Dougherty... Out!

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 13 January 2010 - 07:13 AM

Well heres my attempt at Soran where I shaved off the beard and re-sculpted the head/hair a bit. Its that darn stubble thats hard to match if you dont have an airbrush!

#22 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 03:04 PM

That's looking nice!

What are you using for a base body?

#23 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 08:03 PM

QUOTE (Gothneo @ Jan 12 2010, 07:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe someone can guess what custom Star Trek Figure this head will be used for eventually wink.gif

Didn't Big Show appear as an Orion at some point in Enterprise?

#24 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 13 January 2010 - 08:32 PM

The base body is a AGT Geordi. I thought it came as close as could be approximated with using existing trek parts. I think maybe a Heroes peter figure with some mods might work good too because of the hooded shirt underneath. As for the big show he did appear and somewhere in my gallery I did a quick custom with spare parts.

#25 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 03:37 AM

Yep, your guessed it Artistix! That's what that custom will be, but there is a ALOT of sculpting to do yet on that big guy! I'm going to concentrate on the Head 1st, and then get to the the uniform.

I thought that was a AGT Geordi figure. I havent decided on a base yet for Soran, but again, as with the Big Show "Orion" my thought was to use some base Trek figure and to Sculpt the uniform. I don't think it will be that bad, but I just need some decent art of the over all outfit he wore.

#26 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 07:16 AM

My Big Show Orion was pretty inaccurate and only thrown together from extra parts I had around my house....

I cant wait to see what hes supposed to look like...lol!

#27 Pauln6

Pauln6

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 10:20 AM

QUOTE (TheHSBR @ Jan 14 2010, 07:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My Big Show Orion was pretty inaccurate and only thrown together from extra parts I had around my house....

I cant wait to see what hes supposed to look like...lol!

Good jobs! I was tempted to buy Heroes' Nicki to get two heads for the price of one. Obviously the male figures need a lot of sculpting around the neck area, which is frustrating for a novice like me. I'd have liked to make lots of spare crew and the main thing putting me off is the incompatability of Trek male heads with pretty much every other similar scale figure out there. Do the lady heads fit any better onto the Trek neck nubs?

#28 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 11:34 AM

the easiest way to switch heads between a series like heroes and trek is to take a current trek head, cut off the neck at the jaw line then back to the hairline. Then gorilla glue the neck onto the heroes head and it should be passable most times. I havent tried switching the female heads yet but it seems like they will work a lot better with simple head swaps.

#29 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 04:51 PM

It's actually pretty easy to simply sculpt the neck on to a head...

Tell ya what... I need to repeat the same basic sculpt for Dr. Soren... I'll try and take some pictures to show how it's done!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users