Photo

Got a couple of the 3 & 3/4" figures a little early!

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#21 flw

flw

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 12:14 PM

Hey Rev - I won't be able to go either, but I'm off work tomorrow - maybe I'll run into you! Try not to grab everything wink.gif - I really want the ship!!

#22 JonWes

JonWes

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 12:58 PM

Well, no Star Trek love at my local TRU, but that's not too surprising as it usually takes a bit before it trickles down to where I'm at. A very nice TRU worker actually came to me while I was looking around and asked if I was looking for anything specific. I told him and he actually went to check the back and the computer. They didn't have any, but it was nice of him to check.

#23 flw

flw

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 01:21 PM

Good to know! (lets out breath, stops turning purple) laugh.gif

#24 sallah

sallah

Herbert.

• Members
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 01:54 PM

Strike 1 at my first TRU...hopefully the second one I check tonight will have something. I have everything on order at my comic shop, but I wouldn't mind snagging an extra Kirk and Spock tonight...

Sallah

#25 trekhunter1701

trekhunter1701

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 223 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek

Posted 09 April 2009 - 02:02 PM

Nothing at mine here in Kansas. I'll check again tomorrow since that is when they get a truck in.

#26 New Frontier

New Frontier

I know FHC by name.

• Suspended
  • 585 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek: The Original Series <br />Graphic Design <br />Star Trek 2009 <br />Model Making <br /><br />

Posted 09 April 2009 - 02:30 PM

there all available for pre-order at toysrus.co.uk for the UK members here - the availability date is the 19th April which is a sunday so i would guess that they will get their products on friday the 17th and the week leading up to then. so check TRU then.

#27 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 06:26 AM

Okay, I managed to make it to a Toys last night, and they had 3 of the 6"ers and 1 3 3/4" left! I preordered all my little guys from Rick, and I had no intention of getting anything else. But after seeing the 6" line, I was much more impressed in person than the photos, so I grabbed what they had and will try to complete that set now as well! Sorry flw, I just left a little Nero behind. wink.gif

#28 Hermey the Elf

Hermey the Elf

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 09:50 AM

QUOTE (reverie @ Apr 10 2009, 08:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Okay, I managed to make it to a Toys last night, and they had 3 of the 6"ers and 1 3 3/4" left! I preordered all my little guys from Rick, and I had no intention of getting anything else. But after seeing the 6" line, I was much more impressed in person than the photos, so I grabbed what they had and will try to complete that set now as well! Sorry flw, I just left a little Nero behind. wink.gif

spock2.gif How about some pix?

#29 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 09:56 AM

QUOTE (Hermey the Elf @ Apr 10 2009, 11:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
spock2.gif How about some pix?

I'll see what I can do when I get home. smile.gif

#30 Hermey the Elf

Hermey the Elf

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 10:55 AM

What bridge or transporter set pieces are people getting with the 3.75" figz? Take pix! djparty.gif

#31 flw

flw

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 01:43 PM

AAARRGGGHHHH!!! I just got finished calling every Toys R Us in my area (metro Detroit) and no one's got any ships in yet - just a few figures and some playsets. Still too early for me ... sad.gif

#32 QuePaso?

QuePaso?

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 02:44 PM

My local TRU had just 2 1701's and nothing else. I was surprised how light the box was, but was glad to see and hold NEW ST product in a retail store again.

Too bad the DST 2-packs are clogging the shelves where I suspect they'd put the new ST stuff.

#33 JonWes

JonWes

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 02:58 PM

It's cool to hear so many sightings of some stuff. If 4/19 had been an official street date and not just a target date I doubt this many TRU's would have violated it. I'm going to give it another go tonight. I have all the small figures pre-ordered, so I'd just be happy if they had the Bridge and Transporter.

#34 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 03:11 PM

Dont know how the rest of you have made out, but i went to my TRU today and struck gold! They had the 12", 6" and the 3 3/4" figures, as well as the transporter and Bridge, Tricorder, Phaser, and communicators, and the elusive 1701 ship , all in stock, in a display just as pretty as you please! I bought the 12" original Spock and new Spock, 6" Original and new Spocks and the 3 3/4" Spocks. There was only 1 of each of the 12", and i think 2 of each of the 3 3/4" figures, and maybe 2 each of the 6" figures. 3 3/4" were $6.99, 6" were $9.99 and the 12" were $29.99. Needless to say i was shocked to actually find all of them, i believe they were put out this morning.

#35 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 03:17 PM

Okay, I'm not a professional photographer by any means, but here's some I took tonight (after hitting up another Toys and finding the rest of the 6"ers minus Pike & Uhura)..

And some of the accessoires:

Some of them have an annoying divit in their nose, but over-all I'm pleased with them (not quite DST quality to me, but hey, at least they came out on time and are in stores!).

#36 Hermey the Elf

Hermey the Elf

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 03:39 PM

Reverie, nice photos. Thanks. Looks like you gonna have some fun this weekend playing with your new toys. spock2.gif

#37 Hirogen

Hirogen

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 03:47 PM

God bless it, I wasn't going to pick up the 3 3/4" Trek line right now but they look too good to pass up. I saw a picture of the bridge set and that looks sweet too.

#38 New Frontier

New Frontier

I know FHC by name.

• Suspended
  • 585 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek: The Original Series <br />Graphic Design <br />Star Trek 2009 <br />Model Making <br /><br />

Posted 10 April 2009 - 03:55 PM

nice pics, thanks for sharing. Still going to go for the smaller scale since i feel these look a little too much like the 3 3/4 scale blown up to a 6 inch scale, plus i have just bought the Big Millennium Falcon (for

#39 Bandit LOAF

Bandit LOAF

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 04:52 PM

Howdy folks,
I went out looking today... if there's anyone here from Maryland, there are Star Trek movie toys in varying amounts at the Columbia, Rockville and Gaithersburg TRUs.

Columbia had some of the 6" figures, the phaser/communicator/tricorder and the 3.75" playsets. Rockville had only the playsets, with Amok Time packs still taking up what I assume is the Star Trek space. Gaithersburg had just about everything, except the 6" Uhura and Pike. (Columbia also had lots of Terminator 4 stuff, which I didn't see anywhere else, if anyone is looking for that.)

I picked up an Enterprise and the eight 6" figures, and they're all a lot nicer than I was expecting! (I ordered the 3.75" figures from Newforce and the playsets from Amazon and so forth... so it doesn't *feel* like I'm spending so much money:)) How cool is it that we're running around actual toy stores again? (I do kind of wish there were actually a big April 19th launch, like they did with the Star Wars movies...)

#40 JonWes

JonWes

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 05:14 PM

Hey guys!

I struck out at TRU... but then found a HUGE display at the local Wal-Mart! They had about 15 pegs of 3.75'' figures and about 6 pegs of the 6'' figures and the Enterprise. No playsets, role play or 12'' figures. I was so happy to see them! But kind of bummed because I had pre-ordered the smaller figures. Until... I looked at the 3.75'' figures and realized I had better cancel my pre-order. The paint slop on them is pretty bad. I looked through all 15 pegs and only found one set I was really very happy with. There were others that weren't bad, the problem was that their expressions were pretty weird. Some seemed surprised, some seemed angry and some seemed constipated. So I decided just to cancel the pre-order so I could pick the figures out myself.

I will say the 6'' figures looked great. I was really tempted. The likenesses are very nice. The only one that looked weird was Uhura whose blush was way too heavy. I'll take some pics and post soon. Oh - at Wal-Mart the smaller figures are 6.47, the 6'' figures are $8.97 and the Enterprise was $29.99.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users