• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#101 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,282 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 09:36 AM

Kurtzman gave some updates on pretty much every series in the works today. Surprising no one, he wasnt actually fired.

http://trekcore.com/...wer-decks-more/

#102 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,583 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 11:34 PM

Well... I think I'm both encouraged and discouraged by that article. 

Its encouraging that they brought Stewart into the writers room as a sound board. Also... for the rumor naysayers that think Picard would never be involved in Sec 31 because he wouldn't do covert work... one of the most famous and beloved episodes he goes on a covert assignment and gets captured!  So if that is part of the narrative... because that seems to be a thread for all the JJ-Verse... then there is some precedence... but I don't have to like that everything in trek has to do with sec 31 now.

On the more discouraging side is commentary about trek basically being aimed for a young demographic... coupled with his reference to Star Wars tells me that He still doesn't get what Roddenbery or even what Berman's Trek was about. My fear has always been... and it seems substantiated, that Kurtzman loves his conspiracy driven/teamed shows, and that they have made that the fundamental moral base and characteristic of his kind of Trek. 

#103 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,120 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 07:00 AM

I will wait and see what Picard is like. Based on everything else that Kurtzman has been involved in that I've seen, I am not very enthusiastic.

#104 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,583 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 08:48 AM

Im a fan if his work on Xena: Warrior Princess !

#105 Morgan

Morgan

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 383 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 04:21 PM

It's kind of a given at this point that Picard will be "doing missions" with his new crew and his old crew, and they won't be on a ship in every episode. I think that can be just deduced at this point, and it's what the writers expect the audience to want anyway.

If you think about where Picard is career-wise (and the teaser doesn't steer us away from this supposition) he's gonna be doing different missions in the vein of, how some have already mentioned, "Chain of Command" and the one with Vash where they find the Tox Uthat, but not that goofy with Ferengi trailing them. But there will probably also be a main mission of sort sort having to do with Romulus' destruction and what they've already revealed, more or less.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users