284 replies to this topic

#261 Qcjoe

Qcjoe

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 674 posts
  • Interests:scifi,comics,actionfigures,baseball,football

Posted 26 March 2015 - 06:20 PM

Enterprise C: The only Enterprise that no one has made at DSTs scale, probably its biggest selling point.

Variants: Clean, battle damaged, temporal anomaly version

I would buy them all to support it, and because it's my favorite Enterprise

Voyager: flagship of a show, cool play value with the moving nacelles. Also the anniversary of course.

Variants: Clean, YoH damaged, Borgified, Endgame

I would buy the clean and Endgame.

Defiant: featured heavily on DS9, also seems to be a pretty popular little shop. Could be cheaper then other DST ships with how simple its design is, and I'd prefer it smaller then the other ships.

Variants: clean, partially cloaked, cc exclusive cloaked, DS9 battle damaged, FC Battle damaged

Just the clean version for me.

Reliant: featured in one of the best movies, compliments the TWOK Enterprise, especially if it's in scale.

Variants: Clean, battle damaged ( a missing damaged nacelle/pylon would be cool, even a different variant altogether), Saratoga.

Again, just the clean one for me.

Would they make Voyager with moving nacelles?  That may be why it hasnt been done yet.  They Playmates version was great.  I wish I still had it.

#262 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 06:28 PM

Would they make Voyager with moving nacelles?  That may be why it hasnt been done yet.  They Playmates version was great.  I wish I still had it.

They made the wings on the BoP move, why wouldn't they make the nacelled on Voyager move. Whether they would be motorized or not is the question.

#263 Zodou

Zodou

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 07:07 PM

Regarding Enterprise-C variants: Don't forget the Yamaguchi/Excalibur.

#264 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 07:38 PM

Regarding Enterprise-C variants: Don't forget the Yamaguchi/Excalibur.

I thought of those, but I don't know how much sell value they would have. Like I said, I'd certainly buy one.

#265 djc242

djc242

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 585 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 01:09 AM

Alteran195, I definitely also think a Defiant should be a little smaller.  Maybe somewhere between the size the DST 1701-D and the Eaglemoss special JJPrise.  I had the Playmates version at one point but didn't like its size.  It wasn't…ahem…easy to fly around the house with.  I've got one of the Aoshima 1701-D ships and think that is an ideal scale.

#266 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 27 March 2015 - 06:28 AM

Make the Defiant the size of the NX-01's main hull (minus nacelles and pylons), and that'd be perfect in my opinion:

aq2PErg.jpg 

Hastily thrown together picture, for the benefit of those without the NX, so you can hopefully see what I mean. :)

#267 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 06:33 AM

I'd happily buy the Enterprise C, Voyager, Defiant or Reliant! The Borg Cube would be pretty cool! Perhaps with a removable Borg Sphere?

#268 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 06:36 AM

Is like the defiant to be around12 inches long as any smaller and it would look kind of unimpressive displayed.

#269 Razorgeist

Razorgeist

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 06:57 AM

Yeah thats a too small for my taste.

I definetley hope we are at least getting another 24th century ship.  Im inclined to lean toward Voyager as its the 20th anniversary plus it was a featured ship.  

Voyager: flagship of a show, cool play value with the moving nacelles. Also the anniversary of course.

Variants: Clean, YoH damaged, Borgified, Endgame

You can also have a landing gear version and Bellerephon version.

#270 DefiantOne

DefiantOne

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 08:19 AM

If we were to get the Defiant, then please flip the rule that was made with the Enterprise-D : It was bigger than the Playmates version. A smaller Defiant than the Playmates version would be much appreciated.

#271 Zodou

Zodou

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 09:32 AM

I thought of those, but I don't know how much sell value they would have. Like I said, I'd certainly buy one.

Given that just about every one of the ships and props that DST produces exists within a niche market, I'd say that it has a pretty good chance of selling; especially given the differences in it's appearance. I mean if the NX Excelsior sells...

#272 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 09:57 AM

Given that just about every one of the ships and props that DST produces exists within a niche market, I'd say that it has a pretty good chance of selling; especially given the differences in it's appearance. I mean if the NX Excelsior sells...

The issue with the refit Ambassador is that I don't think the differences were really shown very well on screen. Also, what dialog would they use for it? They could do just SFX, but I don't know if they would.

The NX-2000 on the other hand had its differences very visible in Trek 3, and was pretty well featured in that movie.

#273 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 02:33 PM

I really dont thnk they would do Voyager next. They havent given much Love to Voyager so i dont think that is the next one.

#274 Jay K

Jay K

• Members
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 07:23 PM

If Voyager ever does get made, hopefully the entire forward area of the ventral engineering hull is the battery lid - so they can make one with the feet sticking out. I'd be fine with Voyager forgoing a stand entirely if that was an option! :)

When it comes to the Defiant's size, I really don't care. But, if they want to make it smaller (it is the tough 'little' ship, after all), that's fine with me. Just make one of the nice versions (studio or later CG model), and it's a winner.

#275 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 07:50 PM

If Voyager ever does get made, hopefully the entire forward area of the ventral engineering hull is the battery lid - so they can make one with the feet sticking out. I'd be fine with Voyager forgoing a stand entirely if that was an option! :)

When it comes to the Defiant's size, I really don't care. But, if they want to make it smaller (it is the tough 'little' ship, after all), that's fine with me. Just make one of the nice versions (studio or later CG model), and it's a winner.

I would absolutely buy a landing gear version of Voyager, would be awesome to have.

I also agree with you that the NX is the perfect size for Defiant, not to big, not to small, and much better then the giant playmates version.

#276 Tiberius

Tiberius

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 01:09 AM

What if the Defiant was Ent D saucer sized? Surely enough room for lights and sounds?!?
I really want a Reliant first, in scale with my A.

#277 mynameschris

mynameschris

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 04:58 AM

What if the Defiant was Ent D saucer sized? Surely enough room for lights and sounds?!?
I really want a Reliant first, in scale with my A.

If it were up to me... which it sadly isnt... It would be Reliant, Defiant, Ent C and Prometheus (last one is a wild card I know)

#278 Qcjoe

Qcjoe

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 674 posts
  • Interests:scifi,comics,actionfigures,baseball,football

Posted 29 March 2015 - 12:31 PM

They made the wings on the BoP move, why wouldn't they make the nacelled on Voyager move. Whether they would be motorized or not is the question.

Thats really what I ment.  it being being motorized.

#279 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 12:52 PM

Thats really what I ment.  it being being motorized.

It would be cool if it was, I don't how feasible it would be, I know for the playmates version it made the pylons way to bulky, but technology has come a long way since then so who knows.

#280 Jay K

Jay K

• Members
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 02:58 PM

If motorised nacelles were possible without compromising the hull shape, fantastic. If not, then just make them manually adjustable.

That'd be my preference regards Voyager.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users