Photo

Custom DST Captain Janeway

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 09:55 AM

seeing as how DST does not want to take a chance with getting us any Voyager Characters I decided to take matters into my own hands. Here is Captain Janeway. She is not completely finished yet. Still need to add Rank pips and sealant. But here she is:

#2 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 18 January 2010 - 10:08 AM

You break my heart!! what head and hair did you use? is that dax?

#3 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 11:03 AM

Very cool! So much potential, DST....

#4 LocutusOfTuborg

LocutusOfTuborg

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 11:32 AM

Thats one great looking custom. smile.gif

Nice!

JMW326, what's the secret... how did you do it? Hehehhe...

LoT

#5 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 02:09 PM

I am glad you guys like it. She is one I have been planning on doing for a while but just got around to this weekend. I had to use a mix match of parts I had laying around. The torso and arms I believe came from a Nem crusher the hips and legs came from Nem Troi. The head cxame from DS9 Jadzia Dax and the hair came from a Marvel Select Ultimate Thor. I had to realy dremel down The back of the head because it was realy big. I also used some putty to fill in some of the creases in the top of the uniform and then repainted everything. The Torso hole had to be dremeled out so that the lower torso could fit in it. Overall I like the look. I may change the eyebrows a little but for the most part I am calling her done.

#6 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 04:36 PM

That looks really good JMW!

Especially good use of the Nem Crusher... in fact you could easily make a season 1 Dax!

The face looks really good, a bit more "Girlish" for Janeway then I like, but really not bad at all!

The truth is you can pretty much slap any hair do on Janeway because she had so many!! But yours looks really great!

#7 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 08:00 PM

That is really, really cool JMW.

*sigh*

#8 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 18 January 2010 - 10:05 PM

That's pretty awesome! biggrin.gif

#9 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 10:58 AM

QUOTE (Gothneo @ Jan 18 2010, 04:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That looks really good JMW!

Especially good use of the Nem Crusher... in fact you could easily make a season 1 Dax!

The face looks really good, a bit more "Girlish" for Janeway then I like, but really not bad at all!

The truth is you can pretty much slap any hair do on Janeway because she had so many!! But yours looks really great!

A few features are a little soft for Janeway. I have been looking at her and trying to figure out what I could do to sharpen then a little. I think if I pointed and flattened the bottom of the chin a little it may help out some. The only problem is that I only have the one extra Dax head so if I screw it up I will have to try and find a new dax to work with. LOL. The other problem with Dax is that they gave her giant eyes. I am debating on trying to resize them but eyes are so hard to paint so that they look right.

Oh and Sam I tried my best to make sure I got the hair color right for you. LOL. Let me know if it needs any work.

#10 WORF22

WORF22

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 02:30 PM

QUOTE (JMW326 @ Jan 19 2010, 05:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A few features are a little soft for Janeway. I have been looking at her and trying to figure out what I could do to sharpen then a little. I think if I pointed and flattened the bottom of the chin a little it may help out some. The only problem is that I only have the one extra Dax head so if I screw it up I will have to try and find a new dax to work with. LOL. The other problem with Dax is that they gave her giant eyes. I am debating on trying to resize them but eyes are so hard to paint so that they look right.

Oh and Sam I tried my best to make sure I got the hair color right for you. LOL. Let me know if it needs any work.

TRY A T'POL HEAD

#11 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 04:34 PM

QUOTE (JMW326 @ Jan 19 2010, 08:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think your right... Mulgrew has a bit more of rounder face and smaller eyes... but never mind that... I still think It looks great!

#12 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 08:22 PM

QUOTE (JMW326 @ Jan 20 2010, 03:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, I'm just glad you didn't give her the season 7 Crusher hairpiece! roflmao.gif

#13 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 08:30 PM

JMW, I don't know why I didn't realize before how easy it it is to convert a Nemesis type uniform to a S1 DS9/VOY uniform... but your custom made that very obvious to me! Thank you!

I recently purchased a bunch more of the DS9 Figures when the were being clearanced... now I know what I'm going to do with them all!

S1 DS9 & Generations Picard, Data & Geordi should all be very easy to do!

#14 Tiberius

Tiberius

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 10:50 PM

Great work JMW, and amazing insight on a potential donor for the head. I would normally look outside the Star Trek realm for someone that compares to the intended result. I never would have thought Dax!

#15 roll my blues

roll my blues

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 12:04 AM

Excellent work! I'm jealous.

#16 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 07:35 AM

QUOTE (Gothneo @ Jan 19 2010, 08:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
JMW, I don't know why I didn't realize before how easy it it is to convert a Nemesis type uniform to a S1 DS9/VOY uniform... but your custom made that very obvious to me! Thank you!

I recently purchased a bunch more of the DS9 Figures when the were being clearanced... now I know what I'm going to do with them all!

S1 DS9 & Generations Picard, Data & Geordi should all be very easy to do!

Awesome. I am glad I could help out and cant wait to see some of you customs,. I am planning on picking up some more of the Nem type uniforms and make a few more eventualy myself.

#17 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 11:11 AM

I have updated her some. I trimmed down the chin area repainted the face including the eybrows,lips and around the eyes (I got rid of all the bold eyeliner they gave Dax). I also touched up the hair and changed the way it sits around the bottom of her face. I went ahead and added rank pips and sealed it. I think I see Kate mulgrew peeking out now. LOL

#18 The_Donster

The_Donster

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 20 January 2010 - 11:21 AM

Yep, I think you've captured her likeness smile.gif

#19 Tiberius

Tiberius

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 11:23 AM

Well now it would be hard to see Dax in that sculpt. Looks great James.
Did you paint her hands? the right one looks a different colour then the other, and from her face.
Would this have worked if you utilized Kira's hair, you mentioned that alot of material had to be removed to fit the hair and Kira would need a new do if someone was to make a pre Colonel Kira figure.

#20 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 11:58 AM

I do need to paint her hands. I gave her smaller ones than the ones that came with crusher (those were big man hands lol). I will have to lookat Kira and see if her hair would work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users