• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 09:01 AM

Check this out....is this legit??? do the prototypes really have the iiiiiii on the foot?

http://cgi.ebay.com/...bayphotohosting

#2 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, performing (on stage), drawing, and collecting anything (24th century) Trek.

Posted 05 January 2009 - 11:57 AM

Good Lord! $800 for a figure?!? I couldn't bring myself to do it.

Thing is this though - I am not a big fan of how the packaging says "as seen in Yesterday's Enterprise" because the head is the same as the one they used for her original figure (as she was seen in season 1) and the uniform isn't modified to be a Yesterday's Enterprise uniform.

I know this didn't answer the question, just felt the need to comment on the eBay thing.

#3 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 12:10 PM

I thought it was a lot too... until I saw the other auctions from that person. wink.gif

#4 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 03:39 AM

Well, if someone is willing to pay that amount then it's obviously the right price!

But I have to point out you can buy Screen used props/costumes for less!

#5 landocolt45

landocolt45

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 11:27 AM

QUOTE (BadBunnyMike @ Jan 5 2009, 10:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Check this out....is this legit??? do the prototypes really have the iiiiiii on the foot?

http://cgi.ebay.com/...bayphotohosting

Trek prototypes are tough to verify at times as they are not well documented. Not sure if this is or just an error,but if it is real he will never get $800 for it. I mean a Palisades Gene & Kirk
boxed only sold for $500 recently.

#6 trek101

trek101

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 12:36 PM

QUOTE (landocolt45 @ Jan 23 2009, 11:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Trek prototypes are tough to verify at times as they are not well documented. Not sure if this is or just an error,but if it is real he will never get $800 for it. I mean a Palisades Gene & Kirk
boxed only sold for $500 recently.

I agree I have MOC 1701 Barclay that is a #50 out of 3,000 which is a pretty low number but still dosen't mean much, since they don't usually count the low numbers anymore on the bottom of the foot as making it anymore uniqe than the standard 1701 figure. At amazon recently they were actually asking more ($1250.) MOC for a Tapestry Picard that had a higer number as opposed to ($899.) MOC for one that had a lower number.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users