55 replies to this topic

#21 Pauln6

Pauln6

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 02:58 AM

QUOTE (A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees @ Apr 22 2009, 02:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually if they were doing 2-pack re-releases, what I would've liked to see is...

Kirk/Rand
Spock/McCoy
Sulu/Chekov
Uhura/Scotty
Medical McCoy/Chapel

Taken Rand & Chapel out of wave 5 and replace them w/ the Enterprise Incident Kirk and Romulan Commander, who still don't have a home.
It would have gotten Chekov out, who is conspicuously absent, still given us Rand and Chapel, and left a potentially open slot in wave 5 if they wanted to also replace the stand-alone Medical McCoy with something else. It would've also forced a bump in sales for the Kirk/Rand 2-pack and the Medical McCoy / Chapel (combating Kirk fatigue and the rather obscure McCoy variant) for those who really want R & C.

Those were the 2-packs I was expecting albeit with two versions of Kirk rather than McCoy (maybe evil Kirk in the Rand pack). I'm more of a movie fan myself but these are very tempting, especially with Chapel and Rand as part of Wave 5. I'm also keeping my fingers crossed for similar TMP 2-packs with Decker and Ilia added to the mix

#22 Scarlet Spider

Scarlet Spider

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 05:17 AM

It is very good to be a TOS fan right now, it seems like everyday something new is being announced. Which is great, anything to get people interested and buying DST. These two packs have made me even consider getting into TOS... but I think if I branched out to collecting other trek stuff, it would be ships...

SS

#23 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 07:09 AM

I'm loving this.

There is really no design / tooling cost for DST to absorb. These were great figures when they were 1st released and they are still high among my favs of all the figures done by AA or DST.

These are what hooked me on AA in the 1st place. DST took out some (IMO) important POA that these had.

Hopefully, these will generate some income for DST and they will be willing to risk a few more TNG, DS9 and VOY figures.

I'd still like to see all of ENT duty uniform bridge crew re-done (or in the case of Hoshi, done at all), but I realize that is a pipe dream.

#24 Mason

Mason

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 423 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek, Collecting Action Figures, Collecting DVD's

Posted 23 April 2009 - 07:28 AM

QUOTE (Gothneo @ Apr 23 2009, 11:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd still like to see all of ENT duty uniform bridge crew re-done (or in the case of Hoshi, done at all), but I realize that is a pipe dream.

*sigh* I hear ya Gothneo!! They already have head sculpts for Hoshi and Phlox (actually I wonder if they ever actually did body sculpts but we just havent seen any pics...). Maybe one day... sad.gif

#25 Scarlet Spider

Scarlet Spider

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 07:31 AM

There may be some hope though, the Salt Vamp. was canceled (and apparently lost) for a long while and then... BAM! A TOS "Thank You" wave that had her in it. Maybe (just maybe) DST will bust out the Mayweather bridge component and finish off ENT.

SS

#26 Mason

Mason

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 423 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek, Collecting Action Figures, Collecting DVD's

Posted 23 April 2009 - 07:42 AM

I wonder if DST has plans to re-issue any other AA figures (TOS, ENT or otherwise)...maybe if these re-issues sell well, we might see more.

#27 Hirogen

Hirogen

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 09:38 AM

This is great for people who missed out on the first run. I have to say, I would be more inclined to purchase these if they were in scale with the other DST Trek...but oh well. Maybe I will just pick them up anyway. smile.gif

#28 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 10:24 AM

Well... I don't want ENT "Re-Issues" I want them redone! The mid body "rubber Diapers" they all wear actually hinder the Articulation and don't really match the color of the rest of the figure, so I'd like to see an ENT crew in duty uniform with articulation like we got on some of the BSG stuff!

#29 Scarlet Spider

Scarlet Spider

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 10:44 AM

QUOTE (Gothneo @ Apr 23 2009, 10:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well... I don't want ENT "Re-Issues" I want them redone! The mid body "rubber Diapers" they all wear actually hinder the Articulation and don't really match the color of the rest of the figure, so I'd like to see an ENT crew in duty uniform with articulation like we got on some of the BSG stuff!

Boy, you don't want much do you? tongue.gif Yeah, I picked up a couple of Archers w/Chairs a long time ago and I remember not liking the figures that much. The head sculpts were great but the body left a lot to be desired...

SS

#30 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 12:41 PM

I know! I said it was a pipe dream!

There's nothing wrong with the upper body and from the mid-thigh's down... I've been pondering trying to find some figure I can cut up and put a ENT top/bottom on and resculpt everything in between, but that's a pretty ambitious project!

#31 Sybeck1

Sybeck1

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 08:49 AM

Well the release date listed on these at DST is July 15th. With nothing shown of finished packages, you have to think this will be October releases.

#32 AdmiralNogura

AdmiralNogura

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 05:49 AM

Yesterday, I called all of the TRUs in my area (Pittsburgh, PA) and no location has these in yet.

Do I remember reading that along with these two-packs, Scotty, Uhura and Sulu will also be available as singles exclusively to TRU? Or did I dream that?? Hoping I didn't. I don't need another Kirk, Spock or McCoy.

#33 AdmiralNogura

AdmiralNogura

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 12:30 PM

Rechecked the DST site...the release date for these two-packs has JUST been delayed and is now July 22nd. Let's hope the new date sticks.

#34 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 12:52 PM

QUOTE (AdmiralNogura @ Jul 16 2009, 04:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yesterday, I called all of the TRUs in my area (Pittsburgh, PA) and no location has these in yet.

Do I remember reading that along with these two-packs, Scotty, Uhura and Sulu will also be available as singles exclusively to TRU? Or did I dream that?? Hoping I didn't. I don't need another Kirk, Spock or McCoy.

They did say that they will be will be released individually, but the next wave is Mirror Kirk, Mirror Spock, and Kang...so you might have to wait a little bit for them.

#35 AdmiralNogura

AdmiralNogura

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 09:31 PM

Thanks, BadBunnyMike. I was aware of the TRU Wave 4 figs, but thought the singles might simply be exclusives released alongside the two-packs. I now see a single Scotty is among the figs in TRU Wave 5, so I guess that definitely won't be the case. I'll probably just buy the two packs if the gold and red paint apps are finally uniformed. I guess I can deal with having an extra Kirk, Spock and McCoy lying around. :-P

#36 sallah

sallah

Herbert.

• Members
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 10:52 AM

Picked these up today! A neat little tidbit- amongst the 3 packs you get all the Phaser variations! Kirk has bronze, Sulu has gray, Scotty has white, & Spock has black!

Sallah

#37 LocutusOfTuborg

LocutusOfTuborg

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 11:01 AM

QUOTE (sallah @ Jul 22 2009, 04:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Picked these up today! A neat little tidbit- amongst the 3 packs you get all the Phaser variations! Kirk has bronze, Sulu has gray, Scotty has white, & Spock has black!

Sallah

He Sallah,

that sounds like fun. Different phasers... DST is outdoing themselfs again wink.gif

Could you post pictures of the figures on card and the card back as well?

LoT

#38 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 11:06 AM

That's pretty cool, do they come with anything else?

#39 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 11:41 AM

Yes please post some good pictures of the Carded figures for use on the Ref site! Thanks!

#40 Sybeck1

Sybeck1

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 12:09 PM

QUOTE (sallah @ Jul 22 2009, 11:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sallah

Where? TRU?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users