PLAYMATES SHIPS

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 dar1701

dar1701

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 12:14 AM

I HAVE THE NCC-1701-D AND THE KLINGON CRUSER AS WELL AS THE AA 1701-A AND THE NX-01 ALSO AS A FOOTNOTE, HAVE THE 1701-E BANDI WITH STAND WHICH IS SO COOL!!!!!

SAW THE ROMULAN WARBIRD AT A FLEA MARKET BUT DIDNT GET IT NOW I AM REGRTING IT

JUST ORDERED THE 1701 TOS AA SHIP LAST NIGHT

#2 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 06 May 2007 - 07:58 AM

I think the Romulan Warbird is one my all-time favorite Playmates ships. I loved the sounds and lights. She was a killer to dust though with that gap in between those wings.

#3 Picard5

Picard5

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 09:41 PM

Are there any good images of these ships loose? Thanks.

#4 Wildcard

Wildcard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 10:08 PM

I did a google search and found this website. It's in French (I think) but he has some decent OOP pictures of ships.

http://www.sicqnus.com/strekps.html

#5 Picard5

Picard5

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 07:19 AM

Thanks for the link. Those are some great pictures of the ships. smile.gif

#6 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 02 June 2007 - 02:36 PM

Its interesting that the site lists an AA Reliant.

#7 Wildcard

Wildcard

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 05:09 AM

^Waaaaay back on the old AA boards there had been rumblings of the Reliant coming out after the ENT-A. Of course that idea has yet to come to fruition (obviously) so I think he might have been jumping the gun when the site was created. Either that or he's more privy to hush-hush information than we are. wink.gif

#8 Hirogen

Hirogen

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 08:25 AM

QUOTE(Picard5 @ Jun 1 2007, 06:19 AM) View Post
Thanks for the link. Those are some great pictures of the ships. smile.gif

Agreed, thank you.

#9 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 08:33 AM

QUOTE(Wildcard @ Jun 3 2007, 07:09 AM) View Post
^Waaaaay back on the old AA boards there had been rumblings of the Reliant coming out after the ENT-A. Of course that idea has yet to come to fruition (obviously) so I think he might have been jumping the gun when the site was created. Either that or he's more privy to hush-hush information than we are. wink.gif

I would say that if there ever was a time during the AA/DST Star Trek license for a Reliant to see the light of day, it is now with the TWOK line seeming to go full steam ahead. Its seems that TOS is the favorite for DST, so with the good numbers of sales of the TOS 1701's, it could be a possibility to see a Reliant. I would rather get a 1701-D, and perhaps we will get both eventually.

#10 BradMan

BradMan

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 08:32 AM

The Playmates ships are the one thing I have been replacing with new AA/DST stuff rather than just adding to it. As great as they were at the time, the new NCC-1701 and NCC-1701-E are leaps and bounds ahead of the quality of Playmates' version.

Though I will say that the Playmates USS Defiant is pretty spot on and one of the best sips ever produced, IMO.

#11 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 09:43 PM

While the PM Defiant is nice, I'm confident AA and DST can do even better. I'm eager for them to release their version one of these days.

#12 BradMan

BradMan

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 11:34 PM

Knightone, I couldn't agree more.

With a 5th wave of TNG figures solicited DST could get the Enterprise D out so that people don't revolt, and then with the DS9 line hopefully going strong at that point it will be time for the Defiant.

#13 skeletor

skeletor

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 03:38 PM

thats an awesome link with all the cool ships smile.gif

I only had the first Enterprise D but I'd love to get some of the others. I love that klingong bird of prey!
Did the wings go up and down or are they just in that one position?

Does anyone have the strike froce enterprise D? I hear it detaches and the top opens up to reveal the bridge?
Does anyone have any pictures of it? I've been thining about getting on ebay.

#14 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, performing (on stage), drawing, and collecting anything (24th century) Trek.

Posted 22 October 2007 - 10:38 AM

QUOTE(skeletor @ Oct 21 2007, 05:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does anyone have the strike froce enterprise D? I hear it detaches and the top opens up to reveal the bridge?
Does anyone have any pictures of it? I've been thining about getting on ebay.

The Strike Force Enterprise D does open up, but it is a poor replica of the bridge, BUT understandable with size constraints. It is the captain's chair and the conn station (just like on the Strike Force Defiant). Go for Playmates InnerSpace (I am not sure the name of the line... was that is?) Enterprise. THAT has a sweet bridge (and other rooms).

#15 Wildcard

Wildcard

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 02:11 PM

HERE'S a website with some decent shots comparing the Strike Force line to the Innerspace.

I only bought the medical tricorder innerspace. I was so underwhelmed that I just didn't even bother with the others. I mean, it was an interesting trend at the time, but the lack of accuracy and detail just didn't make me want to waste more of my money.

#16 skeletor

skeletor

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 05:16 PM

THanks for the link smile.gif

Yeah, I won't be buying them lol. Not too exciting.

I'd love to get the space talk enterprise tho, but it sucks that it doesnt light up at all?

#17 Wildcard

Wildcard

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 01:16 AM

^I don't think it did. The only PM ENT-D I own is the original first run...and it didn't even come with a stand. sad.gif Though I have to admit that I did like the PM Voyager...the nacel action is one of the coolest things ever. The DS9 itself was also well done w/ the in-scale ENT-D.

#18 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, performing (on stage), drawing, and collecting anything (24th century) Trek.

Posted 27 October 2007 - 11:03 AM

QUOTE(Wildcard @ Oct 22 2007, 04:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I only bought the medical tricorder innerspace. I was so underwhelmed that I just didn't even bother with the others. I mean, it was an interesting trend at the time, but the lack of accuracy and detail just didn't make me want to waste more of my money.

Well, I had to get the Medical Tricorder to get Dr. Crusher to complete my crew for the bridge and to this day, it is still one of my favorite toys.

#19 Wildcard

Wildcard

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 08:46 PM

^the bridge or the medical tricorder?

I actually liked the sick bay itself...but the rest of the line just wasn't my cup o tea. I thought about getting some fo the ships and even the ENT-D for the bridge. But like I said, I just wasn't motivated enough to put it on the priority list. Maybe one day LOL

#20 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 09:23 AM

QUOTE(Wildcard @ Oct 28 2007, 10:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
^the bridge or the medical tricorder?

I had to buy the tricorder because it was the only way to get a Dr. Crusher. I think Picard, Data, and Riker came with the bridge. Worf came with the phaser. Geordi and Troi with the shuttlecraft. I threw in Q as the helmsman because he was in red. If I could take pictures, I would.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users