29 replies to this topic

#21 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 04:38 PM

QUOTE(Chalksquared @ Mar 30 2007, 06:44 AM) View Post

But... he was from England and all you non-Americans are weird like that!
wink.gif

roflmao.gif

Little snot.

#22 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 09:59 AM

QUOTE(Artistix @ Mar 22 2007, 04:50 PM) View Post
1. Jadzia or Ezri fan?
2. fave episodes & characters?
3. best villian?

1. When I found out spoilers by stupidly watching the extras on season 1 that Jadzia would die, I was crushed. But then came Ezri, and the world was never more right. wub.gif
wink.gif

2. Too many wonderful episodes to pick from..! I really don't think I could narrow it down that much! Character-wise, I always like Julian and never understood the animosity towards him.

3. I guess I'll have to go generically and answer Dukat. As a villain though, Winn does good, since I've always hated her (in all her evilness!). But Dukat was more interesting.

#23 Wildcard

Wildcard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 10:26 PM

Definately a Niner here! biggrin.gif

1. I liked them both for different reasons. I don't think I could honestly pick one over the other, although I did miss Jadzia

2. Favorite episodes: 1)What you Leave Behind, 2) Duets, 3) The Way of the Warrior

Favorite Characters: 1) Kira Nerys (fav female character of all Trek), 2) Dax (Jadzia OR Ezri...doesn't matter), 3) Bashir or O'Brien...liked them better when they were together than as individuals

3. Best Villan? Well, Since Garak was always one of those gray area characters and you can't exactly label Quark as a villain (anti-hero maybe), I'd have to say either Kai Winn (hated her, but darn good actress) or Dukat.

#24 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 07:21 PM

Do they show much 'behind the scenes' footage in the DVD collections?

I would love to see a behind the scenes of the promonade set.

#25 Wildcard

Wildcard

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 09:43 PM

^Not on the DVD's so much...but I do own a copy of the "DS9 Behind the Scenes" VHS (ISBN 0-7921-2837-0) hosted by Terry Farrell and filmed sometime between the 1st and 2nd season I think (they didn't show the Defiant). It was interesting and definately worth watching.

#26 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 05:06 PM

QUOTE(Wildcard @ Apr 14 2007, 01:43 PM) View Post
^Not on the DVD's so much...but I do own a copy of the "DS9 Behind the Scenes" VHS (ISBN 0-7921-2837-0) hosted by Terry Farrell

Sounds interesting. I'll have to keep my eyes open. Cheers.

#27 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, performing (on stage), drawing, and collecting anything (24th century) Trek.

Posted 16 April 2007 - 05:12 PM

QUOTE(Wildcard @ Apr 13 2007, 11:43 PM) View Post
^Not on the DVD's so much...but I do own a copy of the "DS9 Behind the Scenes" VHS (ISBN 0-7921-2837-0) hosted by Terry Farrell and filmed sometime between the 1st and 2nd season I think (they didn't show the Defiant). It was interesting and definately worth watching.

The thing I liked most about that tape you mention is how the showed the same scene without music and sound effects, then with just sound effects, and the the music added. That was interesting because you never realize just how much the music helps!

#28 Wildcard

Wildcard

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 12:55 PM

^EXACLTY! biggrin.gif Not to mention how much of the "background voices" aren't added in until post-production.

I just wish they had really shown more of the "behind the scenes" on sets like the Prominade or ops. You know how they do on the Harry Potter DVDs with the 360-degree tour of Hogwarts rooms...I wish they would've done that with Ops and some of the other sets.

#29 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 11:36 PM

QUOTE(Wildcard @ Apr 18 2007, 04:55 AM) View Post
You know how they do on the Harry Potter DVDs with the 360-degree tour of Hogwarts rooms...I wish they would've done that with Ops and some of the other sets.

They did?? I never looked at the extra features on my Potter DVD's!! Cheers.

#30 Wildcard

Wildcard

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 03:00 PM

They did on 1 and 2 at least...can't remember if they did on 3 and 4 or not unsure.gif It's basically something like a QTVR, if you know what that is, once you get in the room. They do show how you can move from some areas to others. It's not great detail (think fish eye lense quality), but it is neat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users