• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#21 Wildcard

Wildcard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 01:43 PM

^Yeah, I hated that as well. I've often thought about if there was a way to do a custom of her and Troi for the transporter series. But I think it would come down to finding some way to add the right amount of blue die or clear paint to her lower torso and legs to make it look like the right color for the transporter effect (at least in keeping consistancy with the rest of the line).

#22 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 11:59 PM

QUOTE(Wildcard @ Oct 6 2007, 05:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think it would come down to finding some way to add the right amount of blue die or clear paint to her lower torso and legs to make it look like the right color for the transporter effect

Well that sounds far too tricky for me! biggrin.gif

The main customs I would like to make if I can:

4.5" Ezri
Using the recipe we've seen a fellow use....movie Troi/Crusher body, Ilea head with hair sculpted on. That amount of hair I may be able to sculpt! Then just have to paint the spots.

4.5" S1 Riker
The Starfleet cadet Riker does look very young...but he'll do! Perhaps I can make him look older using paint.

4.5" Dress Uniform Beverly & Deanna - Generations era
Dress Uniform Dax body. Easy enough. Only missing Worf...but he would be a major task.

4.5" S2 Worf - only paint needed.

9" Insurrection casual attire Crusher
Mentioned recipe in other thread.

9" Quark
If I can get one of those heads I'll be right.

I wonder if the 9" Anij head could make a convincing Kes...probably not.
She may be an okay base for B'Elanna?

#23 Matty-lad

Matty-lad

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 03:58 AM

Dress Uniform Dax body. Easy enough. Only missing Worf...but he would be a major task.

Hey all,

I've managed to make a convincing Dress Uniform Worf using an O'Brien Dress Uniform body, Dress Uniform LaForge arms, normal Worf with ponytail head and the sash from the First Contact Wrof. I think it looks good anyway.

Take care,
Matty-lad

#24 Wildcard

Wildcard

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 09:44 PM

^That's almost the exact recipe I was going to suggest! smile.gif either that or create your own out of ribbon. The only time we ever saw him dress uniform in TNG was in "Liasons" Season 7 and he wore a different sash than his normal attire one:

And I honestly don't remember him wearing one in DS9's "Rules of Engagement" as seen in this pic:

#25 Matty-lad

Matty-lad

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 02:00 AM

QUOTE(Wildcard @ Oct 9 2007, 04:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
^That's almost the exact recipe I was going to suggest! smile.gif either that or create your own out of ribbon. The only time we ever saw him dress uniform in TNG was in "Liasons" Season 7 and he wore a different sash than his normal attire one:

And I honestly don't remember him wearing one in DS9's "Rules of Engagement" as seen in this pic:

Hey all,

I'va actually made that Dress Uniform Worf as well but it doesn't look as good. Same type of parts (i.e. Sisko Dress Uniform, Season 1 LaForge arms and Worf with ponytail) but the head does look a little big for it.

Take care,
Matty-lad

#26 Gordo

Gordo

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 06:56 AM

QUOTE(Artistix @ Oct 8 2007, 01:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
4.5" S1 Riker
The Starfleet cadet Riker does look very young...but he'll do! Perhaps I can make him look older using paint.

I built S1 Riker that way. I think it looks OK...he looked pretty young in S1, anyway!

As for S2 Worf, I found it easier to tweak the sculpting on an S3 Worf than to repaint an S1 Worf.

#27 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, performing (on stage), drawing, and collecting anything (24th century) Trek.

Posted 11 October 2007 - 01:55 PM

QUOTE(Matty-lad @ Oct 8 2007, 05:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've managed to make a convincing Dress Uniform Worf using an O'Brien Dress Uniform body, Dress Uniform LaForge arms, normal Worf with ponytail head and the sash from the First Contact Wrof. I think it looks good anyway.

Matty, post pics! Post pics!

#28 Matty-lad

Matty-lad

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 04:30 AM

QUOTE(Chalksquared @ Oct 11 2007, 08:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Matty, post pics! Post pics!

Hey Chalksquared,

I've been thinking for a while about posting my customs. I've probably about 60 of them now so will see what I can do over the weekend.

Take care,
Matty-lad

#29 Tom Hudspeth

Tom Hudspeth

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 03:51 AM

Matty-lad, that would be great, as well as any recipies you remember.

You guys have inspied me, now I need to post all my crews. I love any excuse to play, er, yeah, play is the right word, to play with my action figures.

#30 TrekCollector01

TrekCollector01

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek, Writing, collecting Star trek figures, movies, Tennis

Posted 17 August 2008 - 10:12 AM

QUOTE(Artistix @ Sep 19 2007, 12:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey all,

I mentioned I've been paying off a kind Playtrekker (the marvellous Don - SouthPol) who has sold me a lot of his old Playmates items which I still needed. HUGE thanks to Don for his help with this.

Most of the figures were still MOC, though a couple were loose with accessories. I opened them all straight away.

Only managed to get pics of the larger figures today, but I'll be doing the 4.5"ers tomorrow.

I took all my Playmates figures out from a big cupboard so I could update all the pics that needed it. They are all lined up in my loungeroom at the moment...I'm hoping they fit back in the cupboard with 40 or 50 new arrivals!

Here are some pics:

I received Data to finish my First Contact 6" line:
About time I finished this crew!

All DS9 Console figures were included:
Good set here. Shame we didn't see the rest of the crew in this scale. I remember the grumblings back in the day about the cardboard, but it looks okay. Sisko's feet don't quite touch the ground.

7" Space Talk:
Nice figures. Talking features work very well.

TNG 9":
Added Insurrection Riker, Insurrection Data, Ad'Har Ru'Afo, 2 x Borg, Sherlock Holmes Data & John Watson Geordi

TOS 9":
Generations Kirk (Very nice) & Talosian were the new figures here. I must have forgotten to ask for a Checov!

12":
Insurrection Riker was needed as I loved the movie dress uniform. It would have been better if the 12" Troi were wearing the movie dress uniform, but they went with the lavender. Mugato is a bit smaller than everyone else, but an awesome figure. POTA Kirk & Spock were the best additions here. Such amazingly beautiful figures & I'm glad to finally have them...I didn't think I ever would!

4.5" figures tomorrow... smile.gif

Nice collection...I wish had such an exstensive collection.

#31 TrekCollector01

TrekCollector01

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 10:14 AM

QUOTE(Artistix @ Oct 7 2007, 09:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well that sounds far too tricky for me! biggrin.gif

The main customs I would like to make if I can:

4.5" Ezri
Using the recipe we've seen a fellow use....movie Troi/Crusher body, Ilea head with hair sculpted on. That amount of hair I may be able to sculpt! Then just have to paint the spots.

4.5" S1 Riker

9" Insurrection casual attire Crusher
Mentioned recipe in other thread.

9" Quark
If I can get one of those heads I'll be right.

I wonder if the 9" Anij head could make a convincing Kes...probably not.
She may be an okay base for B'Elanna?

Didn't they make an Ezri Dax for the warp factor series?

#32 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 10:46 AM

no

http://www.trektoy.com/d.htm

#33 TrekCollector01

TrekCollector01

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 09:58 PM

QUOTE(FHC @ Aug 17 2008, 08:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Odd. I though I read somewhere about one. Anyway, that would be a pretty neat figure.

#34 Wildcard

Wildcard

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 10:12 PM

^there once was an article in ST:Communicator where the guy gave the recipe on customizing your own. You might be remembering that.

#35 TrekCollector01

TrekCollector01

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 09:18 AM

QUOTE(Wildcard @ Aug 17 2008, 08:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
^there once was an article in ST:Communicator where the guy gave the recipe on customizing your own. You might be remembering that.

No, I remember reading about one on a website. I might just be mistaken.

#36 Gordo

Gordo

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 10:43 AM

QUOTE(Wildcard @ Aug 18 2008, 12:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've been meaning to make this custom myself! The customizer in the article was a Canadian named Mike, although he was more commonly known as "The Bounty Hunter." I believe he used a Target 4.5" movie Beverly or Troi for the body and an Ilia head (with sculpted hair and a beauty mark). It was so convincing that I've seen many people on the Web mistake it for the real thing!

#37 TrekCollector01

TrekCollector01

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 05:49 PM

I think that they only made 4 figures in the Star Fleet Academy set. Picard, Riker, LaForge, Worf, I think the others must be some sort of custom figures.
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure they made a Crusher figure.

#38 TrekCollector01

TrekCollector01

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 05:50 PM

QUOTE(Gordo @ Sep 21 2007, 05:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Artistix, I love all your photos! Thanks so much for taking the time to put them together and share them. I, too, have most of the Playmates figures, but I can never be bothered taking apart my display case to do anything like this!

I LOLed at Tosk and Hunter in your DS9 photo. Very nice work having them glare at each other from across the crowd!

You must have a keen eye. I didn't notice that until you mentioned it.

#39 TrekCollector01

TrekCollector01

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 05:54 PM

QUOTE(Wildcard @ Aug 17 2008, 08:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can you find that article online?

#40 Gordo

Gordo

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 06:44 PM

QUOTE(TrekCollector01 @ Aug 19 2008, 07:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think that they only made 4 figures in the Star Fleet Academy set. Picard, Riker, LaForge, Worf, I think the others must be some sort of custom figures.
I'm pretty sure they made a Crusher figure.

The Starfleet Academy set contained Picard, Riker, La Forge, and Worf. Playmates did make cadet versions of Data, Beverly, and Deanna, but they were part of the "Warp Factor" series that spanned all shows.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users