Photo

MWC's Toys Review of the New 3 3/4 figures...

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#41 Matty-lad

Matty-lad

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 05:26 PM

Hey all (again,)

I've just found this article explaining about the assortment and they are on about releasing 4 waves of figures. Fingers crossed they sell then.....

http://www.action-fi...p...e&sid=24538

Take care,
Matty-lad

#42 JonWes

JonWes

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 05:48 PM

That's cool. I had forgotten about that article. 4 Waves! I hope the sales are there. I wonder if it means 4 waves of distinct figures or whether they will be mixes of previous waves and new stuff. Good to hear more playsets are on the way too!

#43 egoing

egoing

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 06:12 PM

I hope those other playsets are electronic.

#44 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • Interests:"Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?"

Posted 15 April 2009 - 06:29 PM

I was just thinking bout all those Indiana Jones Akator playsets out there on clearance and had an idea! Someone definately needs to make custom Vaal playset out of that for the new 3 3/4" Playmates figures.

#45 flw

flw

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 06:42 PM

Figures are all well and good - I like the 6" ones, and after all, someone's got to give DST a run for their money on making about 43 different Kirks - but I want ships!! Any clue when the Narada is coming out? (Not to mention the famed Kelvin - sorry, wrong thread!!) laugh.gif

#46 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 06:52 PM

I believe the Narada will be in the fall wave, this August or September. Spock's Jellyfish is probably coming in the third wave in October. Someone mentioned a fourth wave in January. Although no ship was announced for that wave, the Kelvin would be perfect.

#47 JonWes

JonWes

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 08:08 PM

Or a shuttlecraft for the figures to fit in!

#48 s8film40

s8film40

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 862 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 09:47 PM

QUOTE (bgiles73 @ Apr 15 2009, 07:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was just thinking bout all those Indiana Jones Akator playsets out there on clearance and had an idea! Someone definately needs to make custom Vaal playset out of that for the new 3 3/4" Playmates figures.

Thats a great idea, and you don't even have to customize it. You can explain the subtle differences using the same excuses they use for the differences in the movie sets. This is going to be one of the great benefits of this scale, there's a lot of great 3 3/4" stuff out there.

#49 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 09:25 PM

Got some of the 3 3/4" figures today. I really like them. The torsos are a bit long and barrel-like compared to the rest of the body as has been said, but aren't as noticeable at this scale as it is in the 6" line, which just seems way off in this regard. They are a bit smaller in scale compared to Star Wars figures, though. It's not just height. All the body parts are just a hair smaller than the SW figures I have.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users