• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 UFP-1701

UFP-1701

Once upon a time...

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 08:26 AM

We have opened a new section for Members to report Technical issues with either the Website or the Forum. You will find it here:

http://www.trektoy.c...hp?showforum=36

#2 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 08:32 PM

It is with deep regret that we announce that 2 of our Forum Moderators has decided to stepped down from their positions. Knightone and The Donster has decided to resign their positions effective immediately. Mark and I would like to thank them both for their hard work and service to the board and I know we will be seeing them around the forum. Thanks Guys!!!

Mason will be retaining his position as Global Moderator so as always, if you need to contact him, he is available.
Other thread was locked for some odd reason...so I thought I'd ask about this here.

Donster is gone??....so I gather someone else is taking over the Diamond Mine?

#3 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 08:45 PM

QUOTE(Artistix @ Jul 8 2007, 10:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It is with deep regret that we announce that 2 of our Forum Moderators has decided to stepped down from their positions. Knightone and The Donster has decided to resign their positions effective immediately. Mark and I would like to thank them both for their hard work and service to the board and I know we will be seeing them around the forum. Thanks Guys!!!

Mason will be retaining his position as Global Moderator so as always, if you need to contact him, he is available.
Other thread was locked for some odd reason...so I thought I'd ask about this here.

Donster is gone??....so I gather someone else is taking over the Diamond Mine?

I am sure that Mark will appoint someone else to continue on with the Diamond mine. I know that Mark is pretty busy as of late so it may be a while before he has time to deal with it though. I am sure it will be okay to continue asking questions until the vacancy is filled.

#4 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 08:54 PM

At this point it is my hope that we can keep it going. I have things going in on my personal life that are keeping me away, or limit my time here, on the forum, for a short time. I will let everyone knew as soon as I can. For now, if you have a question, ask away.

#5 JulesLuvsShinzon

JulesLuvsShinzon

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,101 posts
  • Interests:Collecting Art Asylum 7&quot; Star trek action figures.

Star trek &amp; writing fan fiction.

Posted 09 July 2007 - 06:44 AM

I'd just like to record my sincere appreciation for what the Donster has done for the forum. He has worked hard and has been a real asset to this place.

#6 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 03:53 PM

Are the Donster & knightone alright? sad.gif

#7 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, performing (on stage), drawing, and collecting anything (24th century) Trek.

Posted 09 July 2007 - 03:55 PM

QUOTE(Artistix @ Jul 9 2007, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They are both stepping down simultaneously? How bizarre... mellow.gif

#8 The_Donster

The_Donster

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 09 July 2007 - 06:43 PM

Hey gang, big thanks to everyone's well wishes and concerns over me and The Diamond Mine. Unfortunately do to a new job and responsibilities close to home I've stepped down as Global Moderator. I will continue as the DST Liason Officer until Round 1 wraps up, after that it will be up to the forum staff to appoint a new Liason Officer and continue The Diamond Mine with DST.

#9 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 08:08 PM

Yes they both have left us. That is the way of things. I myself have had so much happen in the last month that I thought about closing the forum altogether. But, this is a good forum, not perfect but a nice place and I could not see in the end, closing the doors. I'm sorry that I am not here as much as I once was but I'm sure that the rough seas that I am in will not last forever and I will be back soon full time. Until then I am only a pm away as is Mason or Roger.

Thanks,
FHC

#10 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 09:34 PM

QUOTE(Artistix @ Jul 9 2007, 04:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm still around, Artistix. I'll be popping my head in here every now and then. smile.gif

#11 UFP-1701

UFP-1701

Once upon a time...

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 04:07 AM

As someone quoted, "change is the only constant in the universe" this board has always been about people gathering, sharing the passion for the hobby and a laugh from time to time, that will never change regardless of who names are in red, blue, black etc. A forum such as this one is only as good as the members behind it, and I think we have a damn good thing going on here......wink.gif

#12 TLAMGUY

TLAMGUY

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 131 posts
  • Interests:Blowing stuff up and collecting TOS Trek

Posted 10 July 2007 - 07:29 AM

QUOTE(UFP-1701 @ Jul 10 2007, 07:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As someone quoted, "change is the only constant in the universe" this board has always been about people gathering, sharing the passion for the hobby and a laugh from time to time, that will never change regardless of who names are in red, blue, black etc. A forum such as this one is only as good as the members behind it, and I think we have a damn good thing going on here......wink.gif

Amen brother. In my short stint here, this place reminds me of another one that started out so well. The difference is that this forum has had great leadership. MAD props to Donster & Knightone. Much respect and thank you for the leadership....not to mention just plain ol' caring. FHC remains the rock and we continue to prosper. As long as we all agree to disagree as needed and just get along, this place is going to be the best Trek Forum on the grid. We remain only as good as the sum of our parts. As a green blooded, pointy eared Vulcan once pointed out....the needs of the many, out weigh the needs of the few, or the one. We don't need one to succeed, we need us all. Nuff said.

#13 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 08:33 PM

You know every time I get down, I come here and almost every time I get a little pick me up. For all the things I am and I am not, at heart I'm just a guy that likes to collect Trek Toys and get a laugh and share with others that are like minded. Thanks everyone that drops by and reads this.

#14 JulesLuvsShinzon

JulesLuvsShinzon

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,101 posts
  • Interests:Collecting Art Asylum 7&quot; Star trek action figures.

Star trek &amp; writing fan fiction.

Posted 11 July 2007 - 02:00 AM

I'm sorry to hear that you're going through a bad time Mark, it sounds serious and I really wish you all the very best because you are one great, caring guy who has the respect of the entire Trek toy collecting community. Things haven't been so great chez Copes either, but it's the way of the world that at some point or another we all have to go through trials, and sometimes it's not even trials, or things we can't control, but it becomes the right time to move forward and take on new responsibilities in the real world (much as we may try to escape it!). I've seen so many members forced through circumstances to put the hobby on the back-burner, but I guess the passion never goes away, and when times are crappy, I know I look forward to the days when I can return to the innocent pleasures of playing with my toys and dreaming ~ don't take that the wrong way!! roflmao.gif

I'm glad you're still popping in here and finding something to make you smile, if we manage that one thing alone then that is your justification for keeping this place up and running. I've just made myself laugh, I just wrote "I hope you're still pooping in here" ~ glad I picked that one up before posting! Anyhoo, you gave us a place to hang out and talk toys, and somewhere for Berns and I to continue our cyber-sniping ~ although we are both so much better-behaved these days, or at least I am! wink.gif

Anyway, one by one the old AA members have showed up here, and we really appreciate this place.

#15 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, performing (on stage), drawing, and collecting anything (24th century) Trek.

Posted 11 July 2007 - 07:21 PM

QUOTE(JulesLuvsShinzon @ Jul 11 2007, 04:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyway, one by one the old AA members have showed up here, and we really appreciate this place.

Quite right!

#16 Mason

Mason

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 423 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek, Collecting Action Figures, Collecting DVD's

Posted 11 July 2007 - 09:59 PM

Awww, can I feel a group hug coming on? wink.gif

#17 TLAMGUY

TLAMGUY

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 131 posts
  • Interests:Blowing stuff up and collecting TOS Trek

Posted 12 July 2007 - 07:40 AM

QUOTE(Mason @ Jul 12 2007, 12:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Awww, can I feel a group hug coming on? wink.gif

Group hug hell, I'm swatin' Kniteone and Donster on the keester and sayin'....Good game! You gotta do what you gotta do. Takin' care of self and family is job one. Good on ya men. Jules, God bless your cheeky heart. I'm pretty sure that if you had your way, every adult toy would come with a Shinzon action figure (hugs luv). FHC, you get on with your bad Trek Toys collectin' self. Am I high on something, no....cept maybe TOS. But....and not to be a major downer, I've seen the worst humanity has to offer (looked worst to me) in the last 30 years of being a squid and part time ground pounder. Coming here and just enjoying a simple "Berns V Jules" episode, wait'n to see who wins the next Slayer contest, appreciating all the interesting points of view (cannon anyone) and admiring all the cool talent that this forum and board presents with the many passionate and knowledgable members (breath)....is akin to watching my favorite soap (not that I have one). Bottom line boys and girls, those who come here to make a difference are greatly admired. I don't have time for all this forum moderating and such, but I sure like taking advantage of all the hard work our board leadership is putting out.

There. I got my towel, so drop the soap. Thanks again people. You all make this forum a nice place to vist.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users