Star Trek Micro Machines

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#61 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 14 July 2013 - 12:12 PM

Fantastic looking over this thread, so many memories of being a kid again. To me and my bunch of friends at junior school, these were like our version of pogs/trading cards - we were swapping ships all the time! Still got a ton of loose ones around somewhere, as well as the Bronze Enterprises, runabout and shuttle, still in it's box (near-mint condition as well). Would love to see them made again using today's modern standards. :)

#62 Gi Jeff

Gi Jeff

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Star Trek, indiana jones and DC superheroes.

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:17 AM

Man I wish I would have kept these.
I had all the micros and I managed to score them at retail.
I even had multiples of some of the harder ships.
Didnt think they would be so hard to get later.
I sold or traded them all years ago.
I do somewhere have a defiant, voyager, and all the enterprises but E somewhere but I havnt found them as of yet.
I did find my aliens micro drop ship.

#63 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 05:01 PM

Holy crap... I'm too much of a hoarder to sell any of them, but I have a little plastic utility box that's probably worth it's weight in Gold-Pressed-Latinum if these are the prices that single, loose, Galoob MicroMachines are going for!

#64 Morgan

Morgan

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 744 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 02:10 PM

The not-often-seen Franco-Germanic packaging. Some spirited bidding drove this example up to $14.22 excluding shipping from Yurrp. And that, as we all know, is a bargain when it comes to Star Trek Micro Machines, which are worth more than sterling silver per ounce still, in 2017.

uQVYJN8.jpg

#65 Morgan

Morgan

• Members
  • 744 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 09:29 PM

Set XI, aka the one with that blasted HMS Bounty, Farragut and Spacedock Shuttle sold for $28.51 w/out shipping from the UK recently.

Very well bought all things considered, because unopened sets with that Bounty are worth their weight in... certainly sterling silver if not gold. (Even I don't have a Bounty).

http://ebay.to/2uHZI4d

#66 Morgan

Morgan

• Members
  • 744 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 08:14 PM

Here are a couple solid sales indicate of where some desirable Micro Machines are trending: set XI with the Bounty brought $25.80 + $12.29 shipping while the bottom Voyager set brought $31.00 + $12.29 shipping, both from the same seller.

Well bought on that Bounty set -- that's still a bit of a bargain -- while the Voyager set achieved an impressive result after 7 bids.

UuNyizA.jpg

#67 Morgan

Morgan

• Members
  • 744 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 06:36 PM

Here's something of a rarity, even in this relatively well-saturated market: the small set with the Enterprise-A, which I never saw in stores back when these were new. (I don't think these were foreign market, but I am not sure).

Unsold on eBay with a starting price of $46.00. Perhaps something for the packaging maniacs only.

IpIJdtm.jpg

#68 Matty-lad

Matty-lad

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 08:14 AM

Here's something of a rarity, even in this relatively well-saturated market: the small set with the Enterprise-A, which I never saw in stores back when these were new. (I don't think these were foreign market, but I am not sure).

Unsold on eBay with a starting price of $46.00. Perhaps something for the packaging maniacs only.

IpIJdtm.jpg

These were released over here in the UK and were only available in Argos stores as far as I remember. I know it's in my collection somewhere.

Take care,

Matty-lad

#69 Morgan

Morgan

• Members
  • 744 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 07:25 PM

Thanks for the info, I had a feeling these were Euro-market or something, but I wasn't sure. Very cool set -- it's like a difference between American and European food portions in restaurants : )

#70 Morgan

Morgan

• Members
  • 744 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 06:44 PM

A loose USS Voyager micro machine sold for $25.00 + $2.61 shipping in the last quarter of 2017. That's a pretty strong result, all things, considered, and quite a bit north of 1/3 price for an MIB 3-pack with the same Voyager in it.

This remains one of the 3 or 4 rarest Micro Machine 3-packs, and it's still drawing plenty of bids.

#71 Morgan

Morgan

• Members
  • 744 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 04:51 PM

Collector's Set III (the one with the Enterprise-E) sold for $102.50 plus free shipping recently.

These have been holding their values well pretty much since the early 2000s. It's amazing how figures have plummeted but Micro Machines are worth their weight in sterling silver if not gold.

However long this link lasts: https://www.ebay.com...cvip=true&rt=nc

#72 Morgan

Morgan

• Members
  • 744 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 06:47 PM

Galoob's Collector's Set III (the one with the Enterprise-E) with individual number 38185 brought $95.99 + $13.65 shipping in the closing weeks of 2017.

I was never too fond of this set, mostly due to the low number of ships, the way the E was done, and that it didn't include the damned HMS Bounty. But dang, what else brings this kind of money in 2017? There was so much more that Micro Machines line could have done, given what the Eaglemoss line is doing now. The demand for these has been so strong for the last two decades.

However long this link lasts: https://www.ebay.com...353.m1438.l2649

#73 Morgan

Morgan

• Members
  • 744 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 09:09 PM

Single USS Voyager micro machine, loose, brought $29.00 + $10.28 shipping.

Yeah, this is still one of those things that despite some alternatives from Furuta & Eaglemoss & some others is just bringing solid money. This is not Galoob's best effort -- I remember I was pretty underwhelmed when it came out because it was so flat, they screwed up the sculpting of the rear "fin" section behind the bridge, and the pivoting nacelles were a visual nightmare. Some of these micro machines don't age well, so there are now plenty with missing nacelles.

I now kinda feel lucky that I was able to freely find these when they just came out. Wonderful memories of playing with these.

#74 djc242

djc242

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 585 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 01:19 AM

Voyager had some problems, but as a kid I loved the moving nacelles so that made me look past her flaws.

The biggest disappointment for me was the Defiant. The sculpt was weird and that underside was just wrong, and not even painted.

#75 Morgan

Morgan

• Members
  • 744 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 05:39 PM

That's true, the Defiant Micro Machine, even though it's one of my top 10 faves, is weirdly flawed: the deflector is closed off, the underside has weird lines, the nacelles are odd.

I think it was sculpted by someone who had seen the side view and the top view, but not the front or the underside. That's the most plausible explanation, to be honest.

#76 Jay K

Jay K

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 18 January 2018 - 07:12 PM

Agree with both of you.

#77 Morgan

Morgan

• Members
  • 744 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 08:11 PM

Collector Set III, the one with the Enterprise-E, sold for $138.00 + $9.26 shipping, after 22 bids.

That's a lot of bids, guise. And a strong price. What is with the demand for these things in 2018?

#78 Morgan

Morgan

• Members
  • 744 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 09:51 PM

Collector Set III, the one with the Enterprise-E, went for $164.95 + $15.00 shipping, after 1 bid.

Not completely deranged, surely there are some cheaper ways into Set III ownership and certainly toward the high end of the range at the moment, given last month's result referenced above.

It's amazing just how much in demand this set still is, in 2018. The first set was on the market for quite some time, and it appears that Sets II and III were on shelves for quite shorter periods of time.

#79 Morgan

Morgan

• Members
  • 744 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 08:18 PM

Collector Set II, the one with the All Good Things ships, went for $22.50 + $15.00 after 5 bids. Ships not tied down inside, so they've been out, but complete and clean.

Not a lot of money for Set II, to be honest. This is more like Set I pricing. Well bought(!)

#80 Morgan

Morgan

• Members
  • 744 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 02:59 PM

Voyager set XIII, with Voyager, Maquis ship and Kazon fighter sold for $40.00 + $5.00 shipping after 14 bids.

This is about average these days, perhaps a little on the low side as these can easily top $50.00.

This is proving to be as good as cash these days, despite everything. It's interesting how much demand there is for some of these sets.

However long this link lasts: https://www.ebay.com...5.m43663.l10137

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users