Photo

Has the Borg Waves been Cancelled as well????

• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

#41 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 08:59 AM

QUOTE (JMW326 @ Jun 11 2009, 08:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I doubt we will see a second wave and all the pieces to make the alcove.

Pardon me for saying so, but that is a rather reckless statement to make around here. The last thing the Borg wave needs is for a bunch of people (jittery as they sometimes can be) to jump ship on any Wave 1 pre-orders because of unwarranted speculation about the possibility of a 2nd wave. You simply can't speculate about Wave 2 until Wave 1 has been released. If they sell well, DST would have every reason to want to continue.

I agree with your first statement, that they surely will see Wave 1 through. They have put quite a bit more effort into promoting it than most anything else we've seen, and seem to be pretty far along relatively speaking. If this proves wrong, we'll all be disappointed for sure, but let's not get worried yet. Who really ever believed these would be out by the original estimate? Raise your hands...

#42 JonWes

JonWes

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 12:27 PM

I have to say that, IF they get antsy about the orders for Wave 1, I'd think they'd either give more pieces so you could get the alcove in one shot or they'd offer the rest of the pieces some other way. I don't think they'd commit the customer infuriating act of giving them half an alcove. I see that as quite a different thing then canceling announced figures or not finishing a particular crew.

#43 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • Interests:"Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?"

Posted 11 June 2009 - 04:09 PM

QUOTE (JonWes @ Jun 11 2009, 07:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have to say that, IF they get antsy about the orders for Wave 1, I'd think they'd either give more pieces so you could get the alcove in one shot or they'd offer the rest of the pieces some other way. I don't think they'd commit the customer infuriating act of giving them half an alcove. I see that as quite a different thing then canceling announced figures or not finishing a particular crew.

Do you remember a little thing called "The Mayweather Helm"? tongue.gif

#44 JonWes

JonWes

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 05:33 PM

QUOTE (bgiles73 @ Jun 11 2009, 05:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do you remember a little thing called "The Mayweather Helm"? tongue.gif

LOL - Yeah, but that was Art Asylum, which I think we all know was quite a different thing to DST's version of Art Asylum. smile.gif

#45 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 06:57 PM

Did we already see this?

http://www.diamondse.....ategoryID=335

Artistix very sad.

#46 sallah

sallah

Herbert.

• Members
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 07:05 PM

QUOTE (Artistix @ Jun 11 2009, 06:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did we already see this?

http://www.diamondse.....ategoryID=335

Artistix very sad.

I'd say that pretty much answers us...

TOS is by far my fav Trek....but it sure would be nice if SOMETHING else actually made it to stores...

Sallah

#47 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 07:08 PM

*sigh* Why even bother, DST? Just pump your Kirks out and forget about the rest of Trek.. don't even bother getting our hopes up anymore for something cool only to dash them a year later.

#48 JonWes

JonWes

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 07:09 PM

Sigh. Just... sigh.

#49 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 07:21 PM

Thats a darn shame. TOS apparently rules for the moment. It seems that unless we can get something like a TNG-DS9- VGR type animated show on tv, we will never see anything else but TOS. TOS is by far my favorite, especially Spock(Big shock there) so i am happy to keep getting Spocks in two packs and resissues and all, and if i cant get anything else from DST, i will be ok, but it really would be nice to see more DS9 and some VGR show up.

#50 A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees

A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 07:36 PM

Well, that certainly stinks. Not surprising, though. It is really sad that 24th century trek is so unpopular that none of this can get made.
If 7 of 9 is cancelled, what hope do we have to see ANYTHING from the non-TOS portion of the franchise?

The real killer going forward: People who would have bought figures, but probably won't even bother looking at them because they "know" that it won't come out... creating a self-fulfilling prophecy. That's exactly how I feel. Let's assume I wanted to pre-order. Why bother? It won't get released, anyway.

#51 Hirogen

Hirogen

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 07:45 PM

QUOTE (A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees @ Jun 11 2009, 06:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, that certainly stinks. Not surprising, though. It is really sad that 24th century trek is so unpopular that none of this can get made.
If 7 of 9 is cancelled, what hope do we have to see ANYTHING from the non-TOS portion of the franchise?

The real killer going forward: People who would have bought figures, but probably won't even bother looking at them because they "know" that it won't come out... creating a self-fulfilling prophecy. That's exactly how I feel. Let's assume I wanted to pre-order. Why bother? It won't get released, anyway.

I don't think it isn't popular enough, just that DST needs to revamp their whole Trek system. People here myself included, have been saying this for awhile. But they can't see anything but TOS. So, I am done as a DST customer since I have a TOS crew.

#52 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 07:49 PM

#53 Nigel

Nigel

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 08:13 PM

They cancelled Seven of Nine???????????????????? *jaw drops* It's official, they should rename themselves "Kirk & Spock Select Toys".

#54 A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees

A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 08:23 PM

QUOTE (Nigel @ Jun 11 2009, 10:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They cancelled Seven of Nine???????????????????? *jaw drops* It's official, they should rename themselves "Kirk & Spock Select Toys".

or DSC ... it has dual uses:

Diamond Select Cancellations
Don't Sell, Cancel!

#55 DS9_Fan

DS9_Fan

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 765 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 08:24 PM

Totally Sucks!!!! Why bother showing all this new stuff if it will never see the light of day. Dukat/Sisko, Kruge/Maltz and now the Borg wave. What do you have to say for yourselves DST!!! How about they give us an answer that actually satisfies us. Time they moved over and gave the liscence to someone else!

#56 Sybeck1

Sybeck1

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 08:34 PM

Man, Seven was the one I thought would survive the 24th century. What geek wouldn't want a big breasted sci fi icon??

#57 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • Interests:"Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?"

Posted 11 June 2009 - 08:35 PM

Man, I hate to say it but I'm thinking this ship has gone and set sail. I guess that TOS Wave 5 really is a swan song (If that even sees release at this point) This sucks but unfortunately is no surprise.

#58 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 08:49 PM

That and Janeway, sad that they seem to be fading out into the night.

#59 Sybeck1

Sybeck1

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 09:08 PM

QUOTE (DS9_Fan @ Jun 11 2009, 09:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Time they moved over and gave the liscence to someone else!

I didn't collect Playmates so I don't know what the time frame was between the two, but didn't the line lay fallow for a while? Also wouldn't a new compnay go for what is proven to make money, hence no 24th century Trek? Wonder what will happen to the ships and roleplay pass the D and tricoders? Its all up in the air now.

#60 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 09:22 PM

Absolutely stupid. They never even showed off a version of the alcove that looked like it was actually constructed of the 6 pieces instead of a solid prototype, how the hell can people be interested in preordering if it looks like they're still trying to figure out how to produce it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users