Sgt. Stinky's Content

There have been 14 items by Sgt. Stinky (Search limited from 30-April 23)

Sort by                Order  

#61275 DST/Emce Retro Trek line

Posted by Sgt. Stinky on 02 April 2012 - 01:56 PM in AA / DST

I am very happy! I just picked up Retro Spock and Andorian this past weekend at Gem City Comic-Con in Dayton, Ohio. I still have a ways to go but the hunt is part of the fund. I have the originals from 40 years ago but they are in near mint condition. I can play with these new retros. wink.gif

#61217 DST Facebook watch

Posted by Sgt. Stinky on 22 March 2012 - 07:41 AM in AA / DST

I, too, Artistix, have wholes I can fill, particularly on the retro figures. I have the first wave of original Mego figures pretty much in mint condition but I don't dare mess with them too much for fear of breakage do to age. I have Retro Kirk, Scotty and a Cheron (both of which I won on a contest on this very forum!). I don't like shopping for things online because the condition is a crap shoot most times. I just miss finding them in stores-big box or comicbook. I have been pulling my old Playmates figures out of the attic lately just to get my Star Trek fix. Lol. I will defintely be getting the Retro Picard and Borg.

#61197 DST Facebook watch

Posted by Sgt. Stinky on 20 March 2012 - 03:20 PM in AA / DST

I would kill for new figures!!!! I am in a Star Trek "mode" again after a long off period for me and there is nothing to buy new. Frustrating!

#61036 Fun with head swaps

Posted by Sgt. Stinky on 01 March 2012 - 07:57 AM in Custom figures

My pleasure!! Your welcome!

#61027 Fun with head swaps

Posted by Sgt. Stinky on 29 February 2012 - 08:04 AM in Custom figures

Well I can't believe I just bought 4 TOS wave 5 Kirks so I could swap all the heads on my other Kirks. BBTS have them on clearance for $2.06. I couldn't resist!!! I love the new sculpt on the other bodies. Looks much more like Shatner and it instantly makes him more the right height since the head is bigger. It drove me crazy that Chekov was always taller! Now he looks just right. smile.gif

#59631 The Happy Birthday Thread!!

Posted by Sgt. Stinky on 29 September 2011 - 11:51 AM in Random thoughts.

Thanks guys! I am going to celebrate by watching "The Naked Time" which aired on my 1st birthday and "The Changeling" which aired on my 2nd birthday!

#59301 DC Universe

Posted by Sgt. Stinky on 01 September 2011 - 01:55 PM in Everything else.

According to Matty's Facebook page today the sub is going through despite not being 100% sold. They said they found a way to make it work! They may even reopen the sub for additional sign ups. I really need to see if I can make that happen if they do. No matter what I will get that Jay Garrick even though it will cost non-subscribers more, which frankly, I don't mind if I am only going to be a cherry picker.

#59280 DC Universe

Posted by Sgt. Stinky on 31 August 2011 - 12:53 PM in Everything else.

Well I took the first step in redirecting my collecting dollars today away from DCUC. I Still want the entire wave 19 and probably 20 but I didn't get any of 17 and haven't picked up any 18 yet- though I do want Captain Boomerang, Toyman, and Bronze Tiger. I am going to start weening myself off DCUC since it is ending as we currently know it. I made a large purchase of MU today. I have no desire to get them all. I just liked the ones I saw. Today-I have officially become a cherry picker. smile.gif

#58958 DC Universe

Posted by Sgt. Stinky on 11 August 2011 - 02:28 PM in Everything else.

I would love to see the sub succeed but I just can't sign up for it. We keep our one credit card under lock and key. My wife wasn't keen on getting a monthly charge happening for my hobby and I don't blame her. We had problems w/ debt a few years ago and now all we have is our mortgage and a very tight budget control. I still get to do my hobby. I just make wiser decisions about it. I read today that the new 2012 6 inch line at retail is going to be a mainstream-Mom/kid friendly line. Yawn. I guess my DCUC collecting days are soon over. I really wanted to complete The Doom Patrol and Metal Men. Jay Garick Flash was the only JSA'er I was waiting for after wave 19's JSA heavy wave comes out. Now no chance for him unless something drastically changes in the next few days on that thermometer, which Mattel confirmed must be full for the sub to go forward. Aaaargh! I hate when toy lines I love end.

#58850 DC Universe

Posted by Sgt. Stinky on 04 August 2011 - 06:02 AM in Everything else.

I am sad. There is only one day to go and the thermometer to track DCUC sub sales isn't even to 40% yet. Toyguru said in ask Matty that it must reach 100% for the subscription club to go foward. I don't see that happenning with one day to go. RIP DCUC. I will miss you after Wave 20 early next year. Man I really wanted Jay Garrick Flash. Now I have to hope he comes out in 2013 in the regular retail line that is being "rebranded" next year. I really don't think I'll be buying any of the relaunched line since it seems they are going to be making the relaunched DC characters in their spiffy new 1990's looking outfits as the main releases w/ maybe some classics thrown in the mix. I don't mind them getting rid of the C-n-C figures or the themed waves but I love the classic figures. I will be sampling the new DC but man there was nothing wrong w/ the old. I know sales on comics are terrible these days but I think this relaunch will cause a short term bump and then back to normal. We will see.

#58388 DC Universe

Posted by Sgt. Stinky on 05 July 2011 - 12:26 PM in Everything else.

QUOTE (JMW326 @ Jul 5 2011, 11:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
FYI the master license ending in 2012 has been debunked by Matty.

That is very good news! I love this line. Thanks. I admit I am looking foward to seeing what they do. I just bristle at Detective Comics and Action Comics being renumbered. If the stories are good then that's all that matters really.

#58386 DC Universe

Posted by Sgt. Stinky on 05 July 2011 - 07:35 AM in Everything else.

I just finished reading various Mattel Q & As on several toy sites. Main question asked was how the DC relaunch and redesigned characters would effect DCUC. They said they are readjusting their 2012 waves to take advantage to refresh classic characters. I am not sure how I feel about this (or the relaunch for that matter). There are still so many characters I want and teams to finish. I hope they don't get pushed aside. Mattel hasn't even stated if the will carry the line past 2012 when the master license is slated to end. I hope they do.

#58182 Summer Movie Toys 2011

Posted by Sgt. Stinky on 10 June 2011 - 07:13 AM in Everything else.

If the GL line is sucessful it will probably because the movie winds up being sucessful. The articulation bothers me too but I think about the age group these are aimed at and I don't know if it is that big of deal. When I was a kid a toy line came out for a little movie I loved and the figures had about the same articulation. The movie did pretty well and so did the toys. What was that movie......I know it happened a long time ago and I think in a galaxy far, far away.. biggrin.gif . We will see.

#57723 And the Mego Figure Spotlight shines on...

Posted by Sgt. Stinky on 11 April 2011 - 02:27 PM in Mego

James, that was an awesome review. I was around for the original versions lo those many years ago and I wore them out. The shirtless comments were great! Many times my Kirk was sans shirt in a forced death match with the Klingon due to some controlling unseen alien entity. You are spot on about the resemblance to the animated series back then. Especially if you look at the Klingon. Ahh...the wistfulness of my youth. I wouldn't trade my life today for anything but I wish every now and then I had a Deloren w/ a flux capacitor. wink.gif