Posted 03 July 2009 - 03:38 AM

Best Wishes!

#22 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 04:40 AM

Way to go!! They grow up fast. My only advice is that if you put something off to tomorrow, make sure that it happens tomorrow. Tomorrows have a way of slipping away.

#23 The_Donster

The_Donster

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 03 July 2009 - 08:05 AM

Thanks guys for the well wishes. I just got off the phone with Mom and she said she didn't get any sleep, but it was the best nigh of her life biggrin.gif I'm heading off to the hospital after I get some coffee and stop pounding on the key boards laugh.gif While this is our first baby, this is my 3rd son. I have 2 boys from my previous marriage, Connor who is 16, going on 17 next month and Brendon, who just turned 13 last month. I unfortunately don't get to see them as much as I'd like, but I hope that will change once they grow up a bit unsure.gif So it's been awhile for me and it's pretty much like starting from scratch for me. I still remember some of the basics, burping, changing the diapers and all that. I'll probable leave a little earlier today, just so I can get to prepping the house for his arrival in a few days. Plus, have to make sure our dogs are nice and sedated because of the fireworks. Anyway, thanks for the well wishes and I'm off, but will check in on the forum from time to time on my phone. I figure once Trish eats, I'll have a little bonding time with Lex.

#24 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 01:19 PM

Congrats Donster!

#25 The_Donster

The_Donster

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 03 July 2009 - 03:32 PM

Thanks, I'll try and get some pics of him with his hat off. Sitting here chillin' after taking in some lunch. Going to head back up and check on them. Everyone has been in today, lol. On the brightside, he's passing all his tests with flying colors biggrin.gif

#26 pickard

pickard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 03:52 PM

Congratulations, Don!!!

#27 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 04:42 AM

Congratulations!

#28 The_Donster

The_Donster

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 08:26 AM

Thanks gang, quick post before I head to the hospital. As I reported in another forum, I have more pics and will try and post in the next few days. I spent the better part of last night moving furniture, cleaning the dogs bedding, sweeping and then cleaning our upstairs and master bathroom. Since he wasn't supposed to be due until the 9th, we had planned on me doing this over the weekend. Tonight I'll most likely do the same thing to the downstairs. The nice thing is everything but our bedding is ready for Mom & baby boy to come home tomorrow. Thanks again for all of the support. While I know I'm bias, he is awesome!!

#29 The_Donster

The_Donster

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 09:30 PM

QUOTE (VulcanFanatic @ Jul 4 2009, 04:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
With a newborn in the house, you can expect to forget what it feels like to get a good nights sleep for the forseeable future, especially if you plan to have more children. Come to think of it, you may forget a lot of things while your changing diapers, feeding the baby, burping the baby, bathing the Baby, going to the store to buy things for the Baby, going to work to support the Baby, and then giving the Wife a break from the Baby. If your hair is a little thin now, just wait a year or two.

Yeah, I hear you VF. I went to the grocery store to pick up some sandwiches, chicken, ready to eat stuff and some baby things and was blown away by what everything cost. There has been talk of another addition, but with Lex only being a few days old, it might be a bit premature tongue.gif Right now I'm downstairs with the dogs trying to keep everyone calm while she's upstairs with him. I'm going to make her a plate of food and give her a little break while she eats. Luckily Lex has been pretty great and slept a bit longer than he did in the hospital. She was able to sleep for a couple of hours, but definitely has more sleep to catch up. I stayed with them last night, but was of no real help unsure.gif Anyway, need to look at things, eat and report for burping duty. Oh, and I did take some pics of his hair for you too VF smile.gif

#30 The_Donster

The_Donster

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 03:16 AM

WOW!! I guess it's been awhile since I updated this huh.gif I've been mainly updating things on either Twitter or Facebook. When it comes to Lex things couldn't be better. He's growing like a weed and sleeps through the night. It seemed once he switched from Mom to formula, his sleeping pattern improved. He just had his first bowl of rice cereal today. I'll try and post some pics when I get a chance. I would do it now, but forgot to forward the pics from my phone before I came downstairs. VF, I haven't forgotten that pic with his hair, problem is he's got strawberry blonde hair and it doesn't show up very well laugh.gif Alright, going to make one more stop and call it a night.

#31 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 04:16 PM

QUOTE (The_Donster @ Oct 10 2009, 04:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WOW!! I guess it's been awhile since I updated this huh.gif I've been mainly updating things on either Twitter or Facebook. When it comes to Lex things couldn't be better. He's growing like a weed and sleeps through the night. It seemed once he switched from Mom to formula, his sleeping pattern improved. He just had his first bowl of rice cereal today. I'll try and post some pics when I get a chance. I would do it now, but forgot to forward the pics from my phone before I came downstairs. VF, I haven't forgotten that pic with his hair, problem is he's got strawberry blonde hair and it doesn't show up very well laugh.gif Alright, going to make one more stop and call it a night.

.....I'm a little late to the game but just wanted to wish you all the best and congratulations !!!

#32 The_Donster

The_Donster

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 12:58 AM

Thanks Prometheus, he truly is a awesome kid. I've uploaded some new pics on Facebook of Lex's 1st visit with Santa, but I thought I would share a couple of pics here too. As promised VF, there are pictures of with hair laugh.gif He's looking to have blonde-strawberry blonde hair and blue eyes. Like Harry Potter, he looks like his father except for the eyes to his Mom. To me, I think he looks like a mixture of both of us, the best of both of us. Depending on who we're with though, folks who know me or folks who know Trish, is dependent on which one of us he looks like most biggrin.gif

#33 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 01:40 AM

Cute kid !!! Great 1st year Santa pics !!!

#34 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 12 December 2009 - 02:29 AM

He is a cute kiddo! Awesome Santa pics! Looks like he enjoyed his visit the the Jolly ol' Elf!

#35 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 03:28 PM

NIce picts Don!

#36 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 04:20 PM

That is one cute little young'un(as Andy Griffith would say). Enjoy him while you have him, they dont stay young for long. Merry Christmas!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users