Photo

Has anyone ever disassembled a Playmates Enterprise-D?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 06 January 2011 - 11:26 PM

That looks awesome! It really brings it to life!

#22 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 01:51 PM

I think the Bussard is too bright. I have two different types of red LED, one set works fine, but is too dim, the others are just the right brightness, but draw too much voltage, and dim all the other lights. In the pics, I'm using an ultra-bright white LED. It looks great, but is definitely too bright, and the bussard comes out just a bit too orange. I'm thinking I'll wrap some red tape around the white LED to dim it a bit and redden the output. Failing that, I'll experiment with two dim red LEDs, that would be nicely consistent with the studio model biggrin.gif

Unfortunately, I broke the contact with the battery compartment yesterday, so I'll have to replace that wire with something stronger and solder that down before I test anymore.

Haven't had time to work on it over the last two days. Glad you guys are impressed tongue.gif

Here's a pic I didn't post before:

167235_1770944803428_5641776_n.jpg

#23 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 12:53 AM

Sorry for the lack of updates, guys, family emergency had me pretty busy lately. It'll be a little while before I can devote any time to this. :(

#24 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 18 January 2011 - 04:31 AM

QUOTE (Destructor!!! @ Jan 18 2011, 12:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry for the lack of updates, guys, family emergency had me pretty busy lately. It'll be a little while before I can devote any time to this. sad.gif

Take care of what's important, man. The Enterprise will still be there when you can get back to it.

#25 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 07:11 AM

PROGRESS, BABY!

I've started a new thread in the Custom Ships forum, if a moderator wants to merge this thread with the other, over there (using the thread title from the other thread), that'd be great.

CLICK HERE for the other thread!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users