Photo

What's the Latest Addition to your Collection?

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#41 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 12:39 PM

39.00 for the set. You can look at the phaser in the background and tell they are not that small. They also have weight to them.

#42 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 05:34 PM

Picked this up at Star base Indy.

#43 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 12:47 PM

Playmates Voyager... biggrin.gif

You will never believe this one. One of my co workers (really nice guy) had a couple of Star Trek ships displyed in his office. One of them being a Playmates Voyager. I have commented before on how awesome it would be to find a Voyager and what a nice job playmates did with it. Well today I get to work and notice about 11:45 that behind my desk where I have most of my stuff displayed is sitting his NX-01 and his Playmates Voyager. I didn't even notice that this morning when I came in but apparently they were there when I got here. I went and asked him about it and he said he was minimizing his collection and wanted to help me complete mine. I was blown away. That is one of the coolest things anyone has ever given to me out of the blue like that. I am still in shock. biggrin.gif

#44 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 05 December 2006 - 01:25 AM

QUOTE(JMW326 @ Dec 4 2006, 12:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Playmates Voyager... biggrin.gif

You will never believe this one. One of my co workers (really nice guy) had a couple of Star Trek ships displyed in his office. One of them being a Playmates Voyager. I have commented before on how awesome it would be to find a Voyager and what a nice job playmates did with it. Well today I get to work and notice about 11:45 that behind my desk where I have most of my stuff displayed is sitting his NX-01 and his Playmates Voyager. I didn't even notice that this morning when I came in but apparently they were there when I got here. I went and asked him about it and he said he was minimizing his collection and wanted to help me complete mine. I was blown away. That is one of the coolest things anyone has ever given to me out of the blue like that. I am still in shock. biggrin.gif

Very cool JMW! What a nice guy!

#45 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 06:09 AM

Its always a good day when you get a good deal on a collectible, its a great day when you get one for free! I would love to chaeck out the Playmates voyager. I had some of the Playmates ships back in the 90's but sold them off many years ago. Would be nice to have them back and some of the ones i never got like the Voyager and the 1701.

#46 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 02:53 PM

Yeah the Voyager is great. It looks like new. I can't wait to bring some batteries in and see if all of the buttons work. The other one he gave me is an NX-01 that is electronic and is connected to a black stand and can be turned on and left on. It is just a slightly smaller then the AA NX-01 but I have never seen it before. The only thing it says on the bottom of the stand is the usual Paramount pictures all rights reserved stuff. I would really like to find out where it came from LOL.

Edit: After some searching on the web I found it. It is the lighted NX-01 Bandai model kit.

#47 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 07:37 PM

Just got this in the mail today!

#48 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 08:56 PM

That's what it looks like out of the box. tongue.gif

#49 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 10:20 PM

Yeah... It came MOC... but I just think it's a shame not to at least check it out! I'll put it back in the box, but I like playing w/ my toys! Besides... it was only $10... I'm thinking that it didn't really increase in value that much over all these years (I have no Idea what they retailed for)

#50 DST Trek Collector

DST Trek Collector

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 04:40 AM

I just got a playmates borg queen, MOC, for $3. (plus shipping to me which was $11, but i still think it was a good deal).

Also just recently got Pike with chair. I really like it, and the 'no neck' issue doesnt bother me at all.

#51 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 16 December 2006 - 08:20 PM

Back in the game!!!

Received a nice load of DST/AA goodness the other day...but only just got around to taking pics.

I am pretty damn impressed...I only had the Nemesis 2-pack for TNG, & the rest of the figures are just as sweet.

I really like the Picard & Wof figures. I think they both have great character likeness.
Riker is pretty good....maybe lacking slightly somewhere in looks, but still a great figure...as is Thomas.
Troi brings up the rear. One again a really nice figure, but I don't see much of Marina in her. The proto's seemed to have more detailed deeper, darker eyes...which brought out the actress, but this didn't really follow through.

The slight pre-posing of Troi's legs looks much nicer than the regular stance chosen for Picard, who is kinda bow legged...but you can hide that by turing him slightly to his side.

All in all...I am one happy bloody Aussie! I can't wait to finish the TNG set.

In the same order I also received a few figures from Buffy & Angel:
These are not near as good as the Trek line....but nice figures.

#52 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 09:23 AM

I picked up the Marvel legends Icons Spiderman Yesterday. This is one of my favorites so far.

#53 Totalus_Kat

Totalus_Kat

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 11:50 AM

Over the past few weeks i've been fleshing out my trek biggrin.gif and this week I got my Nemesis Worf and TNG casual Troi, all I need is blue shirt Troi and new NEM Picard just for the Borg Queen head and I've completed the TNG crew thus far.

I am not really going to bother the AGT variants or the variants with Worf in klingon garb, or Thomas Riker or the Picard in Captains Jacket... because both red shirt Picard and Jacket Picard have the same accesories so I don't really see the point. I will more than likely get them when they drop in price. But bring on Data, Geordie, Barclay, Beverly, Wes, Ro and Q biggrin.gif

cheers,
Tk

#54 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 12:10 PM

I picked up a Kirk Coffee Mug

#55 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 11:30 PM

Oooooo! My Signed Uhura Arrived! Nice!

#56 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 03:16 PM

Thats a really nice mug FHC.

I've been meaning to hunt down the TNG crew in mug form.
Did they make everyone from TOS & TNG?

TK, I wasn't really into the Captains Jacket figure....same accessories as S7 Picard...& I just didn't like the figure as much. But since he was in a package deal, I bought him...& now, since I own that figure....I'll have to buy them ALL! biggrin.gif

(Thats just my strange logic for you!)

#57 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 02:11 PM

I just picked up the Spiderman Classics Iron Spideman figure (the action figure not the one with cloth clothes). So far this has got to be my favorite Spiderman figure done in the Spiderman Classics/Spiderman Origins/Marvel Legends style of figures.

#58 MattP

MattP

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 04:15 PM

QUOTE(Artistix @ Dec 19 2006, 09:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thats a really nice mug FHC.

I've been meaning to hunt down the TNG crew in mug form.
Did they make everyone from TOS & TNG?

They made Riker, Worf, Data, Geordi, Troi & Crusher - alas no Picard though sad.gif

Just bought this off eBay for $10 which I thought wasn't too bad seeing as Intergalactic are selling them for $85 blink.gif

#59 Electricbolt

Electricbolt

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • Interests:Most Sci Fi, however a strong emphasis on Star Trek, Stargate, and Doctor Who.

Posted 04 February 2007 - 10:54 PM

I just ordered several comics tonight at a total of 40-some dollars (shipping and sales tax on those).

In my order:

Checkmate Vol 2 #1-5
Justice Society Of America Vol 3 #2
Giant-Size Spider-Woman #1

The 4 Comics I really want to mention here though are the following:

Battlestar Galactica #5 (Dynamite Entertainment)

Classic Battlestar Galactica #3 (Dynamite Entertainment)

Star Trek: The Next Generation - The Space Between #1

Star Trek/X-Men (Marvel Comics - 1996)

Finally got some Trek comics in my collection tongue.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users