LordMudd's figure collection

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Lord Mudd

Lord Mudd

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • Interests:Collecting 1/18 scale action figures: Star Trek, sci fi, and superheroes- Warhammer.

Posted 24 August 2011 - 05:21 AM

CCC.

#2 Lord Mudd

Lord Mudd

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • Interests:Collecting 1/18 scale action figures: Star Trek, sci fi, and superheroes- Warhammer.

Posted 24 August 2011 - 05:22 AM

CCC.
[/quote]

CCC.

#3 Lord Mudd

Lord Mudd

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 05:22 AM

#4 Lord Mudd

Lord Mudd

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 05:45 AM

CCC.

#5 Prometheus

Prometheus

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 07:28 PM

Wow.... Some sweet customs.... Love the Galoob Armus !! The Movie Ertl customs are really good also...especially the andorian. Is that the Doctor Bruce Maddox in the back of the NG Galoob line-up... Thats just awesome if it is !! The aged bones with the medical bed is great !

#6 Pauln6

Pauln6

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 03:24 AM

I wish I'd been into customising as a kid. I played with my Mego Trek figures all the time and I would have loved a full crew compliment.

#7 Lord Mudd

Lord Mudd

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 05:22 AM

QUOTE (Prometheus @ Aug 24 2011, 08:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow.... Some sweet customs.... Love the Galoob Armus !! The Movie Ertl customs are really good also...especially the andorian. Is that the Doctor Bruce Maddox in the back of the NG Galoob line-up... Thats just awesome if it is !! The aged bones with the medical bed is great !

Thank you, and yes that is Maddox. The Armus figure is original, there are only 3 in the world. I have 2 and I sent the third to Jeannie Savin, which she featured in an article in White's Guide to Collecting Figures some years ago. Not to turn this into a trade thread (I do have one of those) but I would trade that for a Betelgeusian figure.

CCC.

#8 Prometheus

Prometheus

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 07:43 PM

That is VERY cool ! If I had a Betelgeusian I would probably trade it !! I never knew they did an Armus.

#9 Pauln6

Pauln6

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 04:13 AM

Mego figures including Betelgeusians do occasionally crop up on Ebay. I'd be tempted to do a full round of headswaps onto starfleet bodies these days so I have a decent sized crew. There must be enough suitable action figures out there to look a bit like Chkov, Sulu, Uhura, Chapel, Rand, DiFalco et al.

#10 weyoun_9

weyoun_9

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 433 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 11:01 AM

QUOTE (Prometheus @ Aug 25 2011, 08:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That is VERY cool ! If I had a Betelgeusian I would probably trade it !! I never knew they did an Armus.

They did an Armus? Seriously?!?! I'd love to see some close up shots of him. Could you post them either here or in the Galoob thread?

And, BTW, great work on all of these. I did a lousy custom Crusher with a Yar figure back in 7th grade. Showed it to Gates McFadden at a convention (should have given it to her) but it was still pretty terrible. These look great.

#11 Lord Mudd

Lord Mudd

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 07:57 PM

QUOTE (weyoun_9 @ Aug 26 2011, 12:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They did an Armus? Seriously?!?! I'd love to see some close up shots of him. Could you post them either here or in the Galoob thread?

And, BTW, great work on all of these. I did a lousy custom Crusher with a Yar figure back in 7th grade. Showed it to Gates McFadden at a convention (should have given it to her) but it was still pretty terrible. These look great.

The Armus is original. I made it from scratch, made a mold of it, and cast it in resin, then painted it. As I said, there are, at this time, only 3 in the world. There are pictures of it up in one of the threads here.

Thanks to all for the compliments.

CCC.

#12 Lord Mudd

Lord Mudd

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 07:41 AM

QUOTE (Pauln6 @ Aug 26 2011, 05:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mego figures including Betelgeusians do occasionally crop up on Ebay. I'd be tempted to do a full round of headswaps onto starfleet bodies these days so I have a decent sized crew. There must be enough suitable action figures out there to look a bit like Chkov, Sulu, Uhura, Chapel, Rand, DiFalco et al.

My Uhura is a Black Hole Kate McRae head and Decker legs on Ilia.

Decided to make this extra Ilia into a Bolian.

You can also do head molds from the Chekov and Sulu pvc figures if you want. Personally I think they are a bit bloated for the Mego bodies. You could also use the Playmates movie figures.

CCC.

#13 Lord Mudd

Lord Mudd

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 04:48 PM

A better shot of Armus.

CCC.

#14 Pauln6

Pauln6

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 08:51 AM

QUOTE (Lord Mudd @ Aug 31 2011, 08:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My Uhura is a Black Hole Kate McRae head and Decker legs on Ilia.

Decided to make this extra Ilia into a Bolian.

You can also do head molds from the Chekov and Sulu pvc figures if you want. Personally I think they are a bit bloated for the Mego bodies. You could also use the Playmates movie figures.

CCC.

Cool - I did the same with a Playmates Ilia. I loved the Black Hole figures - they were the most poseable figures of the 70s & 80s. I think I will probably order custom heads of Chapel, Rand, Decker, and Ilia and do TWoK versions using spare DST bodies. There are enough photos of the heads to get decent molds done I think. I would have preferred TMP versions but without a female body template it's too much like hard work.

#15 Lord Mudd

Lord Mudd

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 09:54 AM

New group shot with finished Bolian crew.

CCC.

#16 Lord Mudd

Lord Mudd

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:05 AM

A group shot of my old Playmates customs, before I offer them for sale.

CCC.

#17 Lord Mudd

Lord Mudd

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:55 AM

WE ARE THE BORG.

I believe this is everything except the Queen figure done in this scale by Playmates.

CCC.

#18 Lord Mudd

Lord Mudd

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:54 PM

Kor posted his Klingons, so here are mine.
Dance party.

War party.

It would have been fun to do K'Ehlar and full Klingon B'Elanna in Lurssa and B'Etor armor.

CCC.

#19 WORF22

WORF22

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:59 PM

Ok so which ones are customs? just asking...

#20 Lord Mudd

Lord Mudd

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:48 PM

No customs in the last 2, just had a need to post something.

CCC.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users