• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Quark

Quark

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 12:18 PM

I'll have to get back to you on what exactly I'd want but wondered how much it would cost if I supply the figures for you. Sizes may vary depending on what they are wearing/how they look.

I might even want a figure in an episode specific outfit which we can talk over to see if it's even possible.

#2 Atlanthia

Atlanthia

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 171 posts
  • Interests:Model making, songwriting, DIY, general tinkering and not ever being able to just leave something the way it is!

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:54 AM

Anything is possible but it would be a costly process, I'll wager. One off figures take a lot of time and that is where the cost goes. If it takes two or three days to completely customise a figure's clothing and hair etcto a professional standard, would you be willing to pay someone two or three days worth of salary to reflect that? Plus the cost of the original figure, plus the shipping, plus the time spent researching the reference material. I hope this doesn't put a downer on your request but I feel it is only fair to point out what is potentially involved in the process. I think that's why figure customising is normally carried out by the person who wants the figure in the first place, as it is a labour of love. When people customise figures for commercial purposes, you tend to find that there is a danger of their finished pieces being cast in sections or as a whole so that the head or arms (for example) no longer move....just my thoughts, but I would be really interested to hear what others think on this interesting subject.

#3 Quark

Quark

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:16 PM

Couldn't agree with you more.  I've already spoken with one customizer.  I would need to know the cost, after speaking with them in detail about what is required of the figure(s), before deciding if this is something I would want.

#4 Daysleeper

Daysleeper

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 537 posts
  • Interests:Music, acting, theatre, film, arts in General

Check out my band: www.facebook.com/eastportslackers

Posted 17 January 2014 - 03:41 AM

I have to agree. Let me know what you have in mind, and I'll give you a quote. I do have a lot of spare figures, so I even might have the stuff I'd need available. But I'd have to know which figures you'd want first, in order to think about how much work (and time) it would involve.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users