• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dathon18

dathon18

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:58 PM

Ever since I got back into collecting the Playmates line of figures a few years ago, I've really been going after the Canadian packaging variants. Just about all of them are pretty scarce. I will normally see one or two of each figure on ebay in a years time. Slowly but surely I've been filling holes in my collection, but have had terrible luck with the Canadian figures. I finally find one in good shape (no easy task!), ask the seller to pack it well in a sturdy box, and then the figure arrives crunched because the seller did a half ass packing job! AAARRRGHH!!  A little while back I won a very rare Canadian Gorn figure, and specifically asked the seller to pack it well in a sturdy box, and it shows up in a bubble mailer looking like a 10 year old dollar bill! He said "no refund", but I told him that he was getting it back since I specifically asked him to pack it well. Finally after filing a claim with paypal I got my money back. Then I found a very nice DS9 Thomas Riker on 7th Season TNG backer card from a guy that I've dealt with many times.  He did a great packing job, but unfortunately that was the package that the USPS decided to run over with a forklift! Thankfully he insured it, and I got my money back. Now today I get a very hard to find Canadian Vorgon w/pog on 7th season TNG backer card, and as soon as I see the box, my heart sinks.....  crunch city! Once again I had specifically asked the seller to pack it well in a sturdy box, and even offered to pay more shipping to make sure its packed well. So of course it shows up in a flimsy box with zero padding! How hard is this folks??? His listing says "no refunds", but I told him that I want one. We'll see where it goes. I'll buy commen figures and they show up in fine shape. I buy a hard to find Canadian figure, and it gets destroyed outright by the USPS, or due to poor packing by the seller. Some days I just want to scream, and today is one of them! Rant off..... Fred K.

#2 Jpatrik

Jpatrik

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 147 posts
  • Interests:Sci-Fi, Star Trek, Fitness, Writing, World Domination

Posted 31 December 2013 - 11:29 PM

Rant on my friend!

As a collector of playmates figures, I cant help but shake the perception that they are somehow 'unwanted' in view of the way they are treated by some sellers.

I have received figures mangled, mouldy and from heavy smokers on a number of occasions and as petty as it sounds, it breaks my heart.

Its about perception.  You and I perceive these figures as valuable.  Others don't.  When those two disparate beliefs collide = badness.

I guess I believe that even an unwanted object should be treated with respect (if only for all the resources expended to create it) and given/sold to someone who will treasure it.

- Jim

#3 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:09 PM

Oh, then count me in with you two. I love my playmates.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users