8 replies to this topic

#1 Redshirt#7

Redshirt#7

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 398 posts
  • Interests:Avoiding landing parties, surviving till the titles roll

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:12 AM

Just a few questions about the TNG Sisko. I just got one sealed, and there’s a few discrepancy’s between the pictures I've seen of him.

Did the later versions have the Voyager legs (i.e. more articulated), and what body did they use? Most people say he is a head swap, however, but to me at least his body sculpt is unique. I thought they'd used Barclay's body, but it seems its a mish mash of the DS9 Sisko retooled. Any ideas?

#2 Jpatrik

Jpatrik

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 147 posts
  • Interests:Sci-Fi, Star Trek, Fitness, Writing, World Domination

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:58 AM

Often wondered that myself.  I don't own the figure myself, but he looks kinda unique...or some creative/unholy assemblage of other figures body parts (a la Picard in Duty Uniform)

#3 Gi Jeff

Gi Jeff

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Star Trek, indiana jones and DC superheroes.

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:35 PM

This sisko was retooled from the first issue sisko.
I had three back in the day.

#4 Redshirt#7

Redshirt#7

• Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:50 AM

Often wondered that myself.  I don't own the figure myself, but he looks kinda unique...or some creative/unholy assemblage of other figures body parts (a la Picard in Duty Uniform)

I thought so before, a Frankenstein Monster Mash up of anything and everything like your example of Picard. However, I think Gi Jeff has nailed it on head with my original suspicion that Sisko is a retooled version, the arms and legs are the particular give away, with the DS9 under shirt painted over in red on the arms and legs being identical to that of DS9 Sisko. I also found out in another topic that the one I saw with the Voyager legs is a fake, BadBunnyMike had photoshopped the image like Tapestry Picard to create a TNG Sisko. So, it would seem, Mystery solved.

#5 Redshirt#7

Redshirt#7

• Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 06:45 AM

Just for future reference, some pictures of TNG Sisko and a comparison with the DS9 S1-S2 Sisko.

14872921286_bc8914c909_z.jpg

14892868081_33e74d5fae_z.jpg

14709329278_d08e03aa0b_z.jpg

14709338298_1dec828af9_z.jpg

If anybody would like any more photos of him, just ask!

#6 Jpatrik

Jpatrik

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 147 posts
  • Interests:Sci-Fi, Star Trek, Fitness, Writing, World Domination

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:24 AM

Just managed to secure this figure myself - its a weird bird indeed.  Same arms and legs as Series 1 Sisko, yet looks like they created a new torso.

Unfortunately the one I got has loose legs!  Damn!

#7 Redshirt#7

Redshirt#7

• Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:52 AM

I'm sorry to hear you've got a drunk Sisko. Mine has a slightly dodgy right leg, but his left is extremely stiff, thus he stands unaided.

After having a good look, the body was a DS9 Sisko, have a look at the shoulders, the waist band and those strange indents on his back, just below the black half on the TNG uniform. Though the creasing has completely changed, no doubt because of the retooling for the chest and neck, it seems he started life as pretty much the DS9 Sisko on the right.

Still, I love him for the simple fact he represents Sisko from Wolf 359 and the pilot "Emissary", and the more realistic stance and look to him.

#8 Matty-lad

Matty-lad

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 03:14 PM

Hey all,

Living in the UK, this figure was difficult to get hold of. I remember having to get up in the middle of the night to jump onto eBay in order to win an auction from America. So worth it though. Great figure and goes well with the Dax, Bashir and O'Brien in TNG uniforms.

Take care,
Matty-lad

#9 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 07:32 PM

If I remember right that figure was a kitbash of whatever parts Playmates already had, they just kinda threw him together real quick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users