• Please log in to reply
326 replies to this topic

#281 RizzoPSU

RizzoPSU

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 11:16 PM

Hmmm, would be cool to have after seeing pics but if I had time right now-a glow in the dark paint custom might be in the future. Too bad it wasn't a regular painted release like the TOS Enterprise.

#282 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 06:36 AM

Did DST make some of these available for purchase after the con as they said they might?

They're going to, just waiting on inventory to arrive.

#283 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 04:29 PM

You're totally welcome Matty-Lad. Hope you enjoy it.

And I hope you US based peeps get the ship soon as well. Those of you who still want it of course. Guess they're just running a bit behind schedule,as it should've been for sale online already.

J-R!

#284 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 01:05 AM

AFX has some but they are 79.99. I got mine from there

#285 DSTZach

DSTZach

I can stop I just don't want to.

• VIP
  • 696 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 07:19 AM

Sorry I haven't been around. Lots to catch up on.
Some misquoting of me going on, and misremembering of statements. But it sounds like someone found Chris Schaff at the show, and got some good info.

I said the RBOP would disappoint people here, not the Fed ship. I think I was right about that, as people are either complaining that they have it, or that it's boring, or saying it's more obscure than ships I've never heard of. But it's an iconic ship, and should be out for the anniversary, along with the new run of the TOS Enterprise.

Fed ship should please people, but I never said it was not TOS movie-era, sorry, Rob. I can't even name many other TNG movie-era ships. And we still do not have nu-Trek, no way I would lie about that outright.

Fed ship is still being finalized, but we want it to be further along before we reveal it.

Oh, and RBoP did not "take a tumble" off a stand. We shipped a resin prototype back and forth across the country three times, in bubble wrap, to C2E2 and NYTF and SDCC, and the wing snapped. Repairs obviously have to be done on-site, by me. God forbid we simply don't show it, people here would say we canceled it for more Star Wars product or something. :D

(We no longer make SW product, BTW.)

#286 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 07:57 AM

Oh,ok....did I say you said it was not TOS movie era? Don't remember that,but I probably did,lol! I know I said it was movie era though. I must've got your quotes wrong Zach,my bad.

So has the SDCC ship gone on sale yet? And not just at AFX. Good to hear you got it Mike,even though it cost 15 bucks more. 

J-R!

#287 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 26 July 2015 - 08:52 AM

Bit of good news for once! And I was nearly right about the RBoP's wing..!

Reliant seems to be the odds-on favourite again, in my opinion.

And I know some won't like to hear as much, but I'm glad the threat of JJ ships taking the place of prime ships isn't there just yet. Knowing my luck, I could see DST being given the licence before they even get to the Defiant.

#288 tuvok47

tuvok47

• Members
  • 651 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 09:42 AM

Yep, with the strike down of the "non TOS movie" thing, I'd agree that Reliant is the front runner.

#289 DSTZach

DSTZach

• VIP
  • 696 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 11:08 AM

Waiting on a delayed shipment to arrive at the warehouse, then we'll open up orders on the Defiant on our website. Probably limit one per person.

#290 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 11:52 AM

Yeah,kinda happy that got a strike down as it opens up a quite  few more possibilities. I must've heard wrong or misunderstood Zach if I said it was non TOS movie era. I vaguely remember it now,mentioning that,lol! Guess the best bet is the Reliant then. But I don't care at this point since there are quite a few to choose from and a lot of cool ships from the movies. So whatever they come up with ought to be a good one. We'll see.

J-R!

#291 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 03:03 PM

Reliant it is....and I can die a happy man...got my Excelsior and Reliant is the most likely only other Fed ship, movie era that hasnt been made.

#292 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 05:55 PM

It's a shame DST still hasn't gotten a licence for the new Star Trek movies. Would have been nice to have a 2009 - present USS Enterprise that matched the other ships in the DST fleet.

#293 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 07:21 PM

Totally agree 1701D! Would love if DST brought out something like that next year to coincide with the new movie. Guess we won't get anything at all next time. Oh well,I'll find some stuff I haven't got yet,lol! Not much from the new movies to begin with of course,but there are a few things here and there.

J-R!

#294 Stormfury_Echo

Stormfury_Echo

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 07:42 PM

Is there an ETA for the Fed ship announcement? Are we going to have to wait for the next trade show?

#295 djc242

djc242

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 585 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 08:37 PM

I'd love a Reliant!  I know it is probably not in the cards but it would be sweet if the torpedo tubes lit up red when the photon sound was triggered.

#296 Razorgeist

Razorgeist

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 06:55 AM

Is there an ETA for the Fed ship announcement? Are we going to have to wait for the next trade show?

Wondering that myself.

#297 DSTZach

DSTZach

• VIP
  • 696 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 02:46 PM

Hopefully NYC, Chuck says.

Still waiting on Defiant inventory. If you get impatient, AFX is good people.

#298 tuvok47

tuvok47

• Members
  • 651 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 03:57 PM

Any idea how many were set aside for online purchase?

#299 DSTZach

DSTZach

• VIP
  • 696 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 04:27 PM

Should have been 50, just waiting to confirm that that many were received and are in the warehouse. Hopefully there were no shipping foul-ups.

#300 Razorgeist

Razorgeist

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 05:23 PM

Thanks for the new info Zach.  Had a feeling there was some misquoting.  As of this new info it would appear that the Reliant is the front runner.  Not my first choice but im glad its a new ship playmates never did.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users