• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#41 Prometheus

Prometheus

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 12:25 AM

Here are some shots including the Cadet Series Cardassian Galor which is about 5.5" long...Its under construction as you can tell....

eqwk92.jpg

i2j13m.jpg

24nns5f.jpg

wlxd6u.jpg

33acar5.jpg

ftfuw.jpg

The Classic Enterprise is just the old crappy 90s AMT 1/2500 version.... With no upgrades !! Wonky Nacelles and all !! :(

#42 Reign1701A

Reign1701A

Action figure anonymous member

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 09:55 AM

So what decals did you have to apply to the Defiant? How big is she compared to the Eaglemoss version? She looks SHARP! Reliant's aztecing looks great, gives me hope for the inevitable 1/1000 refit E.

#43 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 14 November 2015 - 10:24 AM

That's the best looking, most accurate Defiant I've ever seen! I love how the lines are all part of the paint job, so there's absolutely minimal scribed lines in the hull.

How ironic that the little ship's best version is just that, little. :)

D7 also looks nice, though I think I'll skip the Reliant, and yeah, definitely the Enterprise.

Roll on Excelsior, and TNG ships though. :)

#44 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 10:41 AM

The Defiant only had decals for the sides of the nacelle housings.... The Registry and pennant.

It really is a great little model.... It's quite a bit smaller than the Eaglemoss... It is 2.75" or a little under 7 cm.

#45 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 10:47 AM

Jay K.... I'm praying we get a 1/1000 Defiant from Round 2 with this accurate design... It would be about 8" or a little over 20 cm .... How cool would that be!!!

#46 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 11:15 AM

Jay K.... I'm praying we get a 1/1000 Defiant from Round 2 with this accurate design... It would be about 8" or a little over 20 cm .... How cool would that be!!!

That would be awesome, I think that size would fit in pretty well with DST's ships. Certainly better than the giant Playmates ones. 

#47 Jay K

Jay K

• Members
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 04:24 PM

Yeah, pre-painted would be amazing, but even a kit would do now. ;)

#48 Reign1701A

Reign1701A

Action figure anonymous member

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 01:56 PM

I really like my Playmates Defiant, it's very accurate to the CGI version (which isn't as nice as the studio model), but the paint scheme is great. One of Playmates' better efforts.

#49 Jay K

Jay K

• Members
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 09:48 AM

Well it's taken much longer than I wanted, but the Defiant arrived a few hours ago, and I've just finished putting her together. The fit is extremely tight (and you'll need to squeeze beyond what you think a tiny plastic model can take!), but there's minimal gaps, and the decals weren't too bad to put on at all. I'll post a few photos tonight/tomorrow next to some of the Eaglemoss ships.

Randomly, even though the box says the scale is 1:2500, that's based off a length of 170m. If you base it off 120m (my preference), then it's around 1:1745 scale. What that means to me, is that it'll look great next to any Eaglemoss ships within that range (especially Voyager for the 170m, and the Centaur for the 120m).

Couldn't be more happy with it, and only wish that AMT would put out a pre-painted version in a much bigger scale - around 1:750 or higher. :)

#50 Jay K

Jay K

• Members
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 07:37 AM

Tried my best to take some decent photos, whilst being in a hurry, and also bearing in mind that this thing is 68mm long!

316LJMrl.jpg

Hi-res: http://i.imgur.com/316LJMr.jpg

aDEH2GMl.jpg
Hi-res: http://i.imgur.com/aDEH2GM.jpg

The Detail on this little (no pun intended) thing, is insane:
zNcso3Gl.jpg
Hi-res: http://i.imgur.com/zNcso3G.jpg

This is a comparison next to the Furuta Defiant, of the same scale:
XHwL03xl.jpg

Hi-res: http://i.imgur.com/XHwL03x.jpg

Lastly, tried my best to extract as much detail out of this one as possible (obviously failing, but I'll take better ones eventually):
79ZLnrQl.jpg

Hi-res: http://i.imgur.com/79ZLnrQ.jpg

The length is 68.26mm, which gives a scale at 120m of 1:1758, and 1:2490 at 170m.

This is a stunning little model, that'll require minimal effort on your part; a touch of light sanding on the bussard collectors in my case (thanks to Prometheus for the head's up on that), and an iron grip to press it all together in the end. The amount of force required surprised me, as it was way more than I thought a small plastic model could take - Benlurkin, try this with yours if you're seeing this. Press it together to the point at which you think it'll break. Maybe beforehand, separate the two halves, and give the ends of both nacelles a gentle sanding on the inside as well.

Overall verdict: Stunning, but tiny. Apt for the Defiant I suppose (one day, I'll get a nice big model!). Also, this was around £20 in every place I could find, so whilst that might factor into your decision to buy it, bear in mind that it really is a stunning little model.

EDIT: Forgot to add one thing that I love, and makes this model really look striking - NO ETCHED GRIDLINES! I can't overstate enough what a difference that makes, especially when held up against light; it looks like a mini filming model! This really is something I wish model and toy companies would stop doing. The phrase less is more couldn't be more fitting when it comes to surface textures and grid lines.

#51 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 01:07 PM

That is phenomenal looking!

Now, Round2! UPSCALE IT!

...and then lend the tooling to DST!

#52 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 01:39 PM

That is phenomenal looking!

Now, Round2! UPSCALE IT!

...and then lend the tooling to DST!

So agreeing with you Destructor!!!

#53 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 05:01 PM

The aztec sheen on the Reliant is also worthy of praise - I love me some variable aztec specular reflections!

#54 Jay K

Jay K

• Members
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 07:32 PM

Yeah, they need to bring out a few kits in a larger scale to this line. The three I'd particularly love are the Defiant, Refit and Reliant. Obviously though, any main Federation ships would be most welcome. I'd even love a nice original Enterprise in that scale.

#55 data_2006

data_2006

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 385 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek

Posted 14 May 2016 - 01:12 PM

Okay quick question for everyone that has these sets, do any of you still have the trading cards and would you be willing to trade or sell those?

I'm also a trading card collector, but after buying two full sets I'm still missing 3 cards so if anyone can help me with the last three that would be appreciated :)  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users