• Please log in to reply
3700 replies to this topic

#3521 hobsgrg

hobsgrg

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 07:39 AM

Whats the latest discount code doing the rounds?

FATHER17 will get you 17% off if you spend over £25, valid until Sunday

#3522 Dilithium1

Dilithium1

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 09:33 AM

No one has posted these yet?

https://www.herocoll...specials-reveal

#3523 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 10:22 AM

The Kobayashi Maru looks awesome, Ill definitely pick that up.

The XL B looks pretty nice, but I still have no interest in that line.

#3524 hobsgrg

hobsgrg

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 10:43 AM

How on earth does the regular sized B (correctly) have the blue stripes around the edge of the saucer yet the XL version is missing them??? The image on the cover even has it! Also the sides of the central impulse engines should be painted blue and are on the magazine cover but are left white on the model.

The windows also aren't painted at all, which given their track record in aligning them correctly may be no bad thing but still disappointing.

Given how superb the detail was on the XL Voyager the Ent-B is really disappointing if that is the final version and not just a prototype

#3525 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 10:46 AM

How on earth does the regular sized B (correctly) have the blue stripes around the edge of the saucer yet the XL version is missing them??? The image on the cover even has it! Also the sides of the central impulse engines should be painted blue and are on the magazine cover but are left white on the model.

The windows also aren't painted at all, which given their track record in aligning them correctly may be no bad thing but still disappointing.

Given how superb the detail was on the XL Voyager the Ent-B is really disappointing if that is the final version and not just a prototype

Didn't notice any of that, but I really didn't look that closely at it. 

Unless they can fix their horrid paint alignment issues, I'd rather them keep the windows unpainted than have them misaligned. 

#3526 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 02:40 PM

So the model of the Kobayashi Maru are completely wrong, someone posted a comparison image on Twitter:

oC0ji2G.jpg

I imagine its too late in its development cycle to fix the model, but hopefully they can at least fix the paint apps. 

Which I'm sure they wont since they really haven't much in the past. 

#3527 hobsgrg

hobsgrg

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 04:55 AM

So today my Kerala arrived along with the free gift, which was a binder. Binder design is same as the regular ones, just smaller for the smaller Discovery magazines.

The Kerala itself looks really nice from a distance but rather underwhelming close-up, at least for me.

DSC05628.jpg

DSC05629.jpg

DSC05630.jpg

DSC05632.jpg

DSC05633.jpg

DSC05634.jpg

#3528 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 08:43 AM

She has some nice azteking, but even with that I do agree she just looks a bit plain. I feel the darker grey areas need something. 

How is the window alignment? 

I really like the binder art, very cool seeing all those ships together. 

#3529 hobsgrg

hobsgrg

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 03:33 PM

She has some nice azteking, but even with that I do agree she just looks a bit plain. I feel the darker grey areas need something. 

How is the window alignment? 

I really like the binder art, very cool seeing all those ships together. 

She is a real plain jane, it's a shame there isn't something like they did for the Shenzhou which made it much more eye catching.

Window alignment is shoddy on the underside although as they are white on grey you have to look carefully to see, barely any windows on the top and they aren't indented so you can't tell if they are in the right place or not.

#3530 AndyW

AndyW

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 09:52 AM

Not feeling the Kerala at all, it reminds me of when I was a kid I'd flip the movie era 1701 upside down and pretend it was another ship...but really it never felt like another ship, because it was the 1701 flipped over.

Kobayashi Maru is a funny one, I mean, when I saw it, I lost my shit, its awesome (more akin to what Discovery should be showing us in terms of design language, hint hint) but it does raise some questions about why it looks so different to the film used model. I confess I'd never seen that side CGI view before.

In other topics, is the XL Defiant due soon?

#3531 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 11:26 AM

With all these new rumored Star Trek shows being discussed...I think Eaglemoss is gonna take us to 5,000 issues in the end.

What say you?

Do you all have room for this???

#3532 hobsgrg

hobsgrg

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 10:16 AM

In other topics, is the XL Defiant due soon?

It should be out in July however I still don't have the XL Ent-A which was May/June and for some reason the XL Ent-B is also scheduled for release in July. You would have thought they'd want to spread them out a bit more evenly.

#3533 Razorgeist

Razorgeist

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 04:58 AM

I wonder if the Enterprise-C will be out for Christmas?

#3534 Genty

Genty

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 10:53 AM

I wonder if the Enterprise-C will be accurate, the standard one is very inaccurate.

#3535 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 11:03 AM

I wonder if the Enterprise-C will be accurate, the standard one is very inaccurate.

There have been complaints about the A and B being less accurate than the smaller models, who knows what theyll do with the C.

If they do fix it, Id really consider purchasing it since its my favorite Enterprise.

#3536 OneAngryDwrf

OneAngryDwrf

Action figure anonymous member

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 03:47 PM

As long as it has an impulse drive, I'll be happy

#3537 Razorgeist

Razorgeist

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 11:30 PM

There have been complaints about the A and B being less accurate than the smaller models, who knows what theyll do with the C.

If they do fix it, Id really consider purchasing it since its my favorite Enterprise.

Im sure they'll fix it it for the XL.

#3538 hobsgrg

hobsgrg

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 09:35 AM

So my XL Enterprise A arrived today but there are various paint splodges on it, very noticeable on the neck but also some on the warp pylons and on the top of saucer.

The model itself is very nice, or at least would be if I didn't have a screwed up paint one

DSC05635.jpg
DSC05636.jpg
DSC05637.jpg
DSC05638.jpg
DSC05640.jpg
DSC05641.jpg
DSC05642.jpg
DSC05643.jpg

#3539 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 05:00 PM

Got the Kerala today, and while she is definitely a bit plain, I still love her design.

Its similar, but different enough from the Shenzhou, and looks fantastic on the shelf with her and Discovery.

9hiYJxO.jpg

oHUCTHH.jpg

Didn't get a binder, which is weird since they said we'd get a gift with the third shipment due to the delay. I sent an email to customer service asking whats up.

I can't say I'm looking forward to the Bird of Prey thats next, but I really like the subscriber bonuses so I'll stick around.

#3540 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 09:50 AM

I did not get the binder either. I figured it was US backordered... or maybe those gifts are only for people who subscribed later...at the time I subscribed there was no mention of all that stuff and it feels like it would be typical customer service to say screw y'all who we didn't promise this stuff to before we got your $$...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users