171 replies to this topic

#41 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 04:23 PM

Thanks!

I should note that I only found out about this today, and it's EXACTLY WHAT I'VE ALWAYS WANTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!EXCLAMATION MARK!

This and a K'tinga/D-7 would be my dream line-up for DST (despite my TNG-era leanings).

THANK YOU DST!

#42 Jay K

Jay K

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 22 February 2016 - 07:34 PM

A Kronos One with David Warner and Christopher Plummer shouting out of it is something no self-respecting trekkie could resist! That's the only duplicate I'd buy alien ship-wise as well - K1 and a regular version. :)

#43 Razorgeist

Razorgeist

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 04:30 AM

A Kronos One with David Warner and Christopher Plummer shouting out of it is something no self-respecting trekkie could resist! That's the only duplicate I'd buy alien ship-wise as well - K1 and a regular version. :)

Im inclined to say that the main K'Tinga DST does should have David Warner and Christopher Plumber voice clips.

#44 Prometheus

Prometheus

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 07:31 AM

Screw that I loved the raised aztec pattern on the A.  The less stamped on detail the better.  Oh and Zach something you might want to pass on to the factory tell them to go easy on the glue.  Ive had seepage on the Excelsior and and it ruins the printed on decals.

I understand your passion but the raised Aztek just looks silly... It's not the way it is in the films and IMHO gives the ship a very "toy-like" look.

#45 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 01:27 PM

I understand your passion but the raised Aztek just looks silly... It's not the way it is in the films and IMHO gives the ship a very "toy-like" look.

I dunno if it does look silly? As light hits the toy it really looks beautiful as you can see the different textures.

Regardless I DO NOT want that crappy translucent plastic they ruined the refit 1701 with.

#46 Alex

Alex

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 926 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 06:02 PM

I honestly want the raised Aztec just because I think it would look odd for the reliant to have it painted on and the TWOK 1701 to have it molded in if the two ships were together; I'd normally prefer it to be painted on in the case of something like the Enterprise–E or NX–01, but the Reliant looks like the kind of ship where having it raised could be a benefit rather than a deteriment. 1701D, you don't have to worry about the plastic; the TWOK 1701 was designed to look like the TWOK 1701, which had its own issues from having a weird "pearlescent" paint scheme, which necessitated the translucent plastic. The Reliant was designed specifically because the people at Paramount hated working with the TMP model since it was such a headache to film, and the idea of filming it twice, (originally the Reliant was supposed to be another Constitution–class ship,) was enough of an incentive to design a new ship that would be easier to film. Given that the first thing to go away on the Reliant was the "pearlescent" paint scheme, there should be no translucent plastic in use on this ship, and it should be more like the Enterprise–A than the TWOK 1701.

#47 Jay K

Jay K

• Members
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 06:52 PM

I honestly want the raised Aztec just because I think it would look odd for the reliant to have it painted on and the TWOK 1701 to have it molded in if the two ships were together; I'd normally prefer it to be painted on in the case of something like the Enterprise–E or NX–01, but the Reliant looks like the kind of ship where having it raised could be a benefit rather than a deteriment.

I disagree. Part of the reason I love the federation ships is the smoothness of the hulls, as it helps to give them that perception that they're futuristic, and not of present day. If DST could finally put that aspect into one of their toys, I'd be all for it. One of the main things I'd love to see from model and toy starships over the next decade, is for them to finally get rid of raised and/or etched-in panel lines. :)

Now if your opinion has more to do with whether DST could put painted-on details correctly (I mean nice and straight, not wonky), I could definitely understand that. However, lets come back to this topic when the Romulan Bird of Prey is out so we can see how straight the eagle has been placed on.

#48 DSTZach

DSTZach

I can stop I just don't want to.

• VIP
  • 696 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 09:01 PM

Also, its pointed out that the buzzard collectors on later Dominion War iterations for the Miranda were yellowish. 

pOaBrx.gif

#49 Dilithium1

Dilithium1

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 06:23 PM

Also, its pointed out that the buzzard collectors on later Dominion War iterations for the Miranda were yellowish. 

pOaBrx.gif

Bussard.  Got me.

#50 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 12:28 PM

Ziiing!

#51 Zodou

Zodou

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 12:27 PM

I'm hoping for the U.S.S. Saratoga from the DS9 pilot "Emissary".

#52 Razorgeist

Razorgeist

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 02:38 PM

That is one good thing about the Reliant.  Its got endless remolds and repaints.

#53 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 03:11 PM

Check out the new Ask DST and chuck seems confident they'll be variants of the Reliant aka the Saratoga

#54 Jay K

Jay K

• Members
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 04:25 PM

http://www.artasylum...-310-star-trek/

Also:

Jeff S.
Hi, I know you guys are famously cryptic about your new ship reveals. I am desperate for a Voyager and a DS9 Defiant. Please just tell me if I should just buy the Playmates ones already or is there a chance that my patience will be rewarded? A good chance??!! Dying here! LOL

DSTChuck: We honestly have not decided, as we still have two ships in the works that have not been released yet, but we have talked about the Defiant.

April Fools, right? lol

#55 Razorgeist

Razorgeist

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 04:43 PM

http://www.artasylum...-310-star-trek/

Also:

April Fools, right? lol

I hope not I'd give 2 pints of blood for the Defiant to be the next ship after the Reliant!

#56 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 05:42 AM

I'd imagine that the Defiant and Voyager are the two ships on top of their list to be made. The Borg Cube, Enterprise C and the Klingon D7 ship from TOS are I'd imagine also on DSTs list as well.

#57 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 09:20 PM

Check out the new Ask DST and chuck seems confident they'll be variants of the Reliant aka the Saratoga

Better have Sisko screaming "We just can't LEAVE HER HERE!" and that garbled "no" as he's hauled out.

#58 Javabean

Javabean

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 04:49 PM

Wonder when we will see some early prototype photos?

#59 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 04:59 PM

Wonder when we will see some early prototype photos?

Hopefully SDCC. 

#60 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 11:47 PM

Guess you didn't see Zach's comment to one of my posts in the ST Select thread,lol!

J-R!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users