• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Kyle_C_Haight

Kyle_C_Haight

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:19 PM

I came across startrektoys.com and it says that it is closing down. The site looks a little...rustic, like an older style of web site. I'm just wondering if anyone knows if they still take orders on their Playmates figures or not.

If it is defunct, I'm curious as to where a good, non-eBay site might be to obtain some of the figures still in the package.

#2 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 06:33 AM

The guy that runs that site has been there for many years but has always had insane prices so i cant say that i am sorry to see him close down. He reminds me of a scalper and with his "up to 70% off" clearance sale claim he will probably still make money on the stuff, that is if anyone still looks at his site anymore.

#3 Quadrotritacale

Quadrotritacale

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 09:24 AM

I almost bought something from him once. It was a wave 1 Art Asylum McCoy and he was charging something like $30-50 for it. I paid him for it, but then I got impatient waiting for him to deliver it, so I bought it elsewhere and I think he gave me only a partial refund. I feel stupid now that he's selling everything on clearance for more normal prices.

The thing I love about the site is the '60s Star Trek sound effects that play when you click on certain areas. I got an e-mail about the clearance since the site knows me as a past customer, but by this point I probably have all the Star Trek figures I'll ever want. I would assume he still has everything advertised there in stock...he just may be a little slow delivering.

#4 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 05:03 PM

Actually, I think the prices are still high!

#5 scifiguy94

scifiguy94

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 02:38 PM

QUOTE (Gothneo @ Nov 4 2010, 06:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually, I think the prices are still high!

Yep, have to agree. I looked at site and first thought was "Has he updated to the clearance prices?!" Prices are still too, too high for most items.

#6 tjdill

tjdill

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 01:08 AM

I went ahead and ordered the AA NX-01 and an AA McCoy. Two things for my AA collection I don't have. The ship was $50 and McCoy was $10. Those were reasonable I thought. Really wanted to get the Phase Pistol and Communicator set for $50 as well, but fundage ain't unlimited.

Lots of prices are still way too high...

#7 tjdill

tjdill

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 09:49 AM

I'll vouch that the site is indeed active, and everything is in stock. I called the owner to check on shipping for my order. It goes out tomorrow, Priority Mail. Very nice guy as well.

#8 tjdill

tjdill

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 03:30 AM

Received my order from them on Saturday. Well packed, and fast shipping. One minor gripe: The affix a store sticker to the cardboard of each item. It doesn't come off easily, and not without taking packaging with it...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users