Photo

Here we go again... Playmates is back in the Trek business!

• Please log in to reply
348 replies to this topic

#161 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • Interests:"Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?"

Posted 17 October 2022 - 11:29 PM

Yes Reliant is a necessity too. Definitely need the refit Enterprise to go with it to recreate that space battle. I can imagine the awesome voice clips for the back and forth banter between Kirk and Khan. I know Kirk was on Regular One at the time, but could you imagine pressing one of the buttons and hearing KHHHAAAN!!! That would be epic! Those three figures alone have had me listening to the James Horner soundtrack a lot lately.the ships from Wrath of Khan would to quote the movie - be sauce for the goose!

#162 RizzoPSU

RizzoPSU

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 18 October 2022 - 06:27 AM

How bout a light up Regula 1?

#163 Morgan

Morgan

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 18 October 2022 - 11:34 AM

There's a lot of stuff that's overdue. PM, lest we forget, never did a 1701 refit -- that's a major thing -- and it takes like $100-140 to buy a DST version, so that's not great.

PM also never did a Reliant -- that's another very obvious unforced error. That thing would just sell out if produced to a proper level. The popularity of Wrath of Khan has only increased since the 1990s, it seems. And they did to a Khan figure right out of the gate, and Spock too, so I hope that points to some things coming down the pike.

There's a list of like Top 5 very obvious money printers just from the movies that I hope PM is aware of, without getting into obscure things and without overlapping with DST.

1. 1701 refit

2. Reliant

3. Fed spacedock

4. Q'onos Uno

5. Grissom

#164 OneAngryDwrf

OneAngryDwrf

Action figure anonymous member

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 18 October 2022 - 12:10 PM

Greetings All,

I suspect that the USS protostar will likely be the next ship that Playmates rolls out as they have a full wave of Prodigy characters set to debut this fall as well. Paramount is hot to get the kiddos interested in Star Trek, so I think there will be a big focus on the Prodigy toyline since its the entry level media for the brand.

For me personally, Id love to see the SNW Enterprise and figures from that show. And as much as I adore the old Art Asylum Enterprise figures, I hope that Archer and Co get produced in the new Universe line.

Honestly, the best part about the launch of the new toyline is being interested and excited for new stuff to come.

Regards,

OAD

#165 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 18 October 2022 - 12:48 PM

I am noticing a trend that as more people are getting their hands on Playmates Star Trek 2022 relaunch products, the negative reactions are also starting to lessen. Hopefully a good sign that people are buying the line. Theres definitely a vast amount of material to cover which could definitely keep this line going for years to come. I for one cant wait to get my hands on some new Klingons and Borg utilizing the new articulation and upgraded design. It will also be great if they can go with Hirogen and an M113 Salt Vampire. I really look forward to getting some of those obscure characters and aliens!

#166 MisterPL

MisterPL

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 940 posts

Posted 19 October 2022 - 12:31 PM

Given the smaller size of the Protostar, it would make a nice choice for Playmobil, too. Not that there are nearly as many diehard fans of that show with the kind of disposable income for something like the Playmobil Enterprise.

#167 Razorgeist

Razorgeist

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 20 October 2022 - 10:50 PM

I must confer with my esteemed colleague OAD that the Protostar maybe next which is fine by me as I do like that design..  Ill admit when that fake Discovery went up I got a bit excited surprisingly so since I dont consider myself a fan of the ship.  If we do get a Discovery though I hope its the 32nd century version as I prefer its detailing.  As for older ships I'd like to see PM take a crack at.  Call me cracy but I'd like to see them do the Runabout again.  Though this time without the lame opening fake cockpit.

#168 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 11 November 2022 - 08:33 PM

Hey guys check out the new updates!
https://www.playmate...ucts/characters

#169 RizzoPSU

RizzoPSU

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 11 November 2022 - 10:09 PM

Are you talking about the cool hologram Janeway that looks almost not cartoonish and could be awesome for A LOT of customization?

#170 RizzoPSU

RizzoPSU

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 12 November 2022 - 10:35 PM

Oh and they show the protostar and the phaser from the cartoon, what did they name it a type ??

#171 Razorgeist

Razorgeist

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 12 November 2022 - 11:18 PM

Looks like OAD was correct.

#172 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 13 November 2022 - 01:10 AM

Yes to the Janeway and also they confirmed Protostar and Prodigy Phaser are coming. Also they listed accessories and show pictures of both the front and back of the figures.

#173 MisterPL

MisterPL

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 940 posts

Posted 14 November 2022 - 03:28 PM

The nitpicky Trekkie in me is displeased that the figures are all listed as 5" figures rather than 5" scale figures

That said, in recent reviews comparing current Playmates figures to the original line, it's pretty obvious that scale is not much of a thought these days. Riker, Data, and Picard figures appear to be the exact same height. I realize they want to recycle uniform bodies but, dang, there's a better way.

#174 Morgan

Morgan

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 14 November 2022 - 06:51 PM

Folx who have the new and old Picards, Rikers, etc, can you post some photos of them here all lined up? I'm getting the sense that the new ones are like 15% taller overall.

#175 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 15 November 2022 - 07:16 PM

I have absolutely no idea how to post pictures here on Trektoy anymore, otherwise I could.

#176 Morgan

Morgan

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 16 November 2022 - 07:02 AM

We have to use an outside hosting service, like postimages.org. It's pretty easy.

#177 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 17 November 2022 - 05:49 AM

imgur.com is my usual recommendation - then copy the address of the image and put [ img] before and [/ img] after (remove the spaces).

I'm interested in the Prodigy ship and maybe the phaser, but all we have now is renders of the assets from the show, so proceed with caution.

#178 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 17 November 2022 - 05:27 PM

The Protostar will be a must buy for me.

#179 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 28 November 2022 - 07:28 AM

Yep, Protostar is a cool ship design.

I find it highly unlikely, but a protostar-drive morphing feature would be very neat.

#180 RizzoPSU

RizzoPSU

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 28 November 2022 - 08:45 PM

They did that 2 in 1 Enterprise from all good things way back in the day and ships that opened into playsets......with good design and engineering and the push of a spring button I'm sure someone could figure it out.

Secretly I hate that design of the phaser but am excited to pick it up in toy form lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users