• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Hirogen

Hirogen

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 10:55 AM

I have a feeling, the more time passes the less likely we are to see Wave 5 of SG-1 or direct to DVD movies. Just a gut feeling I have and I hope I am wrong. But I watched the last episode of Atlantis a few days ago and it made me really want an SGA direct to DVD movie.

#2 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 10:57 AM

We are getting one. I recently saw mention of it. Should be out sometime next year. Also check out SG Universe. It has started out to be a really good show. I think this will keep interest and at least get some new figures. Maybe even a new version of Oneill since he is in the pilot.

#3 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 02:20 PM

If I remember right, Atlantis' first movie will be "Extinction" and is going into production soon, with another SG-1 movie on tap. I don't think we have to worry about direct to DVD movies, because the Siffy people canceled SGA for the sole purpose of exploiting it for DVD movies.

#4 Hirogen

Hirogen

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 01:46 PM

I just have a feeling that the longer we wait the less likely we are to see some of these things come to fruition. I remember reading when Atlantis ended that the Atlantis movie was green lit and they wanted it shoot quickly.....that was awhile ago. I would be very surprised if we ever see Wave 5 of SG-1.

As to Universe, I have see the first episodes. I like it, the show feels very different from SG-1 or Atlantis but it's good.

#5 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 06:03 PM

SGU feels very derivative to me. Here we are, again, trapped somewhere with "failing" ancient technology, with a cast I mostly don't care about, even after the character development has gone on for awhile. Rush and Eli's characters are the best done and only thing worth watching IMO. Yeah they are making it darker ala BSG, but again, been done (BSG!)...

One things for sure... looking at the numbers of people watching SGU, its dropping at an alarming rate! I know its in its second season, but it looks like they have only about 750k viewers for last weeks episode. I think SGU has seen its last season, and its really probably the end of the franchise, which is probably as it should be.

#6 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 06:38 PM

Personaly I love SGU. The characters have really started to flesh out this season. And they have really started to throw in some cool twists. I hope it stays around for quite awhile.

#7 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 08:12 PM

Have they dropped the creepy "Shore leave to Earth in someone else's body" stuff yet?

I've begun skipping huge chunks of the show to skip over those "interludes", if they have, then I think the show might be much better. Like I said, I like the Rush and Eli characters. Particularly Eli, I think that character is well done and is a bit refreshing.

#8 WORF22

WORF22

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 08:31 AM

I hope that we do get to see an SGA movie cus they dropped the ball on Ford. i would like to know what happend to him will he ever go back home, will Carson find a cure to help him?

#9 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 07:49 AM

I guess SGU must be the "Enterprise" of the Stargate franchise, with the low ratings again coming in, according to Trekmovie SGU had less than 1 million viewers again. There is speculation that fans of SG1 and SGA are trying to drive it off the air. Sounds familiar......

#10 WORF22

WORF22

• Members
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 08:14 AM

QUOTE (VulcanFanatic @ Nov 9 2010, 01:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I guess SGU must be the "Enterprise" of the Stargate franchise, with the low ratings again coming in, according to Trekmovie SGU had less than 1 million viewers again. There is speculation that fans of SG1 and SGA are trying to drive it off the air. Sounds familiar......

shows need time to develop I don't care what show it is even TNG needed time to shine. if people would just give new shows that time they mite be suppressed how good a show is like SGA,SGU, ENTERPRISE so on and blablabla

#11 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 02:33 PM

I -hated- the first half season of SGU, then only warmed up slightly during the second half but this second season has been great. I've actually been looking forward to each episode with excitement. There are still a few things I don't like, but it's vastly improving. And they need to get to exploring. Exploration has been an important part of the franchise but it's been missing since at least season 9 of SG-1, and probably about season 3 of SGA.

I am ticked off that we haven't had the SGA movie by now, since that was supposedly the whole reason the show was canceled. It's ridiculous.

#12 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 03:17 PM

Didn't like the first season either, but the second season is picking up. Too bad it probably won't make it to a third.

#13 WORF22

WORF22

• Members
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 02:14 PM

i just found this on the web it's a petition to dst to release wave 5. can't hurt to try..

Release Wave 5 Stargate SG-1 Figures!

http://www.thepetiti...argate-Figures/

#14 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 19 November 2010 - 02:35 PM

I signed it, even though I didn't follow the show religously. For collectors, like with most everything else, we are faceing what could be considered dark times because of the econamy, and the strife in the world. Something that would put a bright spot in any collector's life, is getting a well made set of action figure, made from their favorite characters. If they were to take cancelled figures and put them into limited two pack like was done with the 3 latest Star Trek waves, they could get these figures out.

#15 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 07:32 PM

Signed it. I would love to get these made.

#16 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 06:39 PM

Unfortunately, SGU has been canceled.

http://www.gateworld...er-two-seasons/

Their loss. It was the only thing I watched siffy for anymore, but now I have no reason to support them.

#17 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 08:28 PM

This really sucks. Season two was really getting good. It was turning in to a great show. I hope they don't leave it hanging at the end of the season.

Well now maybe they will focus on a couple of movies to wrap up all the shows.

#18 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 02:22 AM

I was never able to get thru season 1 so i may never know if season 2 got better. I guess the audience drop must have spoken that before i could have.

#19 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 03:06 PM

Yeah, I may try and watch season 2, but I agree with most here... season 1 was pretty gash.

I know most liked SGU better then Caprica, but I was a bit flipped on it....

#20 WORF22

WORF22

• Members
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 08:54 AM

F.Y.I. i just found this had to pass it on.

Well, it seems the death of SGU has taken another casualty with it. The planned Stargate: Atlantis film known around fan circles as Stargate: Extinction was planned as another straight-to-dvd film in the franchise, and the first revolving around the crew if Atlantis.

Executive producer Joseph Mallozzi took to his blog to answer fan questions and shared the news.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users