12" movie figure discussion

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 15 June 2009 - 10:50 AM

Discuss
Wave 2 movie stuff
http://trekmovie.com...e-figures-toys/

#2 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 11:40 AM

I think that ALL of Wave 2 12" Look Awesome! Especially Nero and Uhura. I think every one of the PM Uhura figures are spot on her.

#3 JonWes

JonWes

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 02:05 PM

Uhura looks great. I do hope she ends up with elbow articulation. I think at that scale they should be able to make it look nice.

#4 Hermey the Elf

Hermey the Elf

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 03:58 PM

My favorite is 12" Uhura (hot!), but Scotty and Nero look great, too. I sure hope they release Nero with his pole/weapon, as shown. Where's 12" Chekov??

#5 Hermey the Elf

Hermey the Elf

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 05:26 PM

Ok, here's a question/observation I have, and this applies to all of wave 2, not just the 12". Based on my limited observations, WalMarts have removed the Trek figures from stores or put them on closeout. Targets are largely sold down to a small quantity of wave one. A TRU near me has a ton of all of the figures---it doesn't look like they have sold much in the last month. I have not been to other TRUs, so maybe this is an abberation.

So here's my question. What major retailers are going to order and stock wave 2? I realize what the announcement said (all the regular retailer suspects), but that doesn't mean it's reality. I'm wondering if wave 2 (and any other waves) actually happens whether buying online might be the best option. What do you think?

#6 Biffette

Biffette

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 08:57 PM

The Targets in my area are pretty barren. TRU and Walmart are another story. I suppose it depends on whether Playmates is still shipping wave 1. This stock that doesn't appear to be moving, is it the last stuff in the store's inventory? Or are there six more cases in back? I'm guessing we'll have an easier time ordering wave 2 online initially. If the DVD comes out in October, that will most likely help move whatever wave is sitting too.

#7 Sgt. Stinky

Sgt. Stinky

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek, Indiana Jones, Friends and especially Family

Posted 16 June 2009 - 10:55 AM

All the stores in my area have sold quite bit of the toys. In fact one Walmart just last week got the figures in stock and on the shelf. The other Walmart had them since April. None of the stores here-Walmart, Target, Meijer or Kmart-seemed to over order. Target and Meijer have actually restocked a couple of times. I guess it depends on where you live. I personally think they learned a lesson on the Indy line last year, unfortunately. I still miss seeing new Indy stock on the shelves. I think Trek will be ok.

#8 Matty-lad

Matty-lad

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 03:41 PM

Hey all,

According to this website, we may be getting Kirk in off duty uniform.

http://www.figures.c...g...le=148&nl=1

Fingers crossed.

Take care,
Mattylad

#9 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 05:45 PM

Niiiice....Well I just updated the NFC Reference Site with the new figures, and if Kirk makes the Mix then I'll add him too =)

#10 duralumin

duralumin

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 06:27 PM

These figures look great, especially Nero and Uhura. Hoping that Uhura's arms are articulated at the elbows as well...but I'll admit that there's something nice about the smooth appearance of the arms...kinda adds to the realism.

#11 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 06:22 PM

QUOTE (duralumin @ Jun 17 2009, 10:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
but I'll admit that there's something nice about the smooth appearance of the arms...kinda adds to the realism.

Yeah, but it makes her less of an 'action figure' & more in line with Mattel's Barbies.

I have nothing against the standard Barbie articulation....on Barbies. But not a fan of the idea at all in a 12" action figure line.

#12 NickyTea

NickyTea

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 02:24 PM

Anyone know of any sculptors doing a Chris Pine headsculpt? This fig begs for a new head.

#13 The_Donster

The_Donster

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 23 June 2009 - 03:47 PM

I gotta be honest, I might be picking these up and passing on the action figures. I just can't see picking those up, but I do like the dolls, they look the best.

#14 duralumin

duralumin

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 09:58 PM

QUOTE (Artistix @ Jun 18 2009, 07:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, but it makes her less of an 'action figure' & more in line with Mattel's Barbies.

I have nothing against the standard Barbie articulation....on Barbies. But not a fan of the idea at all in a 12" action figure line.

Not exactly like Uhura was striking up a Bruce Lee action pose...lol! At the price point of these figures they've kinda left the "action figure" realm and progressed into the collectible doll arena. Let's face it...these are dolls...and not cheap ones at that. Whatever steps are taken to lend a little more realism I'm fine with that...as I'm also a fan of articulation as long as it doesn't look silly. The photo also looks to have been treated a little via Photoshop...especially around the knee joints. Either way...with a likeness as good as this one the Uhura fogire will likely do very well...articulated elbows or not smile.gif .

#15 jr1701

jr1701

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 04:11 PM

Any sign of Pike and Sulu?

#16 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 12:44 PM

They will hit TRU stores the same time as Wave 2 does....so as soon as wave 2 hits, so will Pike and Sulu

#17 Dr. Crusher

Dr. Crusher

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 02:15 PM

Is there an approximate release date on these?

#18 Matty-lad

Matty-lad

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 04:14 PM

QUOTE (BadBunnyMike @ Jul 18 2009, 07:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They will hit TRU stores the same time as Wave 2 does....so as soon as wave 2 hits, so will Pike and Sulu

Hey all,

Someone over on the Playtrek mailing list has seen the Sulu and Pike figures at Toys R Us. Can anyone confirm that?

Take care,
Matty-lad

#19 Sgt. Stinky

Sgt. Stinky

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek, Indiana Jones, Friends and especially Family

Posted 08 September 2009 - 10:36 AM

I saw the tags for them and a hand written date of 8/28, but no figures at a Dayton Toys R Us.

#20 Bandit LOAF

Bandit LOAF

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 02:16 PM

Howdy folks,
I found the 12" Sulu and Pike at the Toys R Us in Rockville, MD yesterday. I also checked the Gaithersburg store -- nothing there yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users