onebuckfilms's Content

There have been 18 items by onebuckfilms (Search limited from 28-April 23)

Sort by                Order  

#45244 Entertainment Earth exclusive TMP phaser

Posted by onebuckfilms on 03 September 2009 - 04:21 PM in AA / DST

This looks awesome. I might even prefer this to the WOK version.

Though I have TWOK uniform.

#44251 DST's TOS Tricorders!

Posted by onebuckfilms on 05 August 2009 - 10:37 AM in AA / DST

Well, I got the Science Tricorder at Comic-Con, and I like it.

The Moire motor is a little noisy, but aside from that, it looks good.

I managed to get one with Spock at the correct pitch, which was good, and I actually like the little handhend scanner device with te rotating color LED.

I might keep a Lollipop in the lower compartment for the sake of "Authenticity" smile.gif

#44250 twok phaser

Posted by onebuckfilms on 05 August 2009 - 10:17 AM in AA / DST

I gotta get me a phaser.

Communicator is more likely that not, IMHO, but may be halted if the Phaser doesn't sell well.

#42942 DST's TOS Tricorders!

Posted by onebuckfilms on 09 July 2009 - 09:53 AM in AA / DST

Same hear Oxnard.

I'm adding it to the Phaser and Communicator as props to go with the TOS Uniform I got from Star Trek: The Experience.

Basically, it's for Comic-Con and other conventions where appropriate.

Once I get the new movie uniform, I'll use the Playmatest Phaser and Communicator as props.

#42897 DST's TOS Tricorders!

Posted by onebuckfilms on 08 July 2009 - 03:40 PM in AA / DST

I'll be picking up the Science Tricorder at Comic-Con from the DST booth on preview night.

Since the scanner is a different design, I know that the lack of a rotating sensor won't be an issue, unlike the Medical.

I've seen the Medical, and dispite the hand crank medical scanner, I thought it was pretty good.

#42536 DST's TOS Tricorders!

Posted by onebuckfilms on 30 June 2009 - 04:31 PM in AA / DST

I think TrekMovie did a preview of sorts about upcomming products, and the Geo Tricorder was one of them.

#27169 DST Star Trek 3: TSFS phaser?

Posted by onebuckfilms on 14 October 2008 - 11:02 AM in AA / DST

I do know one thing, the TOS Phaser and Communicator are fantastic, especially the Communicator !!!

The Communicator looks and feels like the "real thing", and even the placement of the screws in the bottom matched the screw holes seen on screen.

The Phaser, with the exception of some holes for screws on one side, looks almost identical to the screen used item to me.

I was never a Toy collector or anything, but I do have Starfleet Uniforms for Comic-Con etc., and a Fan Film I have brewing, but I have become a fan of these.

To my mind, they are almost prop replicas, and if the Tricorder and TWOK Phaser match the quality of the Communicator and TOS Phasers, then I will be very happy.

As for the Star Trek III phaser, if this rumor is true, then it'll be great to see it done well.

Personally, I'd like to see a Communicator and/or Tricorder to go along with the TWOK phaser, but if they do a Star Trek III Phaser and Communicator, then that would be fantastic.

The Trek II communicator looks somewhat blocky.

#26972 DST TWOK phaser!

Posted by onebuckfilms on 07 October 2008 - 11:15 AM in AA / DST

Better and better.

#26642 DST TWOK phaser!

Posted by onebuckfilms on 26 September 2008 - 10:06 PM in AA / DST

Well I did it. I pre-ordered the WOK Phaser and Science Tricorder.

Should go nicely with my TOS Phaser and Communicator and Star Trek TOS and WOK uniforms from Star Trek: The Experience !!!!

#25885 DST Answers to questions on AA site

Posted by onebuckfilms on 05 September 2008 - 03:28 PM in AA / DST

There's another Q & A:
http://www.artasylum...9/ask-dst-trek/

Good news on the WOK Phaser.

#25884 DST Tribble!

Posted by onebuckfilms on 05 September 2008 - 03:25 PM in AA / DST

I just checked on the ArtAsylum.com web site, and got an answer as to what we can expect:

Martin Paternoster

What will be involved with the Star Trek TOS Electronic Tribble mentioned in the latest ship dates update? If it

#25866 Errr... DST to make a full sized TOS Capt Chair Replica?!

Posted by onebuckfilms on 04 September 2008 - 05:40 PM in AA / DST

I think the one at the Star Trek convention and Comic-Con is actually a Roddenberry Productions promo item. You can sign up to win it in a random drawing !!!

#25865 Errr... DST to make a full sized TOS Capt Chair Replica?!

Posted by onebuckfilms on 04 September 2008 - 05:38 PM in AA / DST

My marriage would be OVER if I got this !!!!!

I can imagine sitting in that chair, watching TOS reruns (in uniform), grinning from ear to ear, then turning around to see 2 men in white lab coats, and my wife tearily urging me to go with the nice men in the white coats ;-)

Actually, if I had the money, and nothing else to spend it on, it would be a great Computer chair.

#25864 TOS Tricorder

Posted by onebuckfilms on 04 September 2008 - 05:35 PM in AA / DST

I am so looking forward to completing my Troika.

If it matches the quality of the Communicator, I'll be extremely happy.

#25863 Free gift from DST, Scam or the Real Deal?

Posted by onebuckfilms on 04 September 2008 - 05:32 PM in AA / DST

I got my Genesis Khan figure for asking a question for the Q & A on ArtAsylum.com.

I ghave it to a good friend, but it was great to get a freebie for asking a question on their blog.

#25862 What excites you about DST's Trek toys?

Posted by onebuckfilms on 04 September 2008 - 05:25 PM in AA / DST

For me it's the Trek Tek replicas. And although they are great toys, I regard them as replicas, especially the Communicator.

There's a feeling with the Phaser of having it "for real", and they are great fun to have in hand with my Uniform at Comic-Con and the Trek convention.

3 items I want that are comming up:

- TOS Tricorder (Science, maybe a Medical as backup)
- WOK Phaser
- Tribbles !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#25859 DST Tribble!

Posted by onebuckfilms on 04 September 2008 - 05:10 PM in AA / DST

Now THIS sounds like fun !!!!!

#25858 New to the Club - Fan of the AA/DST Trek Tek replicas

Posted by onebuckfilms on 04 September 2008 - 04:54 PM in New Cadets, report here.

Well, I'm not a full on collector, but I love the DST/AA Phaser and Communicator.

Basically using these as accessories with my Uniforms (ST II/OS Captains, both from Star Trek: THe Experience).