• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 01:50 AM

All I can say is......I don't like exclusives. Never have and never will. Oh don't get me wrong,some of'em are really cool and nice,just don't like everything surrounding it,getting them,scalpers,that kinda thing. So I love the concept and idea of exclusives,just not the rest. If that makes any sense. lol.

J-R!

#22 DSTZach

DSTZach

I can stop I just don't want to.

• VIP
  • 696 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 08:52 PM

All I can say is......I don't like exclusives. Never have and never will. Oh don't get me wrong,some of'em are really cool and nice,just don't like everything surrounding it,getting them,scalpers,that kinda thing. So I love the concept and idea of exclusives,just not the rest. If that makes any sense. lol.

J-R

Wow, you think you know a guy! I thought you loved buying exclusives, Rob! Granted, not everyone has the freedom to travel that you do, but you always seem excited to hear about new exclusives, Trek or DST or otherwise, and you seem to like making the trips to get them.

Zach...will a few of these be availible online after the Con like with the Defiant Last Year?

We'll see if we sell out at the show -- I do not believe that we set any aside specifically to sell this year or last year, but there were some available last year. Ill try to let people know -- it would be a couple of weeks after the show.

Even if they stuck with the gold as it is in that photo, they could of replaced the blue on the nacelles and deflector with a different colour, a yellow or orange piece perhaps. As well as the additional paint applications being turned from the colour they are to a gold/brown colour.

Not 100% sure of the printing process, but I believe creating a new tampo pattern would have represented a significant additional expense, and we wanted to keep this at the normal ship price.

I thought it was the golden anniversary of TOS not The Voyage HomeB)

It's the 50th anniversary of the franchise, not just TOS. Besides, we made a gold TOS ship already -- not sure if it's something we want to re-produce at this time, since that one was pretty limited itself.

If the BOP is almost ready, and based on the selling out of the last exclusive; wouldn't a cloaked BOP be ideal?
They must have engineered the moulding by this time, and they could do it without electronics. This way, people can see the ship is almost ready, and buy a variant at the same time.
Unless that's not going to get them their return on investment, due to less quantities produced.

Not 100% sure of our BoP variant release schedule, but I don't think the ship tooling is 100% ready at this time.

I don't get why they don't use a proper gold finish and make it look like the model ships on the Enterprise E. Take the electronics out and gold plate the whole thing with variants in the gold to pick out the detail.

I think our thinking was that making it entirely gold, with no printing, was something anyone could make using a regular ship and a can of spray paint. Gold plating or chroming is not really something we can easily accomplish at this price point, or at least it's not something we have been able to accomplish before.

#23 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 01:47 AM

Oh Zach,but you DO know me! lol! I've always said I don't like exclusives,but love the IDEA of them and seeing what they are. And once every blue moon,I even like it enough to try and get one. And you're right.....up to a point. I do love the trips. lol! And I've told you about this at various cons,if you recall. See ya next week my friend! Looking forward to it.

I usually get exclusives for others,and THAT is actually fun! It doesn't leave ME with the disappointment when I don't get it. lol. And I know there's a whole community out there who only collects exclusives,and that must be fun and exciting for them. I wish them luck with the plethora of stuff at this years various cons. lol.

J-R!

#24 Dilithium1

Dilithium1

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 06:06 AM

All I can say is......I don't like exclusives. Never have and never will. 

I've never trusted Klingons and I never will.  I can never forgive them for the death of my boy.

#25 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 06:38 PM

LOL! That mucho funny.

#26 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 08:05 PM

I've never trusted Klingons and I never will.  I can never forgive them for the death of my boy.

Honestly read the last word as "toy". Fitting, given where we are.

#27 Alex

Alex

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 926 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 12:23 AM

I guess it must have been the Klingons that did a number on my TOS 1701's stand awhile back, and here I was thinking it was Trelane that was screwing with inertia when it "flew" down from my shelf and into my head. (I thought that only happened when you let Troi fly the ship!)

Anyway, I'm not sure if there were any of the SDCC exclusive 1701–A left for sale on DST's site, but when I checked the other night it wasn't up there. I'm kind of hoping that it will be though, I'd really like to get one without paying a few hundred dollars for it on eBay.

#28 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 01:05 AM

Zach said it will take a few weeks if there are any left. I really hope there are some left too. I need one!

#29 Alex

Alex

• Members
  • 926 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 11:32 AM

Thanks for the heads–up, BadBunnyMike; I misread Zach's post as "it would take a few weeks" meaning in order for them to be available online rather than meaning in order for them to know if they'd be putting them online. With my luck they'll go online the day I'm leaving for California in a just over a week without my usual electronics, and I'll need to find someone here to snag one for me. Hopefully I'm wrong though and they'll go online something before this coming Tuesday.

#30 DSTZach

DSTZach

• VIP
  • 696 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 02:58 PM

I don't think we'll have any to put up. We sold out on Saturday. If that changes, and some are located, I'll let people know.

#31 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 07:01 PM

Are there any new pictures of this thing floating around? It's often the case that DST's publicity photos don't do their product justice.

#32 Alex

Alex

• Members
  • 926 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 03:36 AM

Thanks for the heads–up Zach; I'm sorry to hear that the ship sold out on Saturday, :( but I'm glad that you'll let us know if you find more of them. :) I knew I wouldn't be able to attend SDCC, but I'm hoping I can find a way to get my hands on that ship without being scalped in the process.

#33 DSTZach

DSTZach

• VIP
  • 696 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 12:10 PM

Are there any new pictures of this thing floating around? It's often the case that DST's publicity photos don't do their product justice.

Promotional picture was of a production sample. WYSIWYG

#34 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 05:36 PM

I'd just like to see it under different lighting conditions, different angles, is all.

#35 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 09:20 PM

I have it but I am a MIB collector or I would totally take pix of it. In the box it isnt super impressive, i bet the gold pops on this on display though. I bet it is amazing. I love the Gold Editions cuz the old Playmates Gold D was MY favorite growing up. That thing got SO much play. Bummed I didnt get the Gold 1701 from DST though. I neeed that in my life

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users