Everyone check these out!

https://www.figures....ll-played-toys/

#42 RizzoPSU

RizzoPSU

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 24 February 2020 - 12:21 AM

So is this the official explanation directly from DST or just speculation?
...the coronavirus and factories that is, I can't figure out how to use quotes on my phone version.

#43 MisterPL

MisterPL

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 940 posts

Posted 24 February 2020 - 12:26 AM

Everyone check these out!

https://www.figures....ll-played-toys/

They're looking good. Now just tell me where and when!

Funny how Lost in Space was Star Trek's competition back in the 60's. Things haven't changed much.

#44 MisterPL

MisterPL

• Members
  • 940 posts

Posted 24 February 2020 - 12:34 AM

...the coronavirus and factories that is, I can't figure out how to use quotes on my phone version.

I haven't found anything official regarding the outbreak's affect on DST's manufacturing. They tend to keep info like that close to the vest anyway. It's obviously a potential factor until the virus is controlled and eliminated but their Trek line has been limping along on impulse maneuvering thrusters for years now. 

#45 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 24 February 2020 - 08:28 AM

I had a feeling something like that would happen.  Did Eaglemoss have a showing?

They did, but I didn't see any pictures of their booth other than the preview that showed up on twitter. 

The only new things there was the Orville stuff. 

Edit: scratch that, heres some pics of it. https://www.figures....hero-collector/

Like I said, no new Trek.

This is probably the worst year Trek has had at Toy Fair in a while, the only booth we don't know about is QMx since they didn't allow anyone to take pictures. They MAY have had some Trek stuff, but who knows. 

The only new Trek merchandise we saw were the dumbass cats, and I don't know how I feel about that. 

#46 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 24 February 2020 - 09:51 AM

If you channel your inner "Data" you'd love those cats!

#47 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 24 February 2020 - 10:16 AM

I love cats, just not those cats. 

#48 Sybeck1

Sybeck1

• Members
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 24 February 2020 - 12:44 PM

Terrible what's happened to Trek. Looking at videos action figures for Flash Gordon, The Phantom, Zorro, Tarzan are coming. Mezco is even taking a stab at Planet of the Apes. Sad state if Trek has nothing at the show

#49 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 24 February 2020 - 02:15 PM

My guess is Mezco will feel out the POTA line like they did with Trek... That Dr. Z looks great, but you need at least Tyler,  Zira and Cornelius to make a decent set!

#50 MisterPL

MisterPL

• Members
  • 940 posts

Posted 24 February 2020 - 03:25 PM

My guess is that collectors expect Cornelius, Zira, and Taylor. Showing Zaius is a show of good will from Mezco.

That said, my idea of a show of good will is offering the entire Enterprise bridge crew in one assortment.

#51 Razorgeist

Razorgeist

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 24 February 2020 - 05:56 PM

At this point its speculation.  I know theyve had factory issues before and the E-D was delayed due to the olympics so stuff like that can slow things down further.

This is probably the worst year Trek has had at Toy Fair in a while, the only booth we don't know about is QMx since they didn't allow anyone to take pictures. They MAY have had some Trek stuff, but who knows. 

I'd imagine comic con will have a better showing as EM will be spooling up the picard ship line.

#52 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 24 February 2020 - 06:18 PM

That said, my idea of a show of good will is offering the entire Enterprise bridge crew in one assortment.

Yeah... and we only got a Kirk, Sulu and Two Spocks from Mezco... and I really wanted that Casual Attire Kirk :-( 

If I thought we'd get a decent set of POA figures I might be in for them... but alas... Mezco lost my faith with the Trek.

#53 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 25 February 2020 - 05:28 AM

Eaglemoss has some product 

https://www.figures....hero-collector/

#54 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 26 February 2020 - 11:38 PM

Yeah... and we only got a Kirk, Sulu and Two Spocks from Mezco... and I really wanted that Casual Attire Kirk :-( 

If I thought we'd get a decent set of POA figures I might be in for them... but alas... Mezco lost my faith with the Trek.

There was 3 Spocks from Mezco, Regular, the Cage and Mirror Spock.

#55 RizzoPSU

RizzoPSU

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 02:42 AM

It doesn't matter....not one company put out any kind of cool Star Trek product. CBS/Viacom is going to lie about new shows, they don't understand and are grasping. DST and McFarlane will say; "Next Tuesday" for as long as they can over 10+ years while peddling the same "great product"....and it is, but they killed line by shitting themselves. Zach Oats didn't know how use this line. He was worse than Playmates Co.

#56 MisterPL

MisterPL

• Members
  • 940 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 07:47 AM

In all fairness, the recent reunification of CBS and Viacom may have interrupted the approval process, which is out of DST's hand. As a manufacturer, I'd have no problem being transparent enough to let consumers know but DST doesn't like to rock the boat. It seems like they perpetually walk on eggshells when it comes to dealing with their licensors.

I also don't believe Zach is involved enough in DST's development process. I don't know if it's because of his remote location (he's in NY while DST is in MD) or if it's because his role is restricted to a niche corner of marketing (writing copy, taking pretty pictures, and dealing with rabid end consumers). All I know is that he's not as "in the loop" as I'd expect him to be, and I can't blame him for that. The questions we usually ask are better answered by product managers, and that's obviously not Zach's role.

#57 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 02:06 PM

Yeah, I don't think its fair to disparage Zach, and like said, DST does still have and support the Role Play and some ship Re-issues... we had to know, from a toy perspective, the franchise was in trouble when they couldn't move 1701 figures... which is what was happening at the end. But they can't sell me more TOS phasers and communicators as great as they are I have enough of them!

Mezco, McFarlane dipped their toe in the pool and it was too frigid for them... even Rodenberry has left the collectible market... so now we just get Trek Cats and other Chachkies.

I'd have to say that QMX seems to be the only real option... mostly high end 1/6th scale... but that seems to be where its at :-(

#58 MisterPL

MisterPL

• Members
  • 940 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 03:11 PM

With a franchise as vast as Star Trek, when it comes to action figures, smaller is better. It allows for playsets, some vehicles, and collectors will need room for all that merch.

Unfortunately, DST has no interest in the 3 3/4" scale, preferring to stick with 7". And while they had no problem offering some pretty impressive dioramas for Ghostbusters, they refused to offer any such buildable playsets for Star Trek. Yes, a 7" scale bridge would be massive but when even Ghostbusters collectors are making room for a rooftop that's almost three feet wide or a firehouse that's about two feet tall, DST should be able to figure out a way to get something to Trek fans.

And no, this doesn't count:

https://www.amazon.c...n/dp/B009N9QDWI

#59 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 04:17 PM

I still want my Yomen Rand and Nurse Chapel! 

#60 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 08:03 PM

Mego is still putting out Star Trek product if your into Mego.the Mego TWOK figures have been some of the best Star Trek figures I've seen in awhile.They are very affordable as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users