Ships of the Line Model Kits (pre-painted) from Round 2

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 31 May 2015 - 09:08 AM

I've been following these for a little while now, and think (due to them coming out this upcoming month) it's time for a thread.

Round 2 is going to start releasing some of their 1/2500 scale ships individually, the difference being that they'll come pre-painted as snap kits with a collector's card featuring art work from the calendars. The first four ships are:

TOS Enterprise

Klingon D7

Reliant

Defiant

A member of a Trek modelling group on facebook, posted this picture of the four of them from wondercon:

11140248_10153328648179089_5227990111462

I'll definitely be picking up a Defiant and Reliant. :)

A bit more information on them here:
http://www.thetrekco...its-on-way.html

The guy who took that photo above, is going to be doing a write-up on them for TrekMovie next week.

I really hope they do well, as I'd love some more 1/2500 scale pre-painted kits!

#2 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 09:59 AM

Sweet Jesus, I'd love this, especially if they do all of them. We could get a line of Enterprises in scale with each other, without having to deal with the horrid decals these have come with before.

I'd also be interested in how the preprinted C would compare with the current decaled one I have.

#3 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 09:14 PM

Yeah,I saw these a while ago as well. So they're about the size of the EM ships? And they're pretty inexpensive as well,might get a few of these.

J-R!

#4 RizzoPSU

RizzoPSU

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 01:31 AM

Been building these for years....it really is a cool set. A lot of trek ships at the same scale and more than any company put out. I mean almost 20 some ships, I wish I new they were going to release all the "newer" ones like this! :( I can't find most of the new stuff in stores but if they come pre-painted, they can take my money and save me time! :)

#5 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 10:30 AM

Oh so these aren't new,like they say they are? How disappointing. Might not want them after all. Oh well,the search continues,lol!

J-R!

#6 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 11:39 AM

Oh so these aren't new,like they say they are? How disappointing. Might not want them after all. Oh well,the search continues,lol!

J-R!

These are their 1/2500 scale cadet series ships. The difference is instead of having to apply the ridiculous amount of water slide decals, they come preprainted... I don't know why you would want something different.

#7 tuvok47

tuvok47

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 651 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 11:40 AM

They're new to this line of prepainted snap kits. The others were unpainted and required glue.

#8 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 11:50 AM

The cadet series of ships has included every Enterprise so far (except the NX?), and they are all 1/2500 scale. If these do well I'd expect them to release the rest of them preprainted as well.

http://m.imgur.com/a/zgANd

That's my 1/2500 scale C next to the EM Vengeance, everything is decals except for the nacelles (bussard collectors and nacelle grills) and deflector.

If you've ever built a model you know how big of a pain it is to apply water slide decals, so a preprainted option for all the Enterprises, in scale, is awesome.

#9 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 12:17 PM

Don't even get me started on bloody decals on models! Grrrrr!!!! lol. It's why I wanted to try these. But when Rizzo said he/she had been building these for years I thought they'd been around for some time,even though it wasn't the impression I got when reading about them. Must've meant the ones with decals or summat. I still might give it a go. But I didn't want anything different,just looking into something else entirely to get into,lol. It'll be fun to see these little things in the stores though,or maybe even at Comic Con,they should TOTALLY have a booth and launch'em there.

So that's the size of these ships,Alteran? That's pretty good. Love that E-C,and would love if they made it in this style so I don't have to f**k up the decals,like I always used to when I had the patience to glue something together,which I don't anymore and most likely never will again.

And hope we get ALL the Enterprises! Relax,I won't mention the two most of you don't like,LOL!

J-R!

#10 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 01:08 PM

Don't even get me started on bloody decals on models! Grrrrr!!!! lol. It's why I wanted to try these. But when Rizzo said he/she had been building these for years I thought they'd been around for some time,even though it wasn't the impression I got when reading about them. Must've meant the ones with decals or summat. I still might give it a go. But I didn't want anything different,just looking into something else entirely to get into,lol. It'll be fun to see these little things in the stores though,or maybe even at Comic Con,they should TOTALLY have a booth and launch'em there.

So that's the size of these ships,Alteran? That's pretty good. Love that E-C,and would love if they made it in this style so I don't have to f**k up the decals,like I always used to when I had the patience to glue something together,which I don't anymore and most likely never will again.

And hope we get ALL the Enterprises! Relax,I won't mention the two most of you don't like,LOL!

J-R!

The C is that size, the TOS Enterprise is probably a fair bit smaller I'd imagine since its a lot smaller ship. However, since I don't have one I can't give you a comparison pic. 

Edit: if I had to guess the size, it should be something like this:
Cjzypxx.jpg

#11 RizzoPSU

RizzoPSU

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 01:23 PM

Robster, I meant the cadet series Enterprises being out for years compared to the "newer" ships like the Klingon, Reliant, Defiant, etc. I love them. Hell even bought extras of each to have battle damaged or an extra and didn't put the registry on them.

#12 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 01 June 2015 - 01:24 PM

Yeah, I love my Eaglemoss models, but I'd definitely be in for all the 1701s, and other hero ships - I'm so happy the Defiant is one of the first!

Just randomly, this might be a step too far for them in a business sense, but if they ever decided to make pre-painted kits bigger than 1/2500 scale, I'd also be very 'in' for that. :)

#13 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 01:36 PM

Yeah, I love my Eaglemoss models, but I'd definitely be in for all the 1701s, and other hero ships - I'm so happy the Defiant is one of the first!

Just randomly, this might be a step too far for them in a business sense, but if they ever decided to make pre-painted kits bigger than 1/2500 scale, I'd also be very 'in' for that. :)

Moebius seems to manage pretty well with their painted/assembled kits, and i'm pretty sure round 2 is a lot bigger model company. With the Trek kits they have made, I could see them making a killing releasing them as prepainted, assembly is easy enough for the most part if they didn't want to try selling them assembled. 

#14 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 02:20 PM

Gotcha! For a minute there I thought you already had these and several others,lol!

And yes,snap kit is PERFECT........for me,lol!

Gotta admit I bought the NSEA Protector pre-assembled though. SO little GQ stuff out there so I just HAD to get it,and will be getting the VOX and Ion Nebulizer set as well. Luckily EE still has them,last I checked.....which was just now,lol.

Hmmmm,the C looks really big in that pic. If they made that one,would it really be that big? Would be cool if it was.

J-R!

#15 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 02:24 PM

Gotcha! For a minute there I thought you already had these and several others,lol!

And yes,snap kit is PERFECT........for me,lol!

Gotta admit I bought the NSEA Protector pre-assembled though. SO little GQ stuff out there so I just HAD to get it,and will be getting the VOX and Ion Nebulizer set as well. Luckily EE still has them,last I checked.....which was just now,lol.

Hmmmm,the C looks really big in that pic. If they made that one,would it really be that big? Would be cool if it was.

J-R!

Thats the cadet series 1/2500 scale C, so unless they made new kits for these then yes it'd be that size. 

#16 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 02:39 PM

NEAT!

Oh and the Gotcha part was in response to Rizzo,just so there isn't any confusion,lol.

I really wanna know if Round 2 are gonna be at Comic Con at all. Hmmmmm,a quick e-mail tomorrow should hopefully sort that out. It's bedtime over here,lol. If you're tired enough of course.

Or I might just ask on their FB page,if they have one.

J-R!

#17 Kyp Durron

Kyp Durron

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • Interests:ST props, models, and Lightsabers OH MY!

Posted 02 June 2015 - 09:06 AM

My God, how in the HELL did I miss this?!

Anyone got a link to a preorder for these?

#18 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 01:22 AM

Ok,here's some:

http://www.hobbylinc...t-1:2500-914-12

http://freetimehobbi...rek-cadet-asst/

http://www3.towerhob...p?&I=LXEVXA&P=7

https://www.diecastd...ductCode=AMT914

And plenty more when you google it. I kinda like the price on these things,lol.

J-R!

#19 RizzoPSU

RizzoPSU

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 02:27 AM

Ya, $999.00 on the one website! Lol

#20 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 02:53 AM

Really? Didn't see that,lol. I only saw the ones between 12 and 16 bucks,which is the price I like,lol. Sometimes though,pre-order prices have that insane price if they don't know what it is. It'll be adjusted when they bother to find out,lol

J-R!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users