• Please log in to reply
284 replies to this topic

#61 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 04:12 AM

Yep,pretty big ship,lol! But I'll never get one from DST. If they won't make the alien ship I want 'cos it's too big and would be a 140-150 dollar ship,there's no chance in hell they'd do a J,lol! But I WILL settle for a nice little EM version though. Or any other version for that matter.

J-R!

#62 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 11:33 AM

Yep,pretty big ship,lol! But I'll never get one from DST. If they won't make the alien ship I want 'cos it's too big and would be a 140-150 dollar ship,there's no chance in hell they'd do a J,lol! But I WILL settle for a nice little EM version though. Or any other version for that matter.

J-R!

So what alien ship that you want are they not making? Ive read through your posts and dont see you actually naming the ship.

#63 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 11:40 AM

Post 34,at the end there. Apparently it'd be too much plastic and cost a bundle for those who wanna buy it,like me. And I always thought it wasn't that much bigger than E-D. Guess I have to watch some TNG again,to see how big it actually is,lol!

Makes me wonder though,how much ARE we willing to pay for the ships we want?

J-R!

#64 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 02:03 PM

Post 34,at the end there. Apparently it'd be too much plastic and cost a bundle for those who wanna buy it,like me. And I always thought it wasn't that much bigger than E-D. Guess I have to watch some TNG again,to see how big it actually is,lol!

Makes me wonder though,how much ARE we willing to pay for the ships we want?

J-R!

That's massively disappointing they arent doing the TNG Warbird... Why can't they just do it in a smaller scale? I don't think anyone expected it to be in scale with the D or anything.

#65 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 10:14 PM

I KNOW,right?! I'll take a slightly smaller outta scael one,heck I'd even pay 150 bucks for one. Like I mentioned before,I didn't even know the ships they've made are actually in scale,lol. I'm almost hoping it was just a joke,who knows,right? lol

J-R!

#66 tuvok47

tuvok47

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 651 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 11:11 PM

The past DST ships aren't in scale, are they?

#67 Prometheus

Prometheus

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 11:54 PM

Not completely in scale.... The NX-01, TOS 1701, and Refit are all in scale to one another.... The B and Excelsiors are their own scale... The D and E are in scale to one another. I'm not sure if the BoP is in scale to anything. I personally would love to see a TNG Warbird in its own scale so it wouldn't have to be too big.

#68 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 12:03 AM

BTW.... I believe the NX-01 and 1701s are around 1/650th... I'm not positive though. The B and Excelsiors are definitely 1/1000th. The D and E are 1/1500th...and I'm not sure about the BoP.... Maybe 1/420 or around there????

#69 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 12:12 AM

Thanks for the clarification!

When I put all my ships next to each other they don't all look to be in scale to one another,lol. But I really don't know about that kinda thing. I see them on tv or in the movies and just see that this one's bigger than that one and so on. I know,I know,I should pay more attention,lol.

J-R!

#70 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 27 October 2014 - 12:35 AM

So based off some things I've read both here, and in the Q&As, it's not the Warbird, and it's not another Klingon ship.

Borg it is, then?

#71 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 12:42 AM

Not if they wanna do it in scale,lol! And they'd use just as much plastic as they would for a Warbird,and end up costing 140-150 for that one too. Maybe it's just a TOS BoP and Reliant. I'm gonna go with that,lol.

And I hope they have HUGE plans for the 50th anniversary,like Hallmark say they have.

J-R!

#72 tuvok47

tuvok47

• Members
  • 651 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 02:55 AM

I don't understand the concern about making the ship "in scale" when there's no commonality amongst the sizes of all the past releases.  Perhaps it's the double-hulled design of the ship itself that would take up too much plastic?

A while back, somebody from DST made a remark about being open to doing a Borg ship but having to work out the finer details of how to make it more than just a black plastic box for $70.

#73 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 04:02 AM

The Playmates Borg cube was a good idea for its day.... If DST did a cube they could do something more similar to the filming model.... Maybe by adding more detail panels and more details to the inner cube.

#74 Razorgeist

Razorgeist

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 06:41 AM

I hope its not the TOS Romulan BOP.  Playmates did it and if we need to have a TOS alien ship lets get the Klingon battlecruiser. Lets see a Jem'Hadar bug or Andorian battlecruiser before we see a Borg cube.

#75 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 10:45 AM

The Ktinga is long over due.

#76 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 27 October 2014 - 12:19 PM

That'd be the alien ship I'd like next, Kronos One.Then in whatever order, a Romulan Warbird and a Vor'cha class.

#77 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 01:26 PM

I really hope we don't get a TOS BoP. It's such a bland ship and playmates did a good enough job on it.

#78 Razorgeist

Razorgeist

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 02:33 PM

The Ktinga is long over due.

And How!

#79 Stormfury_Echo

Stormfury_Echo

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 05:28 PM

Look, if you're willing to drop over a bill for a ship, talk to a pro builder. Round 2's AMT/Ertl D'deridex is a decent enough model. Heck, I think Playmates made a great warbird. I loved mine as a kid.

#80 DSTZach

DSTZach

• VIP
  • 696 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 09:02 PM

We don't try to make ships specifically in scale, but we do try to make them more or less in relative scale, meaning bigger ships are bigger, etc. Too much plastic and the price goes through the roof, which can affect sales. Too small and the price we need to charge will seem too high, also affecting sales.

Prometheus, I may not have specifically stated each of your four points myself, but I feel like we've talked about all or most of them in the past. They're generally accurate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users