:16 PM

You guys and girls are going to make me blush!

#15 The_Donster

The_Donster

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 14 August 2007 - 07:27 PM

Yeah, I can't remember if we have the option to turn off signatures on this forum, but I think it's a function every forum should have. I mean I love looking at banners and how creative folks are, but when it's the size of a house and boggs down the site I get a little frustrated with people's creativity.

#16 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 07:58 PM

Yes this one does but a lot of the older ones do not. I think that started with the 2.1 forums. I can't tell you about those free versions that are out there. To me Invison is worth paying for. So much more can be done with them!

#17 JulesLuvsShinzon

JulesLuvsShinzon

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 04:18 AM

^^^And we are incredibly grateful for your generosity! smile.gif

If a board has it, then wherever I go I use the "ignore signatures" facility. I hate to be dazzled by that stuff, and sometimes it's just about self-promotion! rolleyes.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users